Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 60

Author Topic: I have G.INP on ECI  (Read 232385 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: I have G.INP on ECI
« Reply #705 on: May 13, 2016, 09:13:05 PM »

Just a bit concerned that all lines will see a stable fasthpath once G.INP is removed some lines may have to many errored seconds to remain on fastpath and the DLM will send them back to interleaving.

Once G.INP is removed it goes into interleaving then to fastpath if the errored seconds counts have gone above 2880 Speed and 1440 Standard profile the DLM may introduce interleaving

That was always the case even before G.INP
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:54:27 PM by NewtronStar »

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #706 on: May 14, 2016, 09:04:41 AM »

My works line stayed interleaved (it always has been generally), my home line did go on to fast path but is back interleaved, which it often used to be.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 1147/105  ;D

WildBill

• Just arrived
« Reply #707 on: May 14, 2016, 09:30:18 AM »

Once G.INP is removed it goes into interleaving then to fastpath if the errored seconds counts have gone above 2880 Speed and 1440 Standard profile the DLM may introduce interleaving

Hey there,

Are those the errored seconds values per 24hr DLM period?
Where did you get those values from?

Cheers

skyeci

• Kitizen
« Reply #708 on: May 14, 2016, 10:03:07 AM »

I get 400-600 ds es per 24 hour.still on fast path

Ktor

« Reply #709 on: May 14, 2016, 12:50:30 PM »

I currently have 2 US and 2 DS CRC errors in 65 hours of up time. The session before had 1 US CRC error in 101 hours which is why I am not impressed with this ECI G.INP fiasco forcing at least downstream interleave on my connection for 8 weeks and counting.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #710 on: May 14, 2016, 12:52:46 PM »

DLM uses MTBE to calculate acceptable errors.

So if you are on speed profile and have a full days uptime

MTBE red = 86400/30 = 2880
MTBE green = 86400/300 = 288
Anything in between is amber and considered OK.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 04:43:32 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

MikeZ

« Reply #711 on: May 15, 2016, 03:32:08 PM »

DLM uses MTBE to calculate acceptable errors.

So if you are on speed profile and have a full days uptime

MTBE red = 86400/30 = 2880
MTBE green = 86400/300 = 288
Anything in between is amber and considered OK.

Do we know for sure that DLM uses a 24 hour period and doesn't look at the number of ES/SES over smaller intervals, too? I had a big spike this morning (268 ES between 9 and 10am) and one SES. No resync, though. My MTBE is 106s over 24 hours.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • AAISP CF
« Reply #712 on: May 15, 2016, 06:04:40 PM »

I think its 24 hours, last week when I had that very nasty 2-3 hour spell, I was way over the MTBE threshold during that short period but over 24 hours I was ok.

MikeZ

« Reply #713 on: May 15, 2016, 07:46:28 PM »

I think its 24 hours, last week when I had that very nasty 2-3 hour spell, I was way over the MTBE threshold during that short period but over 24 hours I was ok.

Thanks - I guess I'll find out soon enough :)

Mark07

• Reg Member
« Reply #714 on: May 16, 2016, 11:14:18 AM »

It's a bit frustrating they decided to remove it from *ALL* ECI lines, at my parents' they gained about 6meg with it on, and now it's been removed they've lost about 8meg from it (I suspect extra noise since it last resynced)

skyeci

• Kitizen
« Reply #715 on: May 16, 2016, 11:19:54 AM »

Well thats not strictly correct as 3 users on mydslstats still have g.inp on eci lines. The reason why it remains on these lines does not appear to be totally clear.
Fingers crossed they may sort it, hopefully not abandon it..

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #716 on: May 16, 2016, 01:03:54 PM »

Openreach are under the impression that the only lines with g.inp remaining are those with multicast.
That was just last last week and supposedly they still havent made a final decision for removal from multicast lines. 

The multicast info was originally included in the original statement made 30th April.   However I removed the IPTV info as npr had said despite him having BT-TV,  g.inp had been rolled back for him and therefore assumed that had made a decision.

If your line has been reset indications are that it wont come back on... and therefore I doubt purchasing BT-TV would now cause it to kick back in again.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #717 on: May 16, 2016, 10:40:23 PM »

btw.   Has anyone else notice that since they've rolled back it takes ages to get re-connected and get a new PPP session.

I was fine before.. this has only started tonight...  but then again tonight is the first time Ive had to resync since g.inp was rolled back plus I cant recall having to do a manual resync since g.inp was enabled.
-----

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #718 on: May 18, 2016, 03:41:12 PM »

The BT Wholesale ISP Forum document (from 12th May) has a little to say about the subject of Retransmission on ECI:
- Openreach were removing retransmission on ECI
- The decision affects 260k lines
- Does not include multicast; decision due on those lines on 13th May
- The reason given: "we are experiencing a much higher than average fault rate for these lines"
- "Openreach working with its supplier"
- If I read it correctly, one item that BTW fed back to BTOR was: "ECI retransmission - why wasn’t it trialled more thoroughly?"

260,000 lines doesn't seem like a lot. Either there are a lot using multicast, or the rollout hadn't gone very far.

To check, I looked back at the cabinet composition data we got in Autumn 2014, as part of the application for unmetered power supplies. That data provided a snapshot for 34,000 cabinets (out of perhaps 55,000 that were installed at the time), of which 15,000 cabinets were ECI ones. The breakdown of ports in use suggested there were perhaps 750k lines on those 15,000 ECI cabinets at the time.

I would guess there has to be over a million lines in use now - even if most of the rollout since then has been Huawei.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #719 on: May 18, 2016, 08:53:30 PM »

@wombat

That info sounds like it may be old - its basically what I reported on the 30th of April and before they made the decision to roll back on all lines except multicast. 

The reason I removed the multi-cast info on May 1st was that npr who had BT-TV said that he had been rolled back, so I assumed that Openreach had already made the decision (which from the info I got ) was due by mid-May.   However it does appear that those few remaining MDWS lines still on ECI G.INP do have IPTV services. 
-----
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 60

anything