Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: TP Link 200Mb homeplugs the cause of REIN ADSL dropouts, instability and packet  (Read 1824 times)

Croddlebopper

• Just arrived

I posted this as a reply to an existing thread but thought I'd raise a new topic as it may help someone.

We've been having occasional line drops and terrible packet loss at random times although being worse in the evening. I had tried several modems including an Asus N55u which although has great functionality is very tempremental / fussy on ADSL line quality.

We had a BT engineer visit and he performed a thorough test of our installation and found nothing and then reported the dreaded REIN as the culprit without actually identifying any particular  device.  :no:

I was very dubious as I thought it was a copout - but I had to conduct my own tests by trial and error.

To cut a long story short, my problem was down to the TP Link home plugs on the mains network.

After removing all the sockets my troubles have disappeared!  8)

Now have to install ethernet but at least our broadband is steady now.

I would be very interested to hear if anyone else has this issue.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk

Hi Croddlebopper and welcome :)

Thanks for taking the time to report your findings.
I have heard of people before having problems with home plugs, so it is always something worth bearing in mind.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything