Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Netgear D7000  (Read 96018 times)

lofgents

Re: Netgear D7000
« Reply #135 on: August 13, 2016, 01:05:35 PM »

Hi I am new to the forum so will say hello.

My isp will soon upgrade our ancient sysytem to F.T.T.C (not in the U.K) so will be looking at the pes version of this modem/router. As there has not been any recent posts have the firmware updates improved the stability of this model.

Thanks   

mjgr33n

« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2016, 09:56:24 PM »

I have 2 of these, one at home and one at the place I lodge in London, both great, both very stable for me, one on FTTC and one on ADSL2, all seem to be fantastic, great signal and great wireless, could not be happier :)

lofgents

« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2016, 09:50:16 AM »

I have 2 of these, one at home and one at the place I lodge in London, both great, both very stable for me, one on FTTC and one on ADSL2, all seem to be fantastic, great signal and great wireless, could not be happier :)

Thanks for the information looks like the newer firmware has added stability and good to know you have the opportunity to provide feedback on FTTC and ADSL

Thanks again.

mjgr33n

« Reply #138 on: September 28, 2016, 03:10:46 PM »

New Firmware D7000-V1.0.1.42_1.0.1 -

New Features and Enhancements:

Supports ReadyCloud, which allows you to access your USB storage device from anywhere.
Supports genie remote, which allows you to manage your home network remotely using NETGEAR genie.
Supports OpenVPN mobile client (iOS and Android) app for easy secure remote access to your home network.
Sends log reports via SSL email, which allows email notification to be setup on your Nighthawk router.
Supports WiFi Transmit Power Control, which reduces WiFi power to just cover your home network and reduces WiFi interference in the neighborhood.
Improves port forwarding by allowing fixed and range ports to be added to one rule.
To Install

Note: To avoid wireless disconnect issue during the firmware download process, NETGEAR recommends that firmware upgrade be performed on a computer with wired connection.

Write down all the settings which you changed from the default values, since you may need to re-enter them manually.
Using the Download Link below, download and extract the new firmware to a convenient place such as your desktop.The filename after extracting is D7000-V1.0.1.42_1.0.1.img

Download Link: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/D7000/D7000_FW_V1.0.1.42_1.0.1.zip
Log in to the router using a Web browser. The URL is http://www.routerlogin.net.
Click ADVANCED tab > Administration > Firmware Upgrade.
Click Browse and find the file you just downloaded.
Click Upload. Do not interrupt the upgrade while the router does this step.
Important Note:

The upgrade process is completed when the on screen progress bar completes.
If the upgrade progress bar on web GUI doesn’t display correctly during firmware upgrade, you can still check the status using Power LED. The Power LED should be blinking (amber) during firmware upgrade.  After firmware upgrade is done and boots up the system, it changes to steady amber color.
Please DO NOT power off or reboot the device during firmware upgrade, otherwise, it  may result to a corrupt firmware and cause the device not to work.
Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate.

This product includes software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public License ("GPL") or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). As applicable, the terms of the GPL and LGPL, and information on obtaining access to the GPL Code and LGPL Code used in this product, are available to you at NETGEAR's Open Source Code Web page. The GPL Code and LGPL Code used in this product is distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY and is subject to the copyrights of one or more authors. For details, see the GPL Code and LGPL Code for this product and the terms of the GPL and LGPL.

VDSL2User

« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2016, 04:43:07 PM »

I have upgraded to the new version 42 from version 32 and all is working as it should with one small exception.
On the home page where it lists the Wireless state it flags a warning saying no encryption is in use.
On investigation I confirmed WPA2 was on and working correctly for both 2 GHz and 5 GHz.
On a hunch I adjusted the security settings of the Guest network (which I don't use and is actually disabled) to WPA2
and the warning on the home page disappeared with it reporting that it was looking at the Guest SSID.
A bug for Netgear to fix in the next release.
Also on checking (via DSLStats) I found the Broadcom DSL driver code in use to be  A2pvbH042n.d26b which is the latest I
have come across with the previous driver version at release 39m.
I am monitoring the stats be see little difference in sync or performance at this point (but less than 1 hour uptime so far)

mjgr33n

« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2016, 06:11:19 PM »

I have upgraded to the new version 42 from version 32 and all is working as it should with one small exception.
On the home page where it lists the Wireless state it flags a warning saying no encryption is in use.
On investigation I confirmed WPA2 was on and working correctly for both 2 GHz and 5 GHz.
On a hunch I adjusted the security settings of the Guest network (which I don't use and is actually disabled) to WPA2
and the warning on the home page disappeared with it reporting that it was looking at the Guest SSID.
A bug for Netgear to fix in the next release.
Also on checking (via DSLStats) I found the Broadcom DSL driver code in use to be  A2pvbH042n.d26b which is the latest I
have come across with the previous driver version at release 39m.
I am monitoring the stats be see little difference in sync or performance at this point (but less than 1 hour uptime so far)

Thanks, I wondered why it was doing that given that it has security by default and yeah putting some on the guest networks even though they disbaled fixes it, also noticed it only shows the guest networks in the wireless ticker, well at least everything is running great :)

Buckchoi

« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2016, 10:21:42 AM »

D7000 Firmware Version 1.0.1.44 has been released.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31436

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2016, 11:30:45 AM »

I only just upgraded to 1.0.1.42 yesterday  :D

Geekofbroadband

• Reg Member
« Reply #143 on: January 08, 2017, 08:19:25 PM »

Just thought I'd mention, the D7000 is currently on sale at £155 from £170 on Amazon and is about to go on a flash sale at 11:59pm http://i.imgur.com/fhSSTvQ.png  :P

mjgr33n

« Reply #144 on: January 16, 2017, 07:09:06 PM »

Just thought I'd mention, the D7000 is currently on sale at £155 from £170 on Amazon and is about to go on a flash sale at 11:59pm http://i.imgur.com/fhSSTvQ.png  :P

I got one for £150 last year at local PC World and they are currently £139.99 at Amazon.co.uk.

dodgydrains

« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2017, 07:42:28 PM »

Hi,

Has anyone managed to tweak ADSL SNR on the D7000?

If so is there a guide at all?

vic0239

• Reg Member
« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2017, 12:14:32 PM »

Just wondering if anyone has used the D7000 in bridge mode? My current ZyXel VMG1312-B10As have an issue with PPPoE under certain circumstances when the throughput drops to almost zero and I thought these might be an alternative. Thanks.
Lothian Broadband 900/900 + AAISP VDSL, Vigor2865Vac, MikroTik rb260gsp, ZyXel NWA50AX WiFi AP.

PhilipD

• Reg Member
« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2017, 08:42:54 AM »

Hi

It's a sledge hammer to crack a nut that, buying it just as modem only and will burn through electricity.  Have you considered tracking down an HG612 or some other cheaper VDSL router for modem only mode.

Regards

Phil

vic0239

• Reg Member
« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2017, 10:50:11 AM »

Hi.

I hadn't considered the amount of power they would consume, but perhaps that would be mitigated if the radios were turned off. However, you are absolutely correct that I'd be paying for functionality that wouldn't be used, but I'd like a device with an up to date Broadcom chipset which the D7000 has. I already have two HG612 modems, but I drop ~10Mbps across my two lines with these. I've also tried the VMG1312-B10Ds on loan from my ISP, but they had the same issue so I want to stay clear of the ZyXels.

Thanks ... Vic.

Lothian Broadband 900/900 + AAISP VDSL, Vigor2865Vac, MikroTik rb260gsp, ZyXel NWA50AX WiFi AP.

babis3g

« Reply #149 on: February 24, 2017, 11:27:17 AM »

Hi,

Has anyone managed to tweak ADSL SNR on the D7000?

If so is there a guide at all?
Now noticed this thread
I don't own the d7000, but here worked for user in a Greek forum (older firmware, so not sure if with latest is blocked)
debug with this ip
http://192.168.0.1/setup.cgi?todo=debug
at telnet type
telnet 192.168.0.1 (enter)
page log in will appear type
root (enter)
then for adsl snr tweak type
adslctl configure --snr xx
where xx are the values (all broadcom values are somewhere in this forum, but sorry did not bother to try find out the page, also did not use broadcom for long time and i forgot them, so perhaps an other user to help on this)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11