Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 60

Author Topic: I have G.INP on ECI  (Read 229066 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • AAISP CF
Re: I have G.INP on ECI
« Reply #480 on: April 29, 2016, 02:13:00 PM »

well yeah, when your testing involves not telling the customers they been tested and no way for them to report "directly" to the technical test team then yeah you wont have reported issues :D

Instead when they ring the isp they will be told by the rep who also doesnt know they on a trial to clear the cache etc. :)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #481 on: April 29, 2016, 03:21:14 PM »

More removals today.

It does indeed look like they are now removing across all lines.  It all seems a bit messy and I'm seeing some lines which didn't have Interleaving & FEC prior to g.inp now ending up being interleaved and reduced line rate.

Im trying to get more info to find out whats going on, but Ive nothing to tell as yet.

Just happened to mine this morning.

I wasn't even aware I had been put on G.INP but today I noticed my latency had shot up and wondered what was going on.  So looked back at my logs and noticed I had been on G.INP since 22nd March (resynced between 4-5am) and it was switched back off this morning, with my line now interleaved for the first time ever since getting VDSL with Zen.

I have never once had any stability issues (DLM has never even kicked in once until G.INP, I was starting to think Zen didn't even use DLM) and used to get 100Mbit on Digital Region with no interleaving before having to reduce to 80Mbit when moving over to BT, when they closed down. 

I'm still synced at full speed with 9.8dB SNR down, 15.4dB SNR up, so pretty peed to have interleaving applied suddenly.
Max:   Upstream rate = 31250 Kbps, Downstream rate = 97840 Kbps
Bearer:   0, Upstream rate = 20000 Kbps, Downstream rate = 79994 Kbps

I haven't noticed any performance problems during the time G.INP was enabled, if anything my speed seems to have been a bit more stable the last week or so.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 03:32:43 PM by Alex Atkin UK »
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #482 on: April 30, 2016, 01:50:17 AM »

so much mis information in this thread. bt says it will be rolled out for everyone else next week, bt says this, bt says that.

G.INP rollout on ECI cabinets has been cancelled again. since at least 19th April. not looking like ECI DSLAMs will ever get G.INP

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/04/bt-briefly-start-stop-g-inp-roll-eci-fibre-broadband-cabinets.html
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 01:52:28 AM by j0hn »
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

skyeci

• Kitizen
« Reply #483 on: April 30, 2016, 06:38:33 AM »

Another 3 lines disabled overnight by the looks of it.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • AAISP CF
« Reply #484 on: April 30, 2016, 08:12:46 AM »

so much mis information in this thread. bt says it will be rolled out for everyone else next week, bt says this, bt says that.

G.INP rollout on ECI cabinets has been cancelled again. since at least 19th April. not looking like ECI DSLAMs will ever get G.INP

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/04/bt-briefly-start-stop-g-inp-roll-eci-fibre-broadband-cabinets.html

noone has said everyone will get it next week.

There is 2 sets of users.

1 - some who never got it at all (my line is in this group).  My info was for this set of users
2 - some who got g.inp but have now been disabled.  which is the group the ispreview article refers to.

However any decisions openreach make are subject to change so the information that was gained say 3-4 weeks ago may no longer be valid.

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #485 on: April 30, 2016, 09:12:45 AM »

There was an Openreach briefing "NGA014/16 Performance of Retransmission on the ECI platform" dated 26 April 2016.
https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefings/super-fastfibreaccessbriefings/super-fastfibreaccessbriefingsarticles/nga01416.do

No details available to ordinary end users like me.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #486 on: April 30, 2016, 09:18:41 AM »

No wouldn't we just like to get hold of that NGA01416.pdf file
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 1147/105  ;D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #487 on: April 30, 2016, 10:06:40 AM »

Please don't let facts get in the way of a good troll attempt.   ;)

so much mis information in this thread.

This thread is mostly end users reporting application of G.INP on their line and reporting stats so the results could be put into a spreadsheet to show losses and gains.  A separate announcement about this was made here on the 18th of March

bt says it will be rolled out for everyone else next week, bt says this, bt says that.

There's only been a total of 2 "BT says"

1) April 19th When I notified suspension of G.INP roll out and the removal of G.INP from lines which may be affected. This information came from a very reputable source.
2) April 28th when Chrys said the non activated group should get G.INP in a few weeks.  He identified the info to me and it seems genuine.

Please keep up!  Practically everything said in that report originated from this site.

It would have been nice if where Mark said "was followed this month by rumours that Openreach had now partly suspended the G.INP ECI roll-out to problematic lines and removed the upgrade from those lines identified as likely to suffer from problems" was actually acknowledged as relating to information on this site dated 9th April from a reputable source.
Basically all that Mark had done was get it confirmed from his own source, the info he got is practically the same, just worded slightly differently and 10 days later.

Its only within the past few days that they have started a second and much larger batch of removals.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #488 on: April 30, 2016, 10:12:25 AM »

@ejs - me neither. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #489 on: April 30, 2016, 02:30:46 PM »

-----

Dave2150

• Reg Member
« Reply #490 on: April 30, 2016, 02:46:31 PM »

I'm assuming the fact that openworld's boost engineers failing to obtain sync at the CPE with their own test equipment, if the line is on an ECI cabinet with G.INP enabled, also contributed to this G.INP removal decision.

My engineer had no idea why he could not obtain sync, I suggested it was because of the ECI G.INP issue, he had no idea, but was confused when my HG612 could sync up with no problems quickly.

I'm currently away from home, but hope to god that my line keeps G.INP, it's a fantastic addition to my line, enabling a few Mbit higher sync and the complete elimination of ES's on the downstream.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #491 on: April 30, 2016, 02:57:31 PM »

My engineer had no idea why he could not obtain sync,

Dont know to be honest, it could be the PPP issue as the reason why they are rolling back, but I wouldnt have thought they needed PPP.
The original reason why there was the delay rolling out to the ECI cabs from last year is that supposedly the problem was with the engineer equipment.

hope to god that my line keeps G.INP
From the info received today, its unlikely unless you have multicast services.
-----

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #492 on: April 30, 2016, 05:43:55 PM »

I wonder if j0hn would care to introduce her/himself to us and if an employee (in any shape or form) of a BT Group plc company, quote her/his EIN?  :-\
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #493 on: April 30, 2016, 06:42:18 PM »

G.INP was removed from my ECI line just after 12pm.

That's despite having BT IPTV, I thought these lines were being spared the cull.

Stats recorded 30 Apr 2016 18:27:44

DSLAM/MSAN type:           IFTN:0xb204 / v0xb204
Modem/router firmware:     AnnexA version - A2pv6F039o1.d26a
DSL mode:                  VDSL2 Profile 17a
Uptime:                     6 hours 16 min 11 sec
Resyncs:                   5 (since 27 Apr 2016 16:17:40)

Downstream   Upstream
Line attenuation (dB):     31.2      0.0
Signal attenuation (dB):   Not available on VDSL2      
Connection speed (kbps):   21538      1578
SNR margin (dB):           6.0      6.1
Power (dBm):               11.9      6.9
Interleave depth:          913      1
INP:                       8.00      0
G.INP:                     Not enabled      Not enabled
Vectoring status:          5 (VECT_UNCONFIGURED)      

RSCorr/RS (%):             0.0461      0.0050
RSUnCorr/RS (%):           0.0003      0.0000
ES/hour:                   1.08      0.65

:( :(
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 06:44:56 PM by npr »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #494 on: April 30, 2016, 07:34:48 PM »

G.INP was removed from my ECI line just after 12pm.

That's despite having BT IPTV, I thought these lines were being spared the cull.

Clearly the policy has been changed as a result of further observations. It is beginning to appear that a total roll-back is in operation . . . which may not be a bad thing in the long term, for it will give a completely "level service" (for ECI equipped circuits) upon which the adjusted G.Inp implementation can then be built.

[Edited to change "log" to "long".]
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 10:16:01 PM by burakkucat »
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 60

anything