Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Huawei HG612 Modem - Stats & Graphs for Windows Users  (Read 32289 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Huawei HG612 Modem - Stats & Graphs for Windows Users
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 03:25:53 PM »

I read more excellent "stuff".  :thumbs:

[ot]
Now that you have publicly released the revised and simplified graphing scripts, etc. for 'doze, does it mean that Mrs Eagle will finally be getting her promised new kitchen and utility room?  ;D
[/ot]
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 04:27:08 PM »

Haha,

It's either that or we will have to sell the house as it is to pay for the Divorce lawyers  :no:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 04:37:39 PM »

I'm afraid I had got used to the little helpful box that pops up in the other forum when inserting links & had forgotten how to do it manually.

Use of the button may be of help when it comes to using and remembering the codes for links. That particular button will automatically insert the url tags. 
Theres a few more that can be found up above the emoticons on the page when making a post.

Hope this helps :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Darren

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 05:20:50 PM »

My simplified setup routine seems to have gone down well Paul. I've not seen anyone complaining about setup times of late.  :clap:

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 05:48:10 PM »

It has indeed Darren.

Remember the guy back then (who will remain nameless) who said it took him 18 hours to get the first public release working?  :lol: :lol:

I know I was a little reluctant at first, but I'm really glad you kept on at me & did all the hard work (not forgetting all the testing of Task Scheduler scripts on XP etc.) to push me into making the right decision  :)

sjpt

• Just arrived
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 10:22:10 PM »

Interactive graphing alternative using Bald_Eagle's logfile

I have been using Bald-Eagle's very helpful statistics gathering for the HG612 for some time.

However, I did find the associated graphing rather laborious. I have put together an interactive graphing package that works off the same modem_stats.log file he generates. It operates from a modern web browser: Chrome, Opera, Firefox and IE 10 tested (IE slow to load the data). The fast Dygraphs package does the real work ( http://dygraphs.com/index.html )

You can try it by visiting http://programbits.co.uk/modemGraph/plotstats.html and pointing it at your log file. Internet security rules mean it is a few (very easy) steps to load the data initially; but you can then easily zoom in and out, change details plotted, etc.

For now, if you have any comments/issues etc please post them on http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/technical/f/4185132-interactive-graphing-for-hg612-statistics.html#Post4185132 . I may arrange it in a more 'normal' repository at some point.

It currently consists of two files. plotstats.html contains the HTML and javascript source, and dygraph-combined.js the underlying graphing package.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 08:08:02 AM »

does the modem have snmp so can collect stats remotely?

I have a cacti server for this sort of thing much better suited than a local windows box.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 05:03:32 PM »

does the modem have snmp so can collect stats remotely?

I have a cacti server for this sort of thing much better suited than a local windows box.

Not sure what you mean about the modem having snmp.

I occasionally remotely monitor connections via LogMeIn (Windows 7 at my end & XP, Vista or Windows 7 at the other end).

If you can access an email server, a program named Blat (as just one example) can be used to email logs from the remote location & this can be automatically scheduled via Windows Task Scheduler & a simple batch file.

e.g. I have the remote connection's 24/7 Ongoing_Stats.log emailed to me at midnight every night & the snapshot Plink logs at 02:00 & 14:00 every day.

If I ever want/need additional logs etc. I can always login via LogMeIn, although once everything is all set up that isn't really necessary.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2012, 01:45:01 PM »

snmp is a daemon used on various devices wether they linux servers or network routers to collect stats.

The vast majority of commercial routers on the market (even consumer ones) will have this feature.

Its simple, light and allows stats to be collected remotely to be graphed.

Looking at google for the modem it suggests it does have snmp but its unclear if its configurable to work for remote access.

However thinking about it I realise now my question is stupid, since the modem itself wont have a WAN ip as its just bridging the connection to a router.  So the router would have to forward a port to the modem snmp lan interface and then I think it could possibly work.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2012, 03:02:17 PM »

got this working now thanks.

Yesterday I had a 110meg attainable sync, today it dropped to 90 and I have had a burst of crc errors (probably when it changed), now the crc errors are very low again so its not an ongoing issue although I hope it wont make DLM throttle my line tommorow.

I made a graph plot on the bit signal and the left side of the graph looks damaged I will post it here.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2012, 10:05:50 PM »

It looks o.k. from where I am sitting. Are you concerned about the 'valley' at about tone 250? If so, don't be. There is a complex output power 'mask' applied to minimise cross-talk, not only with other VDSL2 services in the same cable bundle but also the far weaker ADSL2(+) services that will also be present.

[ot]
I wonder if Mrs Eagle will have a fully restored renovated and refurbished house this Christmas? Or will Baldy Bird be spending his Christmas in the dog house again, just like last year?  ::)
[/ot]

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2012, 10:11:18 PM »

[ot]
I wonder if Mrs Eagle will have a fully restored renovated and refurbished house this Christmas? Or will Baldy Bird be spending his Christmas in the dog house again, just like last year?  ::)
[/ot]

Woof, woof  :no:

Some of it will be partially restored. I'm still at the plastering stage & Mrs. Eagle has invited loads of guests, just to spur me on a bit.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2012, 10:39:40 PM »

Woof, woof  :no:

Meow?

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2012, 09:11:34 PM »

It looks o.k. from where I am sitting. Are you concerned about the 'valley' at about tone 250? If so, don't be. There is a complex output power 'mask' applied to minimise cross-talk, not only with other VDSL2 services in the same cable bundle but also the far weaker ADSL2(+) services that will also be present.

[ot]
[/ot]

yeha I guess it was to help adsl services.  However the situation has now changed, it seems I am the victom of some pretty severe crosstalk.

Initially I had a 110meg attainable sync and I thought I would be set for a lifetime 80meg sync with that kind of buffer, upstream also looked pretty healthy at 36mbit.  I changed to 90mbit attainable the day after I unlocked my modem and the above graph was taken on that.  This morning I had another large drop down to 73mbit attainable (which of course has now lowered my sync below 80mbit) and upstream attainable is now just 23mbit.  Ok we all know crosstalk happens on vdsl2 and also documents I have read from vdsl vendors is that crosstalk can also be very severe at around 40% of lost dsl signal which is why vectoring is been developed to combat that, my concern however is reports from other users is when a neighbour gets vdsl installed they might lose a few mbit of attainable sync each time and the 40% accumulates over dozens of installs.  For me I seem to have lost a whopping 40mbit of attainable speed in 2 weeks and for 2 installs.

Here is some new graphs now from today, notice the higher quiet line noise and the drop off on available snr on the higher tones that wasnt previously there.  Also my upstream is now operating on lower output power.  Apologies if these are too big I dont know how to shrink easily.

Now 73mbit

Before 90mbit

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 09:13:56 PM by Chrysalis »

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2012, 11:03:24 PM »

Here is some new graphs now from today, notice the higher quiet line noise and the drop off on available snr on the higher tones that wasnt previously there.  Also my upstream is now operating on lower output power.  Apologies if these are too big I dont know how to shrink easily.

I don't know what's caused the downward slide, but it seems quite severe.

Have you tried running the 24/7 Ongoing Stats harvesting/graphing?

FWIW, if you are interested, I have attached a newer version of GRAPH6.BAT that you could replace your current version with.

It produces smaller montages that can now be attached to messages in the Kitz forum & they present the data slightly differently.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

anything