Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: RDI 1 Every 5 Days at Same Time  (Read 1997 times)

lockdown

RDI 1 Every 5 Days at Same Time
« on: November 21, 2016, 02:50:14 PM »

Hi All,

I'm a new user and trying to understand what all the stats mean and relate to. I'm experiencing consistent RDI 1's every ~5 days at the same time, username on MDWS is 'lockdown'. My sync speed doesn't change and all other stats seem pretty normal to me but I am a newb!

Could anybody kindly shed any light on what it could be?

Thanks in advance for taking a look.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: RDI 1 Every 5 Days at Same Time
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 05:04:27 PM »

Is there a setting on the Zyxel to reboot / resync the modem every 5 days ? as I can this option on the 8800NL so wondering if was this.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:12:29 PM by NewtronStar »

lockdown

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 09:05:05 PM »

Is there a setting on the Zyxel to reboot / resync the modem every 5 days ? as I can this option on the 8800NL so wondering if was this.
Thanks for the tip, didn't know that existed. Yes there is, checked mine and all ports are set to on and the auto schedule doesn't have any rules set. That would have been a nice easy fix TBH.

Any other stats I should provide to help, please let me know

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 09:16:39 PM »

I usually start simple when checking for faults your stats look very good except the HLOG is not a nice gradual curved line it has humps and bumps some bridge tap going on there.

gazaai

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 06:00:33 PM »

Yeah just had a look at your Hlog as well, I would say you have a bridge tap issue on your line. Do you have any extension sockets wired to the master socket?

Here was my Bridge Tap compared to yours, they do look a bit different. Mine was an odd one tho, both of my lines were connected to each other at the pole, I doubt this has happened on your line.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 06:08:04 PM by gazaai »
Plusnet: 80 / 20
MDWS Username: GaZaai

Modem: Billion 8800NL (Bridge Mode)
Router + AP: NETGEAR R7800 (OpenWRT/LEDE)
APs: 2x Linksys Linksys EA6700

lockdown

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 11:29:18 AM »

Thanks for looking into that, this could very well be the issue. I don't have any extensions of anything other than the modem connected to the master socket but I do have another line coming into the house that isn't used (from previous owner) which does have an extension. The master socket for the second line is right next to the existing line - I wonder it's using a pair of my existing line or something like that. I will have a look this evening.

When I requested a GEA Line Test from PN back in July, it wasn't detected on the line by them but presumably that wouldn't have identified anything funky going on within my premises.

gazaai

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 12:29:55 PM »

When I had a GEA test done, the Bridge Tap said "Not Detected" yet I had a 60 metre long cable attacrched at the pole not connected to anything at the other end. Yeah take a look at your current wiring see if you can spot anything odd
Plusnet: 80 / 20
MDWS Username: GaZaai

Modem: Billion 8800NL (Bridge Mode)
Router + AP: NETGEAR R7800 (OpenWRT/LEDE)
APs: 2x Linksys Linksys EA6700

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 04:46:11 PM »

It would be perfectly normal for the unused second line to use a different pair of wires in the existing cable going into your property. Each individual wire has its own insulation around it, so there shouldn't be any connection between one pair and the other pair.

anything