Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Friday Chat  (Read 2047 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Friday Chat
« on: May 16, 2008, 07:45:08 AM »

Morning everyone

Dull and grey here this morning and the weather looks the same too!  Hope you have a good day whatever you're going to be doing.  Weekend looms, where are these weeks going to??

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

Floydoid

• Senior Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Re: Friday Chat
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 09:48:09 AM »

Morning Chrissie, it's chucking it down here.... nothing exciting happening until the family come over on Sunday and I get to meet my new grandson.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

fudgem

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 11:29:40 AM »

I was busy all day yesterday, my four month old g.grandaughter came to visit for the day, so that was nice, then hospital again, then off to daughter for a late supper and home to bed.  Hubby and I had planned to have a walk into the shops this afternoon, since he is allowed out, and thought it would relieve the boredom a bit for him, but it's quite cool and drizzly from time to time so we'll have to see.  It's a shame when we've had so many lovely days.

I bet UncleUb wishes he'd gone camping last week :no:

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 02:18:11 PM »

He'll be okay, tough lot these campers, he'll have his wellies and sou'wester on.
Dull and grey here, light drizzle that does nowt nor summat as they say.

Noticed your abscence yesterday Anne, (yea I twitch my net curtains too) hoped it wasn't a set back with hubby.

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 07:51:32 PM »

Got a liitle damp in the drizzle this morling, diverted away from my first job to help a colleage whos long drill bit broke, stayed on to help change a dropwire and set up a new lead-in to where the customer needed the nte. Big house mid referb, Wow what a house, huge hall way with big stairs running up the centre and a balcony all around the 1st floor and a huge leaded skylight above. Felt i was in the Titanic. :silly:

Next job tested as a realy good dsl signal, but their it guys left the dsl lead unplugged from the microfilter.  :doh:   next job, all these wires in the building, now which one gets to the dp  :hmm:? got there in the end
next job, didn't know why I got it, provide a line but it's already working ok to a new nte that was already there. ;D and finaly another attic and found a green fuzzy thing that was ment to be a block terminal, sorted the star wiring and now throttled back dsl line syncs at 2.2mb :thumbs:. a good day.

Otherwise anyone else hear the Archers tonight. ooooh !

fudgem

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 08:07:22 PM »

well, it has been a bit of a grey day, but not too bad, we did manage to get out for a walk round the shops this afternoon, he's still using elbow crutches but more for effect than support I think.  He keeps pointing things out to me with them and I'm sure he's going to knock some unsuspecting passer by unconscious before long :lol:

I had a very embarrassing moment this morning when I filled my car up with petrol, then realised my purse wasn't in my bag :-[

Very nice man made me sign forms threatening dire penalties if I didn't pay up within 24 hours, but had obviously had lots of experience of people doing the same, and laughed when I galloped back in half an hour later.  That will teach me to check my handbag before I go out!!!!!!