Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Another Earthquake  (Read 5647 times)

CurlyWhirly

• Reg Member
Re: Another Earthquake
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 07:57:59 PM »

Wow, that does show the power of it. One has to feel for those poor people trapped by that wave.
Yes.

I have never seen a tsunami before this one and I don't think I've ever seen such a devastating natural phenomenon  :(
Mike

CurlyWhirly

• Reg Member
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2011, 08:00:07 PM »

Not too sure I would have wanted to stand there filming that, the building could so easily have been pulled down by that amount of water  :'(
I was thinking the same thing  ???

It's amazing that the building opposite was still standing at the end of the video !

What amazes me is the grace and dignity of the Japanese people, none of them complain,there is/was no looting of others property,shops and businesses would have been stripped of anything movable in the USA or Europe but there it is left where it belongs or ended up.
Yes I agree and admire the japanese for this.
Mike

AdrianH

Re: Another Earthquake (yet again)
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2011, 05:46:01 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/07/japan-earthquake-tsunami-warning

Japan hit by earthquake and tsunami warning

Alert for wave of up to two metres issued for area devastated by last month's quake

A 7.4 magnitude earthquake has struck off the north-eastern coast of Japan, triggering a tsunami alert.

The warning has been issued in the same area where thousands of lives were lost last month after a magnitude 9 quake and tsunami which damaged reactors at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant.

The Japan meteorological agency issued a warning for a wave of up to two metres in a coastal area devastated by last month's tsunami.

Officials say Thursday's quake, which happened late at night local time, hit 25 miles under water off the coast of Miyagi prefecture. People in the area were told to "evacuate immediately" to a safe place away from the shore. Announcers on Japan's public broadcaster NHK told coastal residents to go to higher ground away from the shore. A wave of up to half a metre was expected in neighbouring provinces.

As if things there were not already bad enough .........  :'(

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2011, 05:56:42 PM »

From my Japanese friend and colleague, toracat, based in Southern California, US of A, I have heard that the tsunami warning has now been withdrawn.

http://www.jma.go.jp/en/tsunami/focus_2.html

That is a relief.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything