Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 60

Author Topic: I have G.INP on ECI  (Read 229069 times)

ejs

• Kitizen
Re: I have G.INP on ECI
« Reply #270 on: March 25, 2016, 04:44:01 PM »

I found a white paper written by Ikanos about G.INP, I don't think anything can be obtained from the Ikanos website itself without a login any more, but I found a copy here.

It explains a bit about the development of G.INP, there were two different retransmission schemes, with the retransmission queues at different protocol layers within the modem. G.INP unified both standards, so that the equipment at one end can work with different equipment at the other end, even though exactly where they implement the retransmission may be different, the modem at one end doesn't even know at which layer the other end has implemented the retransmission. I think that's the reason the DTU payload contains an integer number of PTM fragments, and the DTU has to consist of an even number of RS codewords.

forceware

« Reply #271 on: March 25, 2016, 05:55:32 PM »

If you capped the line for stability it may be worth uncapping it as G.INP should decrease errors on the downstream.

Also do you have any stats from before G.INP to compare; attainables etc.

Yes I have thought of doing this but my line is mainly used for online gaming and I see that my delay is set to 0. I don't want dlm to change me to a delayed error correction. Maybe I'm not understanding how this works. I'm far more conserned as to where some of my upload has gone as I did have much to start with

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • AAISP CF
« Reply #272 on: March 25, 2016, 06:29:17 PM »

If I get g.inp'd I dont mind testing on my lantiq fritzbox to see if it syncs higher than my broadcom based 8800nl.

To me it wouldnt be unsurprising lantiq chipsets peform better as usually with advanced dsl features chipset matching is beneficial.

skyeci

• Kitizen
« Reply #273 on: March 25, 2016, 06:32:08 PM »

If I get g.inp'd I dont mind testing on my lantiq fritzbox to see if it syncs higher than my broadcom based 8800nl.

To me it wouldnt be unsurprising lantiq chipsets peform better as usually with advanced dsl features chipset matching is beneficial.

My 8800nl synced me down twice. Since dlm reset I am now on an open eci modem so waiting to see if the figures go up this time round...

forceware

« Reply #274 on: March 25, 2016, 06:39:41 PM »

I have a locked eci modem I got off eBay a year ago but I don't know if it's had the update, I've not plugged it in since owning it. I would buy lantiq modem if I could find one I could cap my line with

stevebrass

• Reg Member
« Reply #275 on: March 25, 2016, 06:55:11 PM »

I have a locked eci modem I got off eBay a year ago but I don't know if it's had the update, I've not plugged it in since owning it. I would buy lantiq modem if I could find one I could cap my line with

I bought a locked ECI Type 1B modem last year as well.
I was G.INP'd today - running a unlocked HG612.
I have tried the ECI and it works BUT my download speed goes down from 18M to about 15M
Latency is much the same.
Netgear Orbi; BT FTTP with Smart Hub 2

forceware

« Reply #276 on: March 25, 2016, 07:28:11 PM »

Steve what is your upload? Uncapped my download would be 17-18mb and I'm 1.6km from the cabinet.

stevebrass

• Reg Member
« Reply #277 on: March 25, 2016, 07:38:38 PM »

Steve what is your upload? Uncapped my download would be 17-18mb and I'm 1.6km from the cabinet.
Upload is 1.2M

Netgear Orbi; BT FTTP with Smart Hub 2

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #278 on: March 26, 2016, 08:41:19 AM »

Just had a re-sync about 7:30 this morning and G.INP is now enabled downstream only on my connection, sync has jumped to 70890kbps from about 65000kbps with snrm around 6.5db both up and down. Stats are under broadstair on MDWS.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

underzone

• Reg Member
« Reply #279 on: March 26, 2016, 10:41:17 AM »

Which modem/router are you using please broadstairs?

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #280 on: March 26, 2016, 10:44:52 AM »

Which modem/router are you using please broadstairs?

ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A using f/w version 11. I am on an ECI cab as well.

Stuart

underzone

• Reg Member
« Reply #281 on: March 26, 2016, 10:57:47 AM »

Ok thanks for the info. How do you get that to work with MDWS then? I thought only BCM chipset could be used?

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #282 on: March 26, 2016, 11:01:50 AM »

Ok thanks for the info. How do you get that to work with MDWS then? I thought only BCM chipset could be used?

Running DSLStats which supports this and the 8324 version, which then uploads to MDWS.

Stuart

underzone

• Reg Member
« Reply #283 on: March 26, 2016, 11:15:46 AM »

OK, my bad. Those both have BCM chipsets.   :-X

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #284 on: March 27, 2016, 11:45:52 AM »

Yesterday evening I was looking at my stats and a lot of the time there were huge numbers of FEC errors for some hours - the unusual thing was that these were on the upstream where I dont have G.INP active. This is unusual for my line as I have never seen these kinds of numbers upstream. I know FECs are not that important but I do think it very unusual to suddenly see this just after G.INP was activated. My actual sync upstream did not change and has always been close to 20000kbps although the snrm did drop from what it was before.

Stuart
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 60