Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Weekend Chat  (Read 6189 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Re: Weekend Chat
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 07:44:39 AM »

Off to meet up with friends round the locals, think I'll wear my newest Arsenal shirt after todays result. A fair number of my friends are spurs supporters so I've been getting some stick, all good natured of course. I can't stand it when people take the banter too seriously and forget it's about a bunch of Women or Men kicking a bag round a field.

Football?  Wazzat  ;)

Yorkie, glad to say I didn't get plastered whilst they plastered but had intended to "get plastered" last nite... BUT... had to drive as invited to DD's bbq....couldn't turn that down as I didn't feel like cooking a proper dinner :D  so no getting plastered for moi.....maybe tonight tho...ahem (but got hosp appt termorra... so maybe not...sob).

Hope you all have a good Sunday whatever you're doing...very misty out there at the moment.....where are the thunderstorms?

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2008, 07:50:13 AM »

where are the thunderstorms?

Not heading my way,I hope.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeee  :)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2008, 08:09:55 AM »

Bye Uncy... have a good thunderstorm-free week.  :bye:

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2008, 10:23:21 AM »

Just a little bit of lightning over the north east of france at the mo http://www.blitzortung.de/DF/Webpages/

Listening to the Archers omnibus at the mo. If any one else listens, I have to agree with Brians point of view about backing Tom when he needed it

scottiesmum

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2008, 11:31:55 AM »

We had a heck of a thunderstorm last night  ....went on for HOURS  !!!   quite a spectacular  'son et lumière' .....  it was to be expected with the temperature yesterday  afternoon reaching 36°    :crazy:    ...   lovely wedding ....the bride was stunning ... a little story here to lift everyone I hope !  Almost exactly one year ago, the bridge and groom were in a dreadful road accident, they were on a motorbike,  a car overtook two vehicles and met the couple coming the other way   .....  the bride (then 28 years old) lost a leg in the accident ......  and the groom had one of his legs broken in three places ... since then they have both been through huge operations ( as you can imagine) and  subsequently the bride had a prosthesis fitted.   To see them married yesterday was an emotional experience for everyone there, and an uplifting one too ....

would you believe following last nights storm  ..this morning back to normal  . .  isn't nature wonderful  :D  ....  now just to cheer you all up ! you won't be getting any more 'sun reports'  for 3 weeks , we're tootling off on holiday Tuesday ......   but I'll be back and so will the sun  :D  8)

« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 11:45:24 AM by scottiesmum »

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2008, 11:46:36 AM »

Kate, yes a very unlifting story, the poor couple and their families how devastating it must have been.  So pleased the wedding went well, can imagine just how emotional it must have been though.

Enjoy your holiday.......will miss your weather reports over the next three weeks  :) I suppose you'll be taking that S**S***E with you when you go?  I'll be happy enough a that, we had our summer yesterday, what more could we want!  :lol:

scottiesmum

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2008, 11:57:55 AM »

Good morning Chrissie ...     (well afternoon here ! ) I am definitely  thinking of packing the sun  :D   ....we're going to Jersey   :o  ....  hubby's idea so I know who to blame  ;)

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2008, 03:27:36 PM »

Really autumnal this morning, it was clear at 6am by 6.30 there was a thick mist, which hung around for a couple of hours and now its raining.

Will there be enough to keep you occupied on Jersey Kate, Tesco have a big warehouse there and a few others businesses, I wonder if they do conducted tours you could go on ;D

scottiesmum

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2008, 03:46:41 PM »

I shall avoid Tesco like the plague    :o it's personal grudge I have   !!!!   ;D  ...... we've not been to Jersey, but have visited Guernsey about 30 years ago  !!!!  so know a little of what to expect..... Scotty walking will keep me occupied for some of the time  .... and  will enjoy  using the local buses, I've made a list of things I particularly want to see/do by 'exploring' the internet   ....to be honest once we've 'done' the island I'm quite happy to chill out   (hope not literally    :-X :'( ) with four brand new books I've recently bought..... and build up some stamina for the onslaught of visitors we have on our return .......  Oh and I do have a lot of M&S vouchers  (received for my birthday earlier this year from people who knew there was an M&S on Jersey, which was more than I did  !!!)............ 

Accordion

• Reg Member
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2008, 05:58:02 PM »

Only a couple of days and you're off Kate. Try not to miss me too much!
I have a long weekend in Yorkshire booked up in September, but I don't think it will match up to Jersey.

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2008, 06:10:49 PM »

I was going to say good idea, stock up on M&S knickers, you can never have too many, but I expect the French know a thing or two about them anyway.

Its ok Accordion if you want to stock up on knickers too M&S have made it to Yorkshire.

scottiesmum

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2008, 07:11:43 PM »

;D @ Yorkie  ....  I buy my bragas  in Spain  .... and my lingerie in France   ;)      If I waited to go to M&S I'd be 'sans culotte' in no time   oo la la  !!  :lol:

Goes without saying Dave that I'll miss you, my little oracle  you  :hug:  .... 

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2008, 10:44:45 PM »

That's enough talk about female underwear. You'll get the chaps overexcited. :'(
  Eric

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2008, 11:17:34 PM »

Should you bump into a young brunette with an explosive smile who answers to the name of Daisy. Give her a big hello from me

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2008, 07:03:22 AM »

>> we're tootling off on holiday Tuesday

Have a wonderful time Kate :) :sun:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 [2]