Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29

Author Topic: Upgraded to new Speed but problems  (Read 68113 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Upgraded to new Speed but problems
« Reply #405 on: April 22, 2016, 10:35:10 PM »

Yeah I was sure your line has a fault. I'm surprised your technician didn't spot it when he came.

Are you winding him William up Dray?
I'm wondering how could he spot it?   He was a broadband tech.  He was sent to fix a broadband speed fault.  Not a voice fault

The line is swinging about 1dB over the course of the day, looks like a fairly regular swing.   
There's absolutely no SNRm spikes, the line hasnt even dropped below 5dB.     Hlog is pretty damn perfect.

OK so there was a small amount of what looked like REIN the other afternoon between the hours of 1-4.30 which has now gone.
I too can get that if my neighbour gets his jet washer out, although I've yet to fathom out why it does it., but it does.   So am I too supposed to say Ive got a line fault because of this?

Williams line is getting CRCs and some E/Secs tonight. 
But that is why FEC/Interleaving...  and G.INP was invented....   to keep Errors under control. 

If about 6 different engineers couldn't find anything wrong with this line (see attached) which frequently loss sync despite the massive SNRm margin, how is one likely to spot anything wrong on Williams line today?

It took me over 2 months to get this sorted.  All the tests BT ran came back no fault found.  It wasnt until the voice failed so bad that you couldnt even carry out a convo, was it fixed.     
Now this was my line and I kinda knew what I was talking about.  I had graphs to back everything up..  yet it wasnt an easy 2 months with loss of syncs and DLM intervention.   Now if I find that stressful with about a dozen  Openreach visits.   
How is William going to prove he has a fault when there is nothing there to show a fault.   
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 10:41:34 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
    • Newton Poppleford Weather
« Reply #406 on: April 22, 2016, 10:41:15 PM »

The line is swinging about 1dB over the course of the day, looks like a fairly regular swing.   
There's absolutely no SNRm spikes, the line hasnt even dropped below 5dB.     Hlog is pretty damn perfect.

Williams line is getting CRCs and some E/Secs tonight. 
But that is why FEC/Interleaving...  and G.INP was invented....   to keep Errors under control. 

I wouldn't say "some" Downstream CRC's, I'd say "a hell of a lot" but you know me Mr. OTT. ;)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #407 on: April 22, 2016, 10:46:22 PM »

I said some ErrSecs.    MDWS is showing me 14 E/Secs but Im aware that counter may have been reset.   Hence my use of 'some' because I didn't know the amount.

There is one thing now that I am uncertain about and that is what DLM will do next.   
In theory it should apply g.inp,   but because its on open profile..  Im not sure.  :(

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #408 on: April 22, 2016, 10:49:29 PM »

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #409 on: April 22, 2016, 10:52:35 PM »

I've blocked him on my end, he's wound me up so many times you may want to have a word with him. Some people fail to spot that someone is somewhat different to others.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #410 on: April 22, 2016, 11:03:05 PM »

Yeah I was sure your line has a fault. I'm surprised your technician didn't spot it when he came.

I'm wondering how could he spot it?   He was a broadband tech.  He was sent to fix a broadband speed fault.  Not a voice fault
My last technician managed to make my line perfect. I'm on full sync after having poor speeds with loads of errors. I don't know how he did it, or what he did, but it's a whole lot better than it was.

No, I'm not winding anyone up.

N0STIE

• Reg Member
« Reply #411 on: April 22, 2016, 11:04:44 PM »

What does 98% mean at the top of that DSL screenshot?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #412 on: April 22, 2016, 11:07:25 PM »

I think its the % of the day that you have uploaded.
Mines also at 98% yet afaik Ive been uploading without a break.
-----

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • AAISP CF
« Reply #413 on: April 23, 2016, 01:53:30 AM »

The counters at the top are for the minute only, so e.g. when I posted earlier he had 11 SES, that wasnt the total that was 11 SES for the 60 sec monitoring period.

This line is going to need DLM intervention, lets hope it is just g.inp.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #414 on: April 23, 2016, 07:58:44 AM »

I think its the % of the day that you have uploaded.
Mines also at 98% yet afaik Ive been uploading without a break.
Yes, the tooltip will tell you that.... You have been missing one upload every hour for some time at around the 45th minute.  Although it seems to have stopped for the past couple of hours.
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #415 on: April 23, 2016, 08:00:52 AM »

The counters at the top are for the minute only, so e.g. when I posted earlier he had 11 SES, that wasnt the total that was 11 SES for the 60 sec monitoring period.
60 secs (i.e. the count at last upload) for everything except SES where it's a 5 min mean - see the tooltip. I did this as they are important and if you blink you might miss one....
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • AAISP CF
« Reply #416 on: April 23, 2016, 08:15:14 AM »

ok thanks

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #417 on: April 23, 2016, 10:01:29 AM »

This line is going to need DLM intervention, lets hope it is just g.inp.

Apologies - I wasnt aware of that -   
I was thinking it was the total taken straight from stats. - ie the figure you get when you pull them from your modem in telnet.  :-[
I was also viewing with the " Totals/Averages for ES/SES Graphs" at the bottom of the page unchecked -  (which is now ticked) so didnt see the same 4 coloured graph that William posted later on.

I agree it needs DLM to kick in and hope that it is g.inp  :fingers:

-----

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #418 on: April 23, 2016, 10:02:49 AM »

Hmm, my Downstream Attainable Rate is now all over the place as well as the Upstream SNR Margin! :lol:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #419 on: April 23, 2016, 10:04:55 AM »

>> You have been missing one upload every hour for some time at around the 45th minute.

Hmm strange no idea what that could have been - was out most of yesterday so PC should have been idle. 
Although I used HGstats to upload, DSLstats isnt showing anything in the event log that it has had difficulties obtaining stats.
-----
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29

anything