Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Netgear D7000  (Read 96028 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
Re: Netgear D7000
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2015, 05:52:00 PM »

Netgear engineers - make me laugh! They saying that to me years ago with DGND3700 to get the bottom of issues problem but they give up!

Never trust Netgear engineers!

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2015, 05:52:38 PM »

Just received a message from the Netgear Engineer and he asked me to relay the information regarding VLAN.

PhilipD we weren't too sure what you you meant with the D7000 has no VLAN option.

Actually the D7000 has VLAN option in Internet Setup GUI page for both internet ad IPTV interface separately. All DSL related settings also in Internet Setup page.
D7000 does not support VLAN grouping function so we do not have the user confused with the VLAN settings in Internet setup page.

We can add the VLAN grouping function if it really needed. But for normal user what D7000 provide in Internet setup page is enough, and there also support multiple IPTV port in Bridge mode.

The Gb Ethernet WAN port can ne the fifth Gb LAN port if configure the unit as “Modem only” mode.

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2015, 06:00:15 PM »

Yes I understand how you feel, I have similar feelings about other manufacturers. Asus especially.

mjgr33n

« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2015, 06:02:28 PM »

Netgear engineers - make me laugh! They saying that to me years ago with DGND3700 to get the bottom of issues problem but they give up!

Never trust Netgear engineers!

I have had numerous issues with numerous manufacturers in the many many years of working in IT and also as a customer like many people.

But -

a). this is a thread for people that have bought the D7000 or are considering buying it, at what point does all your dislike for them help the people in this thread.

b). Issues in the past don't necessarily mean issues now, people change, companies change and adapt or go bankrupt.

c). I have never had issues with Netgear, I have been lucky that way, despite owning 4 different devices form them over the years.

d). I don't have any issues with the D7000 or the D6400. The D7000 is very fast for me and no fluctuations, does everything I need it to and the cost of the unit is cheap for me.

mjgr33n

« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2015, 06:03:54 PM »

Yes I understand how you feel, I have similar feelings about other manufacturers. Asus especially.

Yeah, ASUS I have mixed feelings about but have owned both good and bad products from.

mjgr33n

« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2015, 06:07:32 PM »

Just received a message from the Netgear Engineer and he asked me to relay the information regarding VLAN.

PhilipD we weren't too sure what you you meant with the D7000 has no VLAN option.

Actually the D7000 has VLAN option in Internet Setup GUI page for both internet ad IPTV interface separately. All DSL related settings also in Internet Setup page.
D7000 does not support VLAN grouping function so we do not have the user confused with the VLAN settings in Internet setup page.

We can add the VLAN grouping function if it really needed. But for normal user what D7000 provide in Internet setup page is enough, and there also support multiple IPTV port in Bridge mode.

The Gb Ethernet WAN port can ne the fifth Gb LAN port if configure the unit as “Modem only” mode.

Their VLAN and bridging options are a bit lacking and not very subtle, would love to see option to bridge the 5th port without it being modem only or Access point only, also nice to see some proper VLAN options, but despite the above reference I would be surprised if they enabled them :P

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2015, 06:31:50 PM »

I would say I'm the same as yourself with Asus, their routers and motherboards etc are not bad at all. Their DSL units are better off used as a door stop or a weapon though.
Their firmware tends to be a bit hit and miss too but they do provide good options in their GUI. Which I like.

Anyway back on topic.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2015, 06:51:10 PM »

@adslmax: we're getting rather tired of your off-topic comments in this thread. Please stay out of it unless you have something relevant to say. Any more off-topic comments will be deleted.
  Eric

ricke17

« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2015, 07:06:01 PM »

Hello you!

I am still having no luck at all with Netgear C/S providing me with any information as to have to resolve the IGMP snooping issue to allow my plusnet multicast IPTV to actually work!

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2015, 08:58:20 PM »

I have mentioned your issue to the guy this evening. The had plusnet beta testers so I've requested more information on if the plusnet beta testers had setup the iptv function and if so, how.
Should hear back from him in the morning hopefully.

ricke17

« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2015, 09:03:11 PM »

You are a lifesaver!

I am at the end of my tether with this box and still using the ASUS.

With all the tinkering with the Netgear I'm worried that if I try to tinker again then DLM will kick in.

Looking forward to any feedback, I really do appreciate it.

Rick.

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2015, 09:22:54 PM »

He may want to speak to you directly so will let you know what he says in the morning.

ricke17

« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2015, 09:36:00 PM »

That's fine - happy to inbox you my details!

Thanks again!!

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2015, 09:39:52 PM »

It will be easier if you discussed it with him rather than me being the middle man.

ricke17

« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2015, 09:43:39 PM »

Sure, I'll inbox you my details now.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

anything