Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: R.I.P Chazcat  (Read 4854 times)

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
R.I.P Chazcat
« on: March 05, 2009, 12:22:51 PM »

As most of you know, Charlie has been ill for some time now, and Mum has been doing her best for him.

Last night, unfortunately, he became very, very ill, and this morning he had to be put to sleep.

As you can understand, Mum and I, especially Mum are very upset about this.

R.I.P Chazcat.
We love you
xxxxx

As most of you will understand, Mum is very very upset, and she may not be around for a while.
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: R.I.P Chazcat
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 12:33:46 PM »

Oh dear, poor Chas and poor you. Nobody could have given him more love or more care, and it's very sad that his illness was too much in the end. Thinking of you both. :hug:
  Eric

scottiesmum

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 12:36:07 PM »

So very sorry to read your post -  it is sad news after all the  effort and  love that your Mum has given to Chaz over the last months.   Thinking about you both  :hug: :hug:

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 12:41:00 PM »

Oh dear, what sad news.

You and your Mum worked so hard for Chas, you loved him and I am sure he loved you back.
In health, I am sure he was a happy and contented cat.

Thinking of you both.  :hug:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 01:02:21 PM »

Thinking about you both at this very sad time.  :(

jazz

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 02:01:54 PM »

So sorry to hear the news - I know from experience how upsetting it is.  Thinking of you both :(

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 04:56:45 PM »

:hug:

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 06:04:42 PM »

Really, really sorry to hear the bad news, I don't think anyone could have done more, take care of yourselves.

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 06:48:35 PM »

Sorry to hear the bad news.

Take care of your Mum and yourself :hug:
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 09:08:05 PM »

So Sorry to hear the bad news .  :(
Nothing can be said to ease the pain of losing a faithful pet

Jeff :(
zen user

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 06:42:58 AM »

I'm really sad to hear the news, I'm so sorry and can understand just how you're suffering with the loss of Chaz.   :(  Thinking of you both at this heartbreaking time.  Lots of hugs to you and your mum.

Chrissie xx
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 06:49:16 PM »

Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

As some of you know Chaz had been ill last year and I nursed him back to health, and then about 3 weeks ago he suffered the same thing with his balance.  With time and attention he did appear to be getting better again.  The reason I was nursing him through this was because I was sure he wasnt in pain and despite being dis-orientated he was very happy and adapting.

However on Wed night he seemed different and although he was poorly he wasnt his usual self and I felt something had changed.

When I took him to the vets the next morning, they said he was now also suffering from renal failure and was very poorly.  They did offer to try dialysis, but there would be no guarantee.  I made a hard decision and in view of the fact he would now be suffering, I took what I felt was the kindest option. I held him and cuddled him as he went to sleep telling him what a fantastic pet he'd been and how much he was loved.
I then brought him home and he's now buried in the garden where he loved to sun himself.

I know all people think their pets are special but chaz choose me many years ago and he became my shadow always following me which ever room I went in. He'd even follow me to the local shop. 

The hardest room for me to be in atm is the computer room as he normally always sat by me as I worked and the room seems very empty with him not being here as I type.
The following is an indication of how I often work on the site - with him sleeping in front of the 2nd monitor, taken a few weeks ago.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 07:41:59 AM »

It must be so heartbreaking making that decision to have any pet put to sleep and even harder being with them and cuddling them as they drift off.He will have felt comforted knowing that his 'mum' was with him at the end.
It will be hard very hard for you in the coming weeks but time is a great healer(it doesn't seem it at the time though).

Thinking of you in these sad times.

Phil.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 08:55:54 AM »

Well, Chaz, you are at rest now.
No more pain or discomfort, no more loss of self esteem at not being able to look after yourself.
You have you dignity back, and can go to sleep knowing that you were a loved and respected member of the family.

Your human pets loved you so much, and did everything in their power to look after you in your last weeks. Medicines, vet

treatments, interacting with you, helping you all the while about your businesses.

Alas, the end comes to us all and your inevitable passing was made easier for you by the love of Kitz who held you, and

cuddled you and loved you to the end.

Your passing is and was not so easy or comfortable for Kitz.
Not only has she lost a cherished member of her family, but she had to have the courage to decide that your life was at an

end and that to prolong it would be to only cause you more suffering and indignity.
What a terrible decision she had to make for you, Chaz............you had loved her and given her your loyalty over the years

and she had to decide that your time had come.
However justified was that decision, and it was justified, it was a terrible one to have to make........in fact Kitz had to

commit the last great betrayal...........to ask for you to be put to sleep. The trauma of that will be as hard to bear as the

loss of you.

Kitz now has only memories of you, Chas............memories that she will cherish for a long time. She will always see you

curled up on the desk having a snooze. The pain of your passing will ease after a while, but the memories wont.....and

memories are bestowed only on that which we have loved and lost.

Sleep softly, Chaz.

scottiesmum

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 12:23:46 PM »

TD   .. you have made me cry, what a lovely post  :)    I'm sure Kitz will take the comfort  that was intended  from it. 

I think you have said it  all;   I will just say, thinking about you Kitz  :hug:
Pages: [1] 2