Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Thursday Chat  (Read 1684 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Thursday Chat
« on: May 29, 2008, 07:05:55 AM »

Morning everyone

I hope the storms are a distant memory for those who suffered them....here's hoping today brings some brighter weather where you are.  I'm not speaking too loudly here when I say....the sun is shining at the moment....ssshhh... don't tell anyone in case it goes away.  Hmm so black clouds around too...perhaps they will float away soon though - keeping me fingers crossed.

What is everyone up to today?  For my sins and if I feel up to it... have to get the food shopping  :(, ..... love doing this... NOT!  Especially when the little angels  :angel: are on half term.... jeez...puts me off of going just thinking of it!  Maybe they will all be sitting in front of their game boxes by the time I go....one can live in hope  ;D

Have a good day whatever you get up to and keep smiling - even through gritted teeth.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Thursday Chat
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 08:01:20 AM »

Mornin Chrissie/all,the old solly is shining  :clap: but for how long.Got my son and new 'daughter-in-law'are coming for tea so will have to pull out all the stops.I am quite a good cook (not being big headed).Its one of my passions cooking,especially if you get nice ingredients.Kate(ScottiesMum) is so lucky to have those lovely french markets to shop at.
Just to add,I have just watched an item on BBC breakfast news about them naming and shaming companies which use 0870 premium rate numbers,they then tell you if you want to contact the BBC about anything,phone us on.................you've got it.........0870...............
Enjoy your day whatever your doing.  :)

fudgem

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 08:02:53 AM »

Good morning, bright and sunny here, doesn't seem to be any wind to speak of so it's a garden day for me, a liittle weeding and a lot of reading ;D

Chrissie, you need to get out earlier when the little darlings are still in bed, that should give you up till 11 o'clock :P  What I can't understand is why people take the whole family with them, Mother, Father, Grandma and Uncle Tom Cobley and all, when it is so much easier for one person to do it and the rest babysit.

Have a good day whatever you're doing

Morning Unc., you posted as I was typing, your tale of the BBC made me laugh, they don't even realise they're doing it do they?

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 08:18:44 AM »

This is a handy site to get round some of those 0870 etc premium rate numbers.:
http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php
Used it several times and it has saved me loads of dosh.
dave

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 08:36:29 AM »

Thats one of my most used bookmarks,there is nearly always an alternative number to 0870,in a lot of cases 0800.  8)

anything