Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: my Internet connection-questions caused by my curiosity  (Read 2172 times)

konrado5

• Reg Member
my Internet connection-questions caused by my curiosity
« on: October 31, 2013, 04:40:13 PM »

According to suggestions of administrators I created this thread to ask my questions. However I don't understand why do moderators complain I write on 5-years old threads if I write something related to informations that I've found there. I don't complain about my Internet connection. I am curious about details of ADSL technology and my phone line.

I've already informed that on synchronization process router checks everyt one. However I suspect overall SNR  is depended not only on SNR on particular tones but also on bit loading. As I get new synchronization I have SNR margin for upload about 4.6 dB but after 20 minutes I have about 6.8 dB. Before I get 6.8 dB I see about 80 bitswaps. Once I had SNR margin for upload either 102.3 dB or 0 dB. After 30 minutes I became reconnected. What is cause of unstable upload only on start of new synchronization?
EDIT: At new synchronization 1209 kbps my SNR margin is only 6.7 dB despire higher power output, lower synchronization rate and the same used tones. Is amount of bit loaded on any tone impacts on SNR margin?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: my Internet connection-questions caused by my curiosity
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 10:37:07 PM »

Konrado Please listen, this is a help forum to try help other people.

Its not a university.  If you want to learn then get a book or something.  Im not here to spoon feed.

The last thing I need when I come in late is to see another of your questions and admin matters to sort.
No-one answered your last question because this is just plain ridiculous.

I suspect overall SNR  is depended not only on SNR on particular tones but also on bit loading.

If youd read the links youve repeatedly been given in the past you'd release that it does NOT happen like that. :(
I dont have the time or patience to explain why.  Because Id only be wasting my time.
I'll give you a clue though.   Bitloading depends on SNR in each tone.

No one likes answering your questions because you fire back without reading properly and it gets repetitive going over the same old things.

There are some tiny things that cant be explained.  adsl is like that - it works over a medium that was never designed to take the technology. Every single line is different and they all have little quirks that cant be explained and we have to accept them as normal.

By changing a few words it doesnt change what you are asking and keep spouting of stats with minute differences that are considered normal is just damn annoying.

You are not only annoying me but several other members of our community who also find your questions repetitive.  Your last ban has only just expired.  This is a FINAL warning if there is any more stupid or repetitive questions then the ban will become permanent. 

I dont mind you joining in the discussion but when you bring something up that repeats what youve already asked about something that is inconsequential then its time to call it a day.    I think b*cat already said in one of his previous posts,  just enjoy the connection that you have, its actually quite good compared to most. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 11:51:35 PM »

Perhaps this thread should be locked, Kitz? :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 12:54:50 AM »

PS Konrado

You may find it interesting to look at some testing that b*cat is doing.
This is on a simulated line length of just 1.5m - in other words b*cats routers are right next to the DSLAM.
You can see from the graphs that Bald Eagle output from the results just how different the conditions were for the 3 set of results.

Also note how even the SNR on such a very short connection still shows as not being entirely smooth.
..  and how there are minute attenuation differences between the 3 in the D3 band.

That 'line' is about as good as you are ever going to get, so you can perhaps understand why in reality and longer lines going over telephone wires,  then some variation is normal.

Warning - do NOT mess that thread up with questions about your line though.
I do not want it being taken off topic & distracting from b*cats testing.

Im pointing the thread out to you only because I thought you might find it interesting.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything