Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: DSL Stats Logging & Graphing Scripts for Netgears & Zoom X7N  (Read 108072 times)

snadge

• Kitizen

like I say its just over-riding the set axis to match that so it can fit your data into it
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

The graphs work fine but I never used to get this error. BE, any suggestions?

It's not really an error, more of a warning.
I can't turn those messages off though.

It usually means that one or more of the graphs have no data.
That quite often happens when Interleaving is turned on/off. From that point onward some of the graphs may or may not be relevant, so no data will be present.

Could that fit with the issue/warning messages you are seeing?

A lack of data is usually a GOOD sign?  ;D

snadge

• Kitizen

@ BE - isnt it just adjusting the axis too fit the data he has? i notice it on mine sometimes..yet the graphs are fine (as are his)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

I would have to see example montages & possibly log files to be 100% certain, but I do think they are messages that can basically be ignored.

snadge

• Kitizen

UPDATED:

CHANGELOG - ROUTER STATS LOGGIN & GRAPHING SCRIPTS v 1.3

changes to ADSLGRAPH.bat:
1. To multiplot Upstream Bit-loading in Green & Downstream Bit-loading in Red.
2. ADSL2+ Bit-loading and SNR is now plotted with "absolute" sized filled boxes as the original graphs were plotted with boxes touching each other, even when there should be a gap (no bits loaded at the given tone).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 10:20:53 PM by snadge »

c6em

• Reg Member

Merely speculating here- as I don't have a netgear etc.

I wonder if you could use/adapt this tool so that rather than plot the overall SNR margin you could instead plot the SNR margin of one particular tone.
Say your SNR is being affected by RFI (REIN) from somewhere.  Although this will affect the overall SNR to varying degrees it may be that the main culprits are just a small number of tones being quite severely cut back.
One could find these by looking once at the spectrum plot when the RFI was 'on' and 'off' to identify the tones.  Then you could long term plot the SNRmargin or SNR of just one of the affected tone and would hence see very dramatically exactly when the interference was on and off on a daily basis.

Oh, and then the hard work would start with be the small matter of finding it -which is probably much harder!

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project

Yes, that could be do-able.  :)

(Mrs Eagle will not be too pleased if you distract Baldy_Bird away from the provision of her new utility room and the refurbishment of her kitchen -- which was supposed to be be finished by last Christmas!  :-X  )
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

(Mrs Eagle will not be too pleased if you distract Baldy_Bird away from the provision of her new utility room and the refurbishment of her kitchen -- which was supposed to be be finished by last Christmas!  :-X  )

Yes, I'm having to watch my Ps & Qs at the moment, especially as the engineer turning up unexpectedly, the day after the visit had been booked assisted me to "forget" our wedding anniversary.

She might start talking to me again in another month or so.  :-X

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen

Hi, did you remove a line of code that prevents an image being made of the error seconds, etc in "Current Stats"? It was useful for me!

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

Error seconds data is in the current stats Plink.log & ongoing stats modem_stats.log.

Error seconds graphs have only ever been in the ongoing stats plots though.
(Unless you mean the image of the text data).

Which do you mean and/or could you post an example of when it was there & now that it isn't?

« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 08:17:28 PM by Bald_Eagle1 »

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen

(Unless you mean the image of the text data).

The image of the text data is what I mean.

By the way, I have just adapted the scripts for routers with different layouts in the telnet data (e.g. the sync speeds are in different places) for routers like the NETGEAR DGND3700 and the Zoom X7N. Most routers using the newer generation Broadcom chipsets like the 6328, 6358 and 6368.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

Can you attach an example of what you are now getting and/or email a Plink log to me so I can test things at my end?

By the way, I have just adapted the scripts for routers with different layouts in the telnet data (e.g. the sync speeds are in different places) for routers like the NETGEAR DGND3700 and the Zoom X7N. Most routers using the newer generation Broadcom chipsets like the 6328, 6358 and 6368.

Does one new script work for all those?

Another guy has also been editing the scripts to suit a Zoom X7N here:-

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,105398.msg899071.html#msg899071

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen

Forget that, the graphing scripts stopped working :( . A quick question, where is the DSL sync info obtained from the Huawei HG612 found in the "getstats" file? I can see "DSLCfg". Where is that?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 08:56:41 PM by arobertson545 »

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen

Can you attach an example of what you are now getting and/or email a Plink log to me so I can test things at my end?

Another guy has also been editing the scripts to suit a Zoom X7N here:-

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,105398.msg899071.html#msg899071

Saw your post there, I am "Gigabit" on the Plusnet forum (ex-Plusnet member) - Hello :). I messaged him and he said they were your work and not his so he isn't releasing them just yet. I am really sorry to ask again, but would you mind sending them to me?

Thank you so much for everything.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

Saw your post there, I am "Gigabit" on the Plusnet forum (ex-Plusnet member) - Hello :). I messaged him and he said they were your work and not his so he isn't releasing them just yet. I am really sorry to ask again, but would you mind sending them to me?

Haha.

I saw a post from Gigabit & wondered if it was you  :lol:

GrahamC is fully "thrashing" the Ongoing Stats script for a few hours & then he'll email his amended scripts to me with details of what he has changed etc.
I ain't got them yet.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5