Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Energy Bills to Fall  (Read 11432 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Energy Bills to Fall
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 08:17:57 AM »

EDF Energy to cut gas price by 5%

:dance:

But it should be more....

Ofgem's quote

“Wholesale gas prices are down to 53p / therm for winter gas, 25p or 32% down on what they were in early September. The wholesale price makes up 47% of the cost of supplying gas to a home, according to OFGEM - meaning that a 32% wholesale price drop would cut the costs of supply of gas to a home by around 15%.

EDF's quote

The company said that the wholesale price of gas had fallen 9.2% since it announced it was putting up bills on 10 November last year.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 08:24:30 AM by UncleUB »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 08:30:03 AM »

I was on online s@ver version 7 that ended 31 Dec 2011.

Also with the new EDF online account you can't see any old bills.  Have you still got access to your online account if you had ever signed up to one?

I do have access to my online account.I always save the bills to PDF format,and likewise all the tariff charges.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 01:04:01 PM »

So prices on average went up my 20% last year... but are now to fall by around 10%.

Oh well... better than nothing I suppose.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 03:47:39 PM »

A case of one giant leap forward and one step backward.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 03:49:54 PM »

I do have access to my online account.I always save the bills to PDF format,and likewise all the tariff charges.

Have you done it recently?

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2012, 04:01:04 PM »

Have you done it recently?

Just logged on now and can see all previous bills back to May 2011

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2012, 08:55:22 PM »

The cheek of it!  I just received a phone call from Scottish Power offering me a better tariff than my present one (according to them).  We are ex-directory and subscribe to the telephone preference service and so shouldn't be receiving any marketing calls.  "Where did you get my name and number from"? I asked.  "Oh, a list of numbers we buy", was the response.  Since we have only had the number for 4 months, it hasn't taken long for the leeches to come calling.

After some head scratching, I think I know how they got my name and number.  Today, I sent in our water meter reading online and ensured that since they ask for my telephone number (ostensibly to check if they think a mistake has been made) I made sure that I checked the box for NO marketing calls or passing of my info to other parties.  I ALWAYS check those boxes without fail.

So, tomorrow, emails to the CEO of Northumbrian Water suggesting that they may be the guilty party and to the CEO of Scottish Power.  Offence - passing on customer details in contravention of the data protection act.

Let's see what the response is.

Colin

PS - how can they offer me a better tariff if they don't know who currently I get my gas and electricity from and what tariff I am currently on.

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, 09:13:18 PM »

After some head scratching, I think I know how they got my name and number.  Today, I sent in our water meter reading online and ensured that since they ask for my telephone number (ostensibly to check if they think a mistake has been made) I made sure that I checked the box for NO marketing calls or passing of my info to other parties.  I ALWAYS check those boxes without fail.
One has to be very careful about those boxes. I have had a couple where the a check in the box is an Opt In to using your personal information. Most are Opt Out. I Always Read what it says first.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 09:09:25 AM »

I agree SS44, and I do very carefully read the small print.  It is only a few minutes past the time when utilities mortals say they start work and already I have had an apology from Northumbrian Water - apparently "their website doesn't appear to be working correctly and may have sold my details on".  Their words, not mine - "sold my details on" exposes the true reason for the questions, most of which I didn't answer.

Beggard belief doesn't it!

Colin
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 12:29:46 PM by camallison »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 11:41:42 AM »

British Gas just announced a 5% cut in electricity charges,starting from today

While SSE have announced a 4.5% cut in gas prices to take effect 26th March

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16526539

Funny how all these price reductions are virtually the same..... ???

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 02:02:51 PM »

Is this the screen you use:
https://myaccount.edfenergy.com/myaccount/authentication/j_security_check

Or do you have the a new 12 digit account number?

If using older version make sure you achive everything as on the new system everything will be gone.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 02:05:28 PM by BritBrat »

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2012, 02:12:55 PM »

I think I have mentioned this before, I have an 084 phone number and I use that for most online forms and I also use the part before the @ sign of my E_Mail adrees to indicate who I gave it to.

Example: EDF@kitz.co.uk

The 084  number used to be free when I first had it  but now it costs 5p a month (well worth it I think) as you have to have some useage each month to keep it active.

But the  main reason I first got it was if a caller witholds number and you dont pick up the call, they E-Mail you to tell you you had a missed call AND THE NUMBER THAT CALLED.

http://www.switchboardfree.co.uk
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 02:17:17 PM by BritBrat »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2012, 02:18:23 PM »

Is this the screen you use:
https://myaccount.edfenergy.com/myaccount/authentication/j_security_check

Or do you have the a new 12 digit account number?

Yes I use the new one.

They brought a new system out months ago and most users should have been moved onto by now

If using older version make sure you achive everything as on the new system everything will be gone.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything