Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 60

Author Topic: I have G.INP on ECI  (Read 229441 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: I have G.INP on ECI
« Reply #330 on: March 29, 2016, 04:27:22 PM »

Hey look daveesh1's ECI cab has interleaving on the up stream now INT: 89 INP: 2.50 DLY: 8 as predicted

daleski75

« Reply #331 on: March 29, 2016, 04:45:54 PM »

Is there any pattern to which cabinets are getting G.INP enabled or is it just random?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #332 on: March 29, 2016, 04:54:28 PM »

Is there any pattern to which cabinets are getting G.INP enabled or is it just random?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very random I did try to find a pattern when the Huawei's got activated with G.INP and burnt my fingers trying to find a pattern but it seems to be larger exchanges first and then the smaller ones

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #333 on: March 29, 2016, 05:02:44 PM »

NS I don't think exchange size has anything to do with it either. @Broadstairs  had g.inp applied yesterday I think, I'm on the same exchange but different  cab and still don't have it, whilst at work (Sandwich) had it applied this morning and that's a much smaller exchange.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 05:16:33 PM by Ronski »
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 1147/105  ;D

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #334 on: March 29, 2016, 05:09:53 PM »

I tried my ASUS DSL-AC68U now G.INP appears to be enabled on my line/circuit and to my amazement there must be a bug in the firmware regarding supporting G.INP from ECI DSLAM's. It reports odd INP values and is acting as if I'm on the fallback to if G.INP isn't supported by the modem.

http://i.imgur.com/venI00D.png

NewtronStar: I'm on SDESTBR by the way.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #335 on: March 29, 2016, 05:11:05 PM »

NS I don't think exchange size has anything to do with it eirher. @Broadstairs  had g.inp applied yesterday I think, I'm on the same exchange but different  cab and still don't have it, whilst at work (Sandwich) had it applied this morning and that's a much smaller exchange.

I did say seems to be :) It was the same question I asked Kitz and that was the observation at that time. 

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #336 on: March 29, 2016, 05:20:57 PM »

NS, just giving you some more info from my observations and frustrations of not yet having it. There must be some order to it though, it could just be as simple as cab installation number/order.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 1147/105  ;D

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #337 on: March 29, 2016, 05:32:47 PM »

The reason I think I have Interleaving is I tried my Asus DSL n66u yesterday and on the face of it it seemed to be ok but DLM must of taken a dislike to what was going on. So went back to Billion 8800AXL at 07.30 this morning. All I can hope for is DLM is kind.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #338 on: March 29, 2016, 05:40:27 PM »

Just to clarify mine was enabled about 07:40 Saturday downstream only. I'd sure like to know why the upstream was not enabled at the same time though, my router should be capable of both and if other ECI cabs have both enabled why not mine?

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

skyeci

• Kitizen
« Reply #339 on: March 29, 2016, 05:47:51 PM »

No g.inp on upstream. Ds only.
Cheers

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #340 on: March 29, 2016, 06:19:55 PM »

Apparently the ECI cabs won't support G.INP on the upstream (upstream as in from end user to cabinet, the 20 of 80/20). The ECI modems running OpenWRT should be able to do upstream G.INP (on Huawei cabs and if the DLM decides to enable it).

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #341 on: March 29, 2016, 06:45:22 PM »

I did say seems to be :) It was the same question I asked Kitz and that was the observation at that time.

I cant recall saying it was... I can recall saying it wasn't alphabetical.   In days of old they used to upgrade the larger exchanges first when it came to physical upgrading of equipment.   With FTTC, although on a small exchange, your cab's Head end often resides at a much larger exchange... many of which also have a MSE bRAS now.   

I've no idea how they decide for G.INP,  which is a two stage process 1)The cab upgrade 2)Roll out the DLM profile to the EU.  Neither of these require physical intervention as they are software config related and carried out remotely.

If there is a logical pattern I dont think we have found out what it was. Stage 2) may even be something line specific..  because we know that all the cabs have been upgraded before they start stage 2.   

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #342 on: March 29, 2016, 08:10:55 PM »

Hey look daveesh1's ECI cab has interleaving on the up stream now INT: 89 INP: 2.50 DLY: 8 as predicted
No g.inp on upstream. Ds only.
Cheers

OK so who is wrong,

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #343 on: March 29, 2016, 08:26:05 PM »

Neither, interleaving isn't G.INP. Interleaving and FEC is the older method of providing error correction.

skyeci

• Kitizen
« Reply #344 on: March 29, 2016, 08:27:24 PM »

This is what happened to my line pre new pair.

"Your upstream now has had an old-style DLM intervention, setting an INP of 2.5 and a delay of 8ms; the modems have turned on FEC and interleaving. However, it doesn't look to have G.INP running upstream; I wouldn't expect it, either"
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 60