Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Weekend Chat  (Read 6214 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Weekend Chat
« on: August 30, 2008, 07:24:50 AM »

Morning all,

Grey again out there, but what's new!  Well I've cleaned and cleaned etc etc... the dust was still quite thick but nowhere near what it could have been...phew.  Will still give it a clean today even though yesterday we did the kitchen from top to bottom (kitchen's next to the sitting room there).  I'm cream crackered and still got lots to do... next on the list decorating the room...ah well, worth it in the end.  Any volunteers for painting and sorting please? ;D ;D

Hope you all have a good day whatever you're going to be doing.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Weekend Chat
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 07:42:57 AM »

Mornin Dusty,Chrissie/all,nice to know you are sorted ( apart from the clean up operation )As regards decorating I think Eric will be free next week as he has just finished decorating the NC ready for an influx as people when they return from  their hols. :D
It is grey here also,will be packing the car today ready for the off tomorrow to Northumberland.The forcast is not great but we are looking forward to break.
have a great day whatever you're doing. :)

Accordion

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 08:29:01 AM »

Any volunteers for painting and sorting please?

I would offer, but I've worn myself out doing four rooms, the staircase and landing plus shelving out the loft.
I've not quite finished yet either.

Summer officially ends tomorrow - so grey and dull will be increasing.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 08:50:57 AM »

Summer officially ends tomorrow - so grey and dull will be increasing.   :o

Thought it was Sept 20 when autumn starts.   :hmm:

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 09:08:47 AM »

That's in Yorkshire Unc !!   ;D

I can't find a smaller sun so here you are  :sun:  :lol:   We are going to a wedding today, we accepted for the Mairie (civil service) Church and the Vin d'Honneur  (aperitifs) and then we shall come home  ..... the meal doesn't start until this evening about 9 pm and French weddings go on rather a long time ...so we opted out   (1) because of Scotty  !!!!  can't leave him all that time - we'd never hear the end of it  ! ;D  and (2) hubby's legs start aching badly in the evening; something to do with the circulation problem he now has  .....   not too bothered as it really is very hot already and by this afternoon   PHEW !!   the forecast is saying 34°  :crazy: ......THEN I expect we'll have a thunderstorm ! 

Unc have a lovely time in Northumberland, we once spent a very happy few days up in that area, I remember that the ocean scenery was beautiful, the area interesting-  Alnwick Castle was stunning........   enjoy ! 

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 09:46:55 AM »

Thanks Kate,yes the scenery is stunning.I would say Northumberland has some of the best beaches in the UK and so uncrowded.Alnwick Castle is lovely as is Bamburgh Castle.

Bamburgh Castle September 2007

« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 09:55:42 AM by UncleUB »

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 10:01:51 AM »

Uncy....Dusty indeed.....   :lol:  very apt tho!  I hope you have a lovely time in Northumberland, I loved it when we stayed there, really beautiful.  Hope the weather is at least reasonable for you so you can come back and make us all jealous  :D  Mind you, the S U N is out here at the mo....I didn't say the word just in case it disappears, so after the grey it doesn't look too bad.

Enjoy your wedding Kate, hope you don't get caught in any thunderstorms...(wot are those btw lol).

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 10:04:04 AM »

As regards decorating I think Eric will be free next week as he has just finished decorating the NC ready for an influx as people when they return from  their hols.

You've been misinformed Phil. Dripping stone dungeons don't need decorating. :whip:
  Eric

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 10:05:46 AM »

You've been misinformed Phil. Dripping stone dungeons don't need decorating. :whip:

:no: :-X ??? :o

scottiesmum

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 10:07:41 AM »

Oooo    a dripping stone dungeon sound very welcoming  .....  it would be coooooooool    :lol:    think I'll be really naughty now then I'll get sent to the NC.... :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun:    ......   is that BAD enough ?  :lol:

scottiesmum

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 10:08:51 AM »

Unc, we went to Bamburgh castle as well  ...   I'd forgotten the name of it .. but you reminded me, thank you    ...  superb  ....!

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 01:05:00 PM »

Any volunteers for painting and sorting please?

Chrissie,
This was my post on another forum, that was on about decorating:

Many years ago, I was asked to paper a small box room. The Manager went shopping with daughter and her sister, so I was left to tackle the job in peace.
I got one length on the wall and pasted a second length, but before I had chance to get it stuck up, the phone rang and got the calling to the local.
Eventually got back and fell asleep on the settee.
Was woken after the shopping exped returned and asked if I had finished.
I tried to explain that I could not match the pattern so had left it for them.

She then pointed that it was Wood Chip Paper.

NEVER been asked to decorate since.

So, sorry but not my scene.

dave

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2008, 05:22:44 PM »

Back to normal today for me - after my few days break. 
Weather at least kept dry and warmish most of the time and we played tourist on the beaches of wales - well the coast along Colwyn, Llandudno etc.

The cats are happy to see me back and kimi seems to have looked after them well.   

Was strange not being near a PC for a few days though - cant remember the last time that happened - probably when I was in hospital  :lol:  Actually I think I needed that tbh, but Im back now :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2008, 05:33:23 PM »

but Im back now

That sounds ominous, best behaviour then from the rest of us.

I wonder if Chrissie is well plastered now, been wanting to say that all day.

I hate it when I nod off and wake up two hours later, just done that, still feeling fuzzy headed.

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2008, 08:39:14 PM »

Off to meet up with friends round the locals, think I'll wear my newest Arsenal shirt after todays result. A fair number of my friends are spurs supporters so I've been getting some stick, all good natured of course. I can't stand it when people take the banter too seriously and forget it's about a bunch of Women or Men kicking a bag round a field.

Pages: [1] 2