Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DSLstats / rPi webserver woes  (Read 3615 times)

RTouris

DSLstats / rPi webserver woes
« on: August 09, 2022, 08:30:08 PM »

Hi all,

so a few days ago all of a sudden my rPi4 installation of DSLstats 6.5.9 running a webserver stopped responding to both local and remote web requests, despite properly responding to ping requests. There’s other services running on the Pi with no issues for a very long time now (SMB, AFP, syncthing, nut among others). When this happened again a couple of times a few years back I’d restart the app, reboot the pi or update it and it’d happily start showing all the relevant pages once again. This time it didn’t behave in such a way. In contrast it still refuses to serve the content. I tried switching to a different port to no avail. It was at that stage that I noticed that one specific device in my LAN is still able to get all the content no matter what, all the rest just time out. A specific desktop manages so every single time with no apparent second thoughts, whereas about 4 mobile devices both android and iOS, other mac and PC desktops and a couple of tablets all time-out after some struggling. How do i go about trouble shooting, I’m at a complete loss…

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: DSLstats / rPi webserver woes
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 08:38:28 PM »

As there has been no change to the DSLstats code, I will suspect the R-Pi OS. What type of disk is it using?
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

RTouris

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 09:05:32 PM »

The system runs off an SSD for a couple pf years now with no issues...using this method: https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=196778

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 10:14:40 PM »

That's good to know.  :)

When was the disk drive (software) checked? I'm wondering if it might be advantageous to execute an "fsck -p" command on each disk partition.

RTouris

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 10:29:53 PM »

All mounted filesystems are clean and healthy...I suppose that wouldn't explain why just one desktop in the LAN is being able to parse the webserver pages though. Weird thing is that even the rPi itself cannot download the files onto itself running Chromium. This must be a low-level network linux thing which I'm completely unaware of..netstat -ltn shows the localhost at 0.0.0.0:port as open and serving, however no data is going through.  ???
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 11:14:34 PM by RTouris »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 11:32:31 PM »

Hmm . . . puzzling.  :-\

It is, clearly, an OS problem but I cannot think what would give rise to the symptoms you have reported.

anything