Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Tuesday 9th Twitters  (Read 1213 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Tuesday 9th Twitters
« on: November 09, 2010, 07:59:55 AM »

Morning all,

Seems it's just brightening up here after early grey skies and rain overnight.  Here we missed the really bad weather yesterday but had plenty of rain.  Hope all the Kitizens are safe and no really bad problems with storms in their area?

Not a lot planned in this neck of the woods for moi...Mr Tesco delivering today, takes the strain out of trundling round the store, queuing at the checkout, lifting lots of things and getting them out of the car    8), just the "chore" of putting them away and I have a capable man to do that for me (it sez 'ere)  ;D

Hope everyone has a good day whatever is on the agenda and that you stay warm and don't have too many chores to do.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
Re: Tuesday 9th Twitters
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 08:30:01 AM »

Good Morning Chrissie and all who follow, a much calmer day weather wise. Still raining on and off but nowhere near what other parts have suffered.
I hope Tuftedduck is alright.

Waiting for the man to come with parts for the old boiler. He came yesterday, took the covers off, took a deep breath and started shaking his head. I replied 'carry on and replace whatever needs replacing'. He said 'it's looking a bit expensive'. I replied 'It won't cost me a penny. I'm on one of those care plans and have already paid for whatever you replace.' So he's coming back with the parts today. He wouldn't go as far as replacing the boiler though. :(

Have a nice day all.
Colin No.2
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 08:40:36 AM »

Good morning chrissie, ss44 and all who may pop in, and I hope all are well and ready for whatever life can throw at you today.  ;D

Fine here, ss44...thank you, yesterdays storms have passed by and we have a calm, bright day....but chilly.
We had a few trees down, and one of the burns flowing under the road managed to wash away it's bridge, so there is now a large hole in the road.....trundles into the bright lights are now done via the alternate route which nearly doubles the distance.

Not sure what's on the cards today..time will tell.

@ chrissie.......have fun stowing away all the goodies from Tesco.
@ ss44....hope you get the old boiler sorted out soon.

Have fun.  :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 10:21:38 AM »

Good morning everybody :)

After a very rough, cold, wet day yesterday, calm is restored here as well for the time being. A very large quantity of leaves which were on the trees a couple of days ago are now on the ground.

@TD: you do seem to have a fair bit of 'excitement' round your way. I wonder how long it will take to get the bridge rebuilt.

@ chrissie: I shouldn't leave the Tesco unpacking to the 'capable man'. If you leave it to him, you might never find the stuff again. ;D

@ SS44: good luck with the old boiler. :)

Nothing much planned today.

Enjoy your day everyone.
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 10:45:57 AM »

Good morning all  :)

Not a very nice day here at present,but nowhere near as bad as yesterday.

It all seems to be happening in your village TD,who said country life was quiet.  ;D

No much planned for me today,apart from filling in my Blue parking badge renewal form.I can't believe it has been 3 years since I renewed it,time just flies by. :o

Have a good day whatever you have planned. :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 11:26:45 AM »

'Allo 'Allo   Chrissie, Colin, TD and Eric, Unc   ....and Uncle Tom Cobley and All   ;D   ...... very blustery and very wet here     :(     we were on a yellow waning overnight (green, yellow, orange, red)   there were 9 metre waves apparently along the Landes coast, the tide was very high so there were worries all up the coast.      The leaves are definitely off the trees and vines now !! 

Chrissie, I think Eric must have met my hubby   ;D  We've had two consecutive mornings searching for his spectacles  ::)     I find them immediately   !!  he says he can't find them because he hasn't got his glasses on   :D         Hope the choccy biscuits are on top of the box  ;)

TD  ....   hope they fix the bridge soon   ...  I'd be tempted to stay put until it's done  ...   keep warm !

Colin, so the old boiler is being kept in service  ;D .....   you'll feel much better when the new parts are fitted  :lol:   

One of those days to do the things I've been putting off   .....   "bottoming" the kitchen ....  I've done a quarter and must get cracking again this afternoon.

It's thundering   !!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Enjoy the day  everyone  :)

anything