Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tuesday 16th Chat  (Read 5265 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Tuesday 16th Chat
« on: December 16, 2008, 06:44:25 AM »

Morning everyone,

Still dark outside so no idea how the weather is behaving.  Managed to do the big shop yesterday (to the supermarket twice...ugh) but very "cream crackering" for us old duffers lol, had to have a glass or three of something stronger than tea to buck us up (any excuse ha ha).

Hope you all have a good day today, I'm down for some...ssshh housework today as tomorrow at the hosp to "beg" for iron transfusions...something I have to have every so often if they are "kind" enough to allow  :o.... and as seeing the doc there can take several hours, no time for chores at home.

Enjoy your day and keep warm....

Chrissie

PS....any sign of Dave.m yet??
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Tuesday 16th Chat
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 07:05:10 AM »

,Chrissie/all.
It seems a little warmer her this morning,no frost at least.
I know the feeling Chrissie about doing 'big shops'.I think whats it all about,we have had it shoved down our throats for months now,by the time it gets to Christmas eve there is no sparkle left,2 days and its back to normal.
The French Christmas Kate describes reminds me of how it use to be here when we were kids.More about families and getting together and less about ££££££££.
Talking of shopping,I am been dragged taken for a new shirt to wear on Christmas Day( there's nothing wrong with my flares and tanktop if you ask me)  :D
Chrissie,I noticed Dave put in an appearance on Sunday so he seems ok.(Joke section)
Have a good day whatever you're doing.  :)

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 07:11:19 AM »

Morning all

Just getting to grips with Opera - no not the caterwauling type, sorry if there are any opera lovers here - having read the BBC IE7 warning.

Normally I take most of these warnings with a pinch of salt and trust to Avast and ZA, but this one seemed a little more serious.

Chrissie try the jokes section for Dave.m - sorry Dave that didn't come out right.

Aaargh no spell checker.

*wanders off to play with widgets*

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 07:21:29 AM »

TD is an Opera man Yorkie,so he could be the one to answer any of your queries.Don't have the helpline number at present  :D

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 07:32:55 AM »

Good morning,  ;D , and I hope you are bright eyed and bushy tailed this day.

Indeed, much milder now but very windy and grey..............had tremendous rain for a couple of days now and lots of roads are awash. The problem is not so much the standing water but all the mud and stones etc. being washed out of the fields ... :(

Enjoy the housework, Chrissie, and unkyUb...the thought of those flairs makes me grin. Even back when they were in fashion, I was too old to be seen in them.. :D

Yorkie, good choice... :thumbs:..........................helpline call rates to TD are quite cheap with satisfaction guaranteed ( except when TD does not know the answer  :no: )
No spell-checker in the box, but you can easily get one up and running, details here.....http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/spellcheck/

Have a good day.

scottiesmum

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 08:43:47 AM »

:o :o :o   it's chilly here here but dry,  although that little old  :sun: is in hiding   ;D     A little shopping is on the agenda today, and then I think I might curl up with a hot chocolate and a DVD   ....  we recently bought the Sopranos,  never seen the series at all, but heard so much about it and  I LOVE the Mafia   :-X  (if you know what I mean   :D)  there are 28 DVD's   :crazy: so I think we'd better get started on them   :lol:   (ooops pressed the wrong key,just ignore if you're only seeing half of this post !!! ::) )

Now Unc ...  I think this was your best look

but for the festive season this might be more suitable 

Enjoy the Opera Yorkie   ....    caterwauling   :o :o     la la la la lala  lala  la la la  ;D

Chrissie - another rotten visit to the hospital for you  .... aaaaaaaw  - do take care !

TD  hope you are drying out,in the rain sense of course    >:D

« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 08:51:39 AM by scottiesmum »

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 08:49:51 AM »

I see scottiesmum has been cut off in her prime.  :lol:

scottiesmum

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 08:52:23 AM »

:P :P  I knew YOU would catch me out   !!!   I bet it was that Opera Wand your so fond of     ;)     (duck for dinner again ! )   :lol:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 08:54:31 AM by scottiesmum »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 08:57:01 AM »

Love the pics Kate. :D Actually my flares are burgundy crushed velvet  :D.
I've been doing my John Travolta bit since the 'Elf' thingy yesterday.............That killed me,I'm even laughing posting this.  :D
Getting back to the Soprano's,I never watched it here because it was always on around midnight.It always got 5 stars in the TV ratings so it must be good.

scottiesmum

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 09:01:28 AM »

Mind you don't put your back out Unc with all that Travoltering  .....  ;D    Do you know I think I might watch Grease instead now ! ;D   ( I know it was Saturday Night Fever, but we've not got that  ??? )

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 09:07:14 AM »

TD wanders off to lie down in darkened room and try and work out out that bit of logic..................erm, is that thr right word.  ???

:lol:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2008, 09:15:01 AM »

Please give a warm welcome to the Kitz Disco Dancing team.

Eric.

TD.

and Kate.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2008, 09:21:31 AM »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

scottiesmum

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2008, 09:41:08 AM »