Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can it (2012) get any worse  (Read 7586 times)

asbokid

• Kitizen
    • Hacking the 2Wire
Re: Can it (2012) get any worse
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 09:53:28 PM »

I hope your sick-bed gets better soon as well b*cat :flower:

Sorry to hear about your trouble, SS.  Hope you mend ASAP.

Don't mean to be funny, but would you mind not waving the flowers around, please.  I'm allergic to them and can go into anaphylactic shock at any moment.  :o

To be serious.. the British National Formulary is available online (after registration) if you fancy checking out your symptoms, drug side effects, cautions and contra-indications. Although reading just a couple of pages can often make you feel considerably worse!

cheers, a
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 02:46:26 AM by asbokid »

AdrianH

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 07:55:53 AM »

They are not suposed  to be using 084 numbers and  if they are the cost to the patient should be no more than a geographic call.

David Hickson

I would have insited to speak to doctor on the phone or the practice manager.

Our surgery was on 0845 but has now gone back to their original number. Mind you I went with the "Anytime package" and don't pay for o845 or 0870 calls at all. I like the fact I can use the phone as much as I want without worrying about the call costs (for most numbers).

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 08:08:45 AM »

I hope your sick-bed gets better soon as well b*cat :flower:
Sorry to hear about your trouble, SS.  Hope you mend ASAP.

Before people start waving flowers at me, I was referring to b*cat's bed. Apologies for waving  :flower: :flower: these things about.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 08:38:45 AM »

Well I managed to get to see my GP at 5pm last night.He upped the dose of one of my medications(Bisoprolol from 5mg to 7.5mg),but suggested that I should keep taking the Warfarin,there are alternatives but that is for the anti coagulation clinic to decide).He said one of the side effects with Warfarin is palpitations(which I'm experiencing).

It could be stress which has brought on the Atrial Fibrillation or any number of things,it just seems funny I was right as rain before I started taking Warfarin as of last Thursday.
I haven't had any problems since my first attack last June

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 08:52:41 AM »

>>  It could be stress which has brought on the Atrial Fibrillation or any number of things

Or even getting all het up about energy companies and their tariffs?   ;)

Colin

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 09:12:34 AM »

>>  It could be stress which has brought on the Atrial Fibrillation or any number of things

Or even getting all het up about energy companies and their tariffs?   ;)

Colin

You could be right Colin,I had a very stressful week last week.First off with Sue being poorly,then EDF messing me about,then the stress of my blood tests/Warfarin etc...

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 10:06:50 AM »

Uncy I'm so sorry to hear of your health scare (know myself what it's like with that one)....I do hope things improve for you and you will be feeling much better soon.  "They" have always wanted me to take warfarin but I refuse because of the problems with it (for some) and I'm on Bisoprolol too so I'm glad I haven't gone there - preferring to take my chances (being a fatalist lol).  I hope they get things sorted soon for you, I know they all swear by warfarin but like many medications, they don't suit all the people all of the time.  Sending my best wishes to you and Sue and here's hoping this episode is a one off for you Phil and you will both be "up and at 'em" very soon.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 10:49:29 AM »

Thanks Chrissie  :flower:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 11:21:30 AM »

So sorry to hear youve been poorly UB and I hope that you are soon on the mend and get your med sorted out  :flower:

Sorry I didnt pick up on this earlier, but I was also at the hospital for much of yesterday afternoon and was shattered when I got home and didnt feel much like sitting in front of the PC.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 11:27:15 AM »

So sorry to hear youve been poorly UB and I hope that you are soon on the mend and get your med sorted out  :flower:

Sorry I didnt pick up on this earlier, but I was also at the hospital for much of yesterday afternoon and was shattered when I got home and didnt feel much like sitting in front of the PC.

Thanks  :flower:

And I hope you too soon feel better  :flower:

I don't know about Kitz Wiki,perhaps it should be Kitz Ward  ;D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 11:42:48 AM »

>> it should be Kitz Ward

lol youre not kidding  :lol:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 11:46:58 AM »

Did someone call "Nursie!"

Colin

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2012, 12:23:45 PM »

Been to 'Dracula's sweet shop' this morning to give blood,not too bad only 20 before this time. ;D

Still feel under the weather,but have been told to give my body more time to get use to the Warfarin.

The NHS do a great job imo but they really need to get staffing levels right in different parts of it...

There were 4 nurses working flat out taking blood,and on the other hand there were 3 staff sat at the reception desk doing virtually nothing apart from chatting to each other.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2012, 01:11:59 PM »

>>> Been to 'Dracula's sweet shop' this morning to give blood

Not the best pic in the world - taken one handed with my camera phone 

The yellowy brown in the middle is the fading bruise where the blood was actually taken from..  the purple lump at the top was really sore and lasted over 2 weeks - although perhaps not apparent in the pic the whole bruising was nearly 6 inches in length. 
The next time I went my veins refused to give any more blood after the 1st vial and despite them trying several places and calling in someone else..  it just wouldnt happen, so they sent me away and I had to go to my GPs to get them to try a few days later.

They put a cannula in on Monday, but then they couldnt get the bleeding to stop after they took it out... so I ended up going home with a bandage over the bandaid.   I dont normally have problems honest :lol:
-----

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2012, 02:24:25 PM »

Oh dear Kitz that looks sore  :'(

She looked at both my arms this morning and after saying she couldn't find a vein  :o..took blood from the back of my hand.I'm not too bad as regards bruising,its pulling the plaster off afterwards that hurts  :ouch:

When they removed the sticky things that the ECG leads connect to.. :ouch: :ouch:...I now have very little 'chest rug' left  :lol:
Pages: 1 [2]