Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New Year's Day chat  (Read 7435 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
New Year's Day chat
« on: January 01, 2009, 07:38:53 AM »

As it's only the clean-living types (TD and me) who seem to be up and about while the rest of you are sleeping off your drunken orgies, I guess I'll start off the new year.

So it's Happy New Year to all of you! I hope that it's a big improvement on the last one for everyone. :flower:
  Eric

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
Re: New Year's Day chat
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 07:54:31 AM »

I'm here too with nose stuck in a hot coffee thawing off the icicles.

May I too wish every one A Happy, Contented and Prosperous New Year.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 07:59:10 AM »

Good morning  ;D

A very happy, healthy and prospeous New Year to you all.

:)

Floydoid

• Senior Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 08:15:03 AM »

Am I the only person here who doesn't celebrate new year?
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 08:37:50 AM »

Am I the only person here who doesn't celebrate new year?

No but it is difficult to avoid or ignore, especially when it seems like everyone else is having fireworks at midnight  :o

Anyway, Happy & Healthy New Year to all........
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 08:58:18 AM »

Good Morning all and a happy new year .

scottiesmum

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 10:06:15 AM »

TO YOU ALL ! 

I've not been sleeping in   :o   I've been sat on the terrace having my coffee      It's very Spring like again today ...BUT I think there might be a sting in the tail (trying to make TD feel better  >:D )

In our rural corner there were one or two fireworks at midnight, but they didn't even stir Scotty  !   

Good Health and Hopefulness to Everyone !

jazz

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 11:15:54 AM »

Happy New Year to everyone!

It has started well here with wonderful sunshine and a deep frost which is quite beautiful.  ;D

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 11:45:10 AM »

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my Kitizen friends, may it be a healthy, peaceful, happy and wonderful new year for us all.

The only reason I stayed up till 1 a.m. like every new years eve... was... sigh... cos of the fireworks which are soooo loud, I would be unable to sleep thru them  >:(  Why can't they just have pretty fireworks anymore....I wouldn't mind them then.

Have a good day everyone, and keep smiling....even if it's thru gritted teeth eh!

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

Imagine.

• Reg Member
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009, 01:10:36 PM »

Happy new year everyone. been a while since i posted here  :) nice to see some of you enjoyed the turnover really well fireworks were good parties were excellent but the temprature was subzero -2 in fact  :thumbdown:
Imagine™

scottiesmum

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2009, 02:15:51 PM »

Scotty and I have just been for a 'sniffing' walk through the vines  ...you could hear a mouse squeak  ...2 buzzards gliding over the vines, looking for the mice which  squeak no doubt   ;D  - washing dry, ironing pile getting higher .....AND  I've pruned the roses ....these are the remnants  ......

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009, 03:27:59 PM »

Part of yesterday was nice at work, traveled through a part of norfolk I've never been to before, through Cley marshes (by that "hook" bit on the norfolk coast as you look on a map). Looks great, plenty of people enjoying a walk or bird watching. Could see "ribbons" of birds flying around the marshes.

I think it's my turn to join the Kitz sick room. Caught my forearm on the latch on the bath room door. didn't think much of it at the time, just a graze. Actualy managed to remove a fair patch of skin. Now, oh-dear looks nasty. Luckily got some alcohol wipes to keep it as sterrile as possible but wow does that stuff sting  :flamer: Reminds me of that sketch where Homer Simpson teaches Bart to shave and splashes on some aftershave

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009, 03:48:54 PM »

@ Ezzer,ouch.Whatever you do don't apply new skin to the graze.  :flamer: It sure do sting. :D

http://www.newskinproducts.com/

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009, 04:01:45 PM »

No it's a patch about the area of a 50pence piece. the best thing I feel is just keep it clean and heal naturaly. Fortunately I always heal very easly from cuts and scratches. problem was it started to heal in the hairs on my arm so I've had to sort that out. And yes it's as grusome and uncomfotable as it sounds  :(

scottiesmum

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2009, 04:22:36 PM »

Ouch Ezzer   :(    it sounds extremely painful .....  I think you're right to let it heal naturally but will you cover it lightly for sleeping   ....... please !   perhaps with a dressing made for burns  .....anything that doesn't stick to it  .....  ooooo OUCH again !!!     I'm afraid I'm a complete wimp with pain .....mine or anyone else's  !!!    Keep smiling !   :)
Pages: [1] 2 3

anything