Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Netgear D7000  (Read 96016 times)

michty_me

• Reg Member
Re: Netgear D7000
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2015, 12:09:25 PM »

Thanks Phil,

I'll contemplate ordering with them. I'll wait and see what happens with stock arrival tomorrow at other companies first though. Thanks

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2015, 01:05:54 PM »

The Distance Selling Regulations don't exist anymore.

PhilipD

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2015, 01:18:15 PM »

Hi

The Distance Selling Regulations don't exist anymore.

Learn something new everyday, although the options are still available for returning goods as it has been bettered by new UK laws from what I can gather.

Still the whole experience can be pain free (Amazon are fantastic) or pretty painful (BroadbandBuyer were not good to deal with a return).

Regards

Phil

PhilipD

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2015, 01:34:23 PM »

Hi

I've just ordered one with CCLOnline as they had them for next day now, they didn't earlier, do delivery tomorrow, I'll be sure to feed back.

Regards

Phil

adrenalize

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2015, 02:33:33 PM »

Yes my CCLOnline one was shipped today - ordered late last night after cancelling Amazon! Sometimes difficult to understand what the numbers mean for stock! Was a skinflint though and went for free shipping :-\

PhilipD

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2015, 03:00:25 PM »

Hi

Yes their stock levels [CCLOnline] are a little confusing.  Earlier today they said they had stock but not available for collection for 2 days and delivery earliest was Saturday, then later today when I looked it had changed to collection today and delivery options for tomorrow.  So it would seem the stock arrived today when they were expecting it tomorrow and it arrived a day early, or more than likely it was always expected today, but as it could arrive anytime up to late today and too late for dispatch, they play safe and add an extra day.

Regards

Phil

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2015, 04:58:02 PM »

Looking forward to seeing how you all get on with it.

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2015, 02:51:04 PM »

I noticed the date for the amazon stock has changed to the 21st. Think I'll go place my order now.
Has yours turned up yet?

PhilipD

• Reg Member
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2015, 04:03:10 PM »

Hi

Yes turned up lunchtime.  It's fairly large, the design is the same as the R7000 router, but it doesn't need to be as large as it is, whereas the router version has a full length heat-sink running along the base with fins filling the angled sides, this one is devoid of such a heat-sink, with a much smaller heat-sink on   the main Broadcom chip which doesn't extend very far, this is on the bottom so the heat can't easily escape!  So impressions are of a big bit of cheap plastic with little inside as it isn't as heavy as the size might suggest.

It boots up quick, so certainly can tell it has a faster processor, not connected it up just yet, will do shortly.

Regards

Phil

PhilipD

• Reg Member
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2015, 04:25:07 PM »

Hi

Connected and running all okay so far.  What is the trick to get Telnet so I can see the line stats?

Regards

Phil

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2015, 04:37:58 PM »

Try this.

1) Download the unlock tool from here  https://github.com/LuKePicci/NetgearTelnetEnable/blob/master/binaries/windows/telnetenable.exe
2) Place file in C:\Windows\System32.
3) Login to netgear router and click advanced and look at the router information block. Take note of the MAC address in there.
4) This point I made a notepad file with the info if I ever need it again.
5) Open windows command prompt.
6) Type this without the quote marks "telnetenable.exe 192.168.0.1 {MAC ADDRESS of Router LAN Port - in step 3} {user id- default admin} {password- default password}
7) It should look like something like this - telnetenable.exe 192.168.0.1 000FB5A2BE26 admin password
8) Hit enter and you should get a message stating Payload has been sent to Netgear router. Telnet should be enabled.
9) Open DSL Stats, And go to config page. Select one of the netgear routers from the list and delete the username and password info. Hit the play button.

PhilipD

• Reg Member
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2015, 05:56:46 PM »

Hi

Many thanks for the instructions for Telnet they worked great.

Now connected it up to the VDSL line and stats are identical to ZyXEL 8924, and speed tests are the same.  Not many advanced features in the Netgear WebUI, just the basics really, no options to tweak the ADSL or VDSL settings for example, the default config is:

Code: [Select]
Modulations:
        G.Dmt   Enabled
        G.lite  Enabled
        T1.413  Enabled
        ADSL2   Enabled
        AnnexL  Enabled
        ADSL2+  Enabled
        AnnexM  Enabled
        VDSL2   Enabled
VDSL2 profiles:
        8a      Enabled
        8b      Enabled
        8c      Enabled
        8d      Enabled
        12a     Enabled
        12b     Enabled
        17a     Enabled
        30a     Enabled
        US0     Enabled
Phone line pair:
        Inner pair
Capability:
        bitswap         On
        sra             Off
        trellis         On
        sesdrop         Off
        CoMinMgn        Off
        24k             On
        phyReXmt(Us/Ds) Off/On
        Ginp(Us/Ds)     On/On
        TpsTc           AvPvAa
        monitorTone:    On
        dynamicD:       On
        dynamicF:       On
        SOS:            On
        Training Margin(Q4 in dB):      -1(DEFAULT)

If I can provide any more info let me know.  Time will tell how stable it is, but not a single reboot so far, unlike the ZyXEL that was rather prone to rebooting.

Regards

Phil

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2015, 06:02:26 PM »

Sounds good then. I believe this has a new broadcom chip in it. My one is due for delivery on Wednesday so I can put up a direct comparison with my Asus dsl-ac68u. It's been running around a week so far.

clithes

• Just arrived
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2015, 06:13:00 PM »

Does this not work anymore to get into debug mode on Netgears?

http://192.168.0.1/setup.cgi?todo=debug

PhilipD

• Reg Member
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2015, 06:15:23 PM »

Hi

I tried that and it says "Debug enabled!", it is a command I remember from a few years ago, not sure if it did enable Telnet as I had already enabled it via the other method.

Pings to the BBC that were a consistent 12ms have dropped to 10ms, not sure if connected, and my BQM on Thinkbroadband shows pings lower than before.

Regards

Phil
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 06:17:41 PM by PhilipD »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

anything