Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Uncapped XGSPON  (Read 17572 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • AAISP CF
Re: Uncapped XGSPON
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2023, 11:29:21 PM »

I guess they work faster when is already competition ;)

I got a vodafone letter through the door, but when ringing them they said its automatic when they notified of build and they know nothing else, so still the 9+ months I was quoted (when work started several months ago).

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2023, 12:37:46 AM »

I got a vodafone letter through the door, but when ringing them they said its automatic when they notified of build and they know nothing else, so still the 9+ months I was quoted (when work started several months ago).

Not round here, we have VM and OR, CF don't seem to be doing any jobs on my exchange right now.  I think its more they realised they can't keep up and switched to the wealthier estates.  I'll be livid if we drop out of the plan.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • AAISP CF
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2023, 06:57:11 AM »

Not round here, we have VM and OR, CF don't seem to be doing any jobs on my exchange right now.  I think its more they realised they can't keep up and switched to the wealthier estates.  I'll be livid if we drop out of the plan.

Here I see the work spreading to many other parts of the city, I think they going to turn on the remaining 75% all in one go, they well past the point of turning on in blocks now here, no new postcodes activated for about a year, but more works going on in new areas.  The most recent stuff through the letter box is offering people a chance to win a PC if they register interest, pointless as when I registered my interest 2 years ago, I havent had any automated emails giving me updates other than the misleading one saying its coming soon when its 9+ months away.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 06:59:59 AM by Chrysalis »

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2023, 08:36:40 AM »

They are working out in a spiral from their FEX. Netomnia know how they work and are preempting. Openreach are also busy.

https://bidb.uk/ Pop in 340 WF2 8JQ. Not my address I might add but not too far away. Most of the work around there is done and they're now having a competition over Horbury, Ossett and Gawthorpe with some VM works too.

YouFibre You8000 customer: symmetrical 8 Gbps.

Yes, more money than sense. Story of my life.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2023, 04:12:56 PM »

That's interesting as they started top-left of the exchange here, I saw them moving clockwise round it then suddenly bam they are far-left.  I suppose that could still be a spiral (if this is how they do it everywhere) if were closer and they are still on the outer edge.

I can't check on bidb.uk right now sadly:
Despite offering assistance to fetch the data that Better Internet Dashboard provides, Grepsr are sustaining an attack on our APIs.

For this reason, this feed is disabled.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2023, 11:19:50 PM »

Working now.

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2023, 12:01:01 AM »

With apologies to all the folks who are stuck on slow services.

You really don't use it that much more just because you can.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2023, 03:09:07 AM »

With apologies to all the folks who are stuck on slow services.

You really don't use it that much more just because you can.

Speak for yourself.  :P
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 03:11:45 AM by Alex Atkin UK »

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2023, 08:06:18 AM »

That's a fair chunk!

Mine below but don't really have any stats from the Sky line I just ceased - so double all the figures below (very roughly) as I load balanced.
AAISP 1000/115 FTTP routed by opnsense on proxmox. Even my WiFi is baller

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2023, 10:09:37 AM »

We all use exactly the amount we need to. I'm not generating much to back up and don't run any services reachable from outside.

That and my numbers are more standard network graphs of capacity in use at any one time rather than total throughput.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2023, 10:17:55 AM »

Sync rates:

Code: [Select]
   ===  Links’ sync rates:  ===

Link #1:  downstream:  2.763 Mbps, upstream:  692 kbps
  Link #3:  downstream:  3.242 Mbps, upstream:  755 kbps

My AA speedtest:

My usage, reported by AA:

« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 10:34:45 AM by Weaver »

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2023, 10:49:42 AM »

Should mention my usage I don't host files I share with others, backups are incremental and usage is pretty average generally.

That's also of course a snapshot of a single week.

On another matter, availability, just watched an Openreach cherry picker on the main road finding some room on a pole that already had CityFibre and Netomnia on it for a CBT have a van driven by the contractor for Netomnia go past.

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2023, 11:13:47 AM »

More impressed that Weaver is pulling hundreds of GB's on 5Mbps.
AAISP 1000/115 FTTP routed by opnsense on proxmox. Even my WiFi is baller

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2023, 07:24:27 PM »

We all use exactly the amount we need to. I'm not generating much to back up and don't run any services reachable from outside.

That and my numbers are more standard network graphs of capacity in use at any one time rather than total throughput.

Yeah I'm definitely not a typical case.  As I'm always at home I spend a lot of time browsing photo sites and in that case I end up using more because instead of waiting for a photo to load, its practically instant, so naturally I end up browsing faster and using more.  When I get into a fibro-fog I can spend hours on this as I'm unable to focus on anything else.

Also if I see an interesting YouTube video I'm much more inclined to archive a local copy as it wont saturate my connection while doing so.  Its easier than fighting with them constantly adjusting the default to 480p.  Plus I'm a lot more inclined to experiment with GamePass games now they don't take so long to download.

I'm also more inclined to just leave torrents seeding for the same reason, it has zero impact on my other usage.

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2023, 07:29:57 PM »

I'm also more inclined to just leave torrents seeding for the same reason, it has zero impact on my other usage.

All Linux ISOs, and public domain material, natch.  ;)

I tried seeding a Linux ISO torrent and couldn't get enough peers connected to get anywhere near stressing the connection. It was kinda disappointing if I'm honest.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

anything