Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Peak time throughput issues Plusnet's or a BTWholesale fault  (Read 72237 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Re: Peak time throughput issues Plusnet's or a BTWholesale fault
« Reply #225 on: April 10, 2015, 01:15:42 AM »

he is someone who says he is a plusnet customer and owns an isp (hence apparently having access to openreach confidential information), he is able to do repeated speedtests even tho he says he is out of the country, his username is andyh.

Andyh has never claimed to own an ISP, quite the opposite actually.

Try and keep the bitchiness factual.

I am afraid he has, but I am not going to bother looking for the posts now, I am keeping a rest from the issue and plusnet's site.

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #226 on: April 10, 2015, 01:18:57 PM »

Nope closest he went to that was http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135389.msg1213448.html#msg1213448

Not everyone who does business with BTW / OR is an ISP. In fact the vast majority of Wholesale's transactions aren't.

He doesn't 'claim' to be outside the UK - as a general rule he is. He has never claimed to own an ISP and, indeed, doesn't.

I would imagine a good reason why Andyh has access to the information he does and can discuss issues more freely with Plusnet staff is that he avoids approaching with belligerence. Something I know I could learn from.

This is, in any event, supposed to be a discussion on Plusnet, not a poster on a forum. We could all happily fill this thread for pages and pages and the result - you guys have just done exactly one of the things you complain about Andy doing, clouding the issues with irrelevance.

Repeating because it's awesome:

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #227 on: April 10, 2015, 01:21:33 PM »

Some refreshing honesty from Plusnet:

Hi all

Okay things haven’t gone quite as planned this week.  The upgrade work on Tuesday on PTN-BNG01 went ahead. However the number of customers that are connecting to that gateway isn’t increasing at the rate that it should be meaning there was  a lot of spare bandwidth on that device Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

We added an extra endpoint yesterday on another device which also had spare bandwidth last night but that should be fully in balance tonight. The IPSC (20CN) bandwidth that we added on Tuesday had to be disabled yesterday as it wasn’t working.

To summarise the balancing on the network isn’t perfect, but we’re working to improve it. As a result there’s spare bandwidth available on some endpoints where it couldn’t be used and some end points that are maxing out their bandwidth. Last night wasn’t as busy compared to Monday and Tuesday but we still saw high demand from people downloading iOS 8.3/OS X 10.10.3 and people watching the FA Cup on BT Sport.

As soon as we have further updates we'll let you guys know.

Matthew Wheeler
Plusnet Customer Relations Team
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #228 on: April 10, 2015, 02:21:55 PM »

Wow, well done PN.

There you have it, I guess :)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #229 on: April 10, 2015, 02:29:46 PM »

honesty is the best policy, even tho they have come out with that info, it will do them good.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #230 on: April 10, 2015, 04:02:19 PM »

I hope you are not including all in that :(

For a start its not just on here and its not just members of this forum where this is happening.  Theres plenty on PN forums and TBB who also have an issue so Im not quite sure why you brought it up on here.  afaik theres nothing been said on here that hasnt been said on other forums.

He may not be belligerent to Plusnet but its the attitude to _their_ customers that is winding their customers up.  I've kept out of it.. and its not limited to a couple of people here..  there are plenty more elsewhere   

I hope you don't lump me in that belligerent category either, because I'm pretty placid and easy going..  until someone raises my heckles and then you will see a different side.       

Generally speaking the people who visit here are a good crowd, that's not to say that there isn't the odd falling out or disagreement but on the whole the attitude on here is a lot friendlier than you will see elsewhere. In the whole history and 10yrs I think there's only ever been 2 bans ever placed.  Dont think it means Im soft either because the regs will tell you I do pull people up and there's certain things that I wont tolerate.

So.... someone made a comment that they'd had a warning elsewhere.. and it kicked around for a bit between a couple of people.   I didn't notice this thread until late at night, most of the regs here know why Im never around in the evenings and why I cant keep up with things as much as usual. I admit it was later than usual when I got home, but that was only because I stopped off to get some food shopping on the way home because I'd not eaten all day and had nothing in the house.   Srsly there's people who have a go about me on other forums but I don't go round chasing them.. even though I know one of them is making absurd CT comments and the reason why they are doing it..  I've got far better things to worry about.

Im not even sure why BS has been dragged into this because he is one of the most helpful people you will come across and I've seen the snide comments.  If he (or any of us) have made a mistake or something needs correcting then Im sure you will find he is most amenable if approached in the right way. :)

I'm also quite sure Andy doesn't need a bulldog. If Andy has an issue with a person of this forum over an incident that has happened on another forum then I suggest that they take it up amongst themselves.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #231 on: April 10, 2015, 04:04:15 PM »

Some refreshing honesty from Plusnet:

Good stuff...  and thats the kind of feedback we need.   I haven't checked out the forums there, so I'll go catch up later :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #232 on: April 10, 2015, 06:10:48 PM »

Nice fancy words used to supposedly describe me?

I am always polite to people I do business with when contacting them formally, and on public forums I will also be polite, I only get angry when I am been given the runaround, but even with the case on the forums, I have generally stayed polite to plusnet staff and most users, the only user I have had debates with is the one guy who was telling people their issues are irrelevant if they can still browse web pages and that tbb was not a reliable way of confirming the issue, I took issue with how much effort he put into sidetracking the thread, for reasons we will never know.

As has been pointed out, generally the information related to trials and rollouts is classified, in addition business's that do business with BT wholesale that are not DSL related do not get access to the type of information he has been posting, this is why he has been by me put into question.

Andy would have done best to just stay out of that thread instead of trying to derail it.

Also for the benefit of others here, I never got a further reply of the moderator when I asked where I broke the rules.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 06:13:10 PM by Chrysalis »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #233 on: April 10, 2015, 10:25:29 PM »

I think for the sake of peace, (and taking the easy option when Im so tired)  Im best locking this thread.   
Feel free to start another about the speeds etc if you like.
-----
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

anything