Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 60

Author Topic: I have G.INP on ECI  (Read 228611 times)

jamesfoley

Re: I have G.INP on ECI
« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2016, 03:13:31 PM »

From the tests I ran this morning I don't seem to have any noticeable change in download or upload. My ping also hasn't really changed, everything still below 10ms. Only thing I can really see is that I no-longer get any DS errors.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2016, 03:46:24 PM »

From the tests I ran this morning I don't seem to have any noticeable change in download or upload. My ping also hasn't really changed, everything still below 10ms. Only thing I can really see is that I no-longer get any DS errors.

That will be because you were syncing at 80/20 which plenty of spare.   Your attainable has actually increased.

Out of the people who have eci ginp how many have better speeds and how many worse and how much worse?

See attached.   Ive also included attainable because :-
1) There a couple of people who are capable of receiving more than the 40 or 80 Mbps product spec. 
2) It could also show a more realistic figure, due to this parameter changing in real time (ie deviation from 6dB SNRm)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2016, 04:53:02 PM »

Kitz yeah looks about right for me. I am on Infinity 1 so capped at 40. At least my errors have now dropped to zero. can see I have Interleaving Off on up and down INP as 47 and Delay 0 on Both

underzone

• Reg Member
« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2016, 11:02:10 AM »

MikeZ has joined the party  :)

underzone

• Reg Member
« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2016, 11:38:57 AM »

And he has seen a nice 5Mbps downstream rate increase!

MikeZ

« Reply #125 on: March 18, 2016, 12:46:29 PM »

Indeed! A few weeks ago I had DS interleaving applied and it wasn't clear why, as ES were not high enough to cause DLM to intervene on the speed profile.

At 10:46 this morning I had a brief resync (just a few seconds) and the line came back with interleaving removed and G.INP enabled.

In the minutes following the resync I had three e-mails from MDWS - one saying G.INP was enabled, followed by one saying it was disabled, followed by another saying it was enabled  ???

Firmware is 0xb206 and I'm in Northampton.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 12:51:37 PM by MikeZ »

daleski75

« Reply #126 on: March 18, 2016, 12:56:18 PM »

Indeed! A few weeks ago I had DS interleaving applied and it wasn't clear why, as ES were not high enough to cause DLM to intervene on the speed profile.

At 10:46 this morning I had a brief resync (just a few seconds) and the line came back with interleaving removed and G.INP enabled.

In the minutes following the resync I had three e-mails from MDWS - one saying G.INP was enabled, followed by one saying it was disabled, followed by another saying it was enabled  ???

Firmware is 0xb206 and I'm in Northampton.

I am also from Northampton but no G.INP for me as of yet but it's nice to know someone from my town has it.

Al1264

« Reply #127 on: March 18, 2016, 01:23:11 PM »

My part of Northampton (Weston Favell Exchange) has had G.INP for ages (Huawei cabs).  Which part on NN (which exchange) are yous?
Plusnet - FTTC - AVM Fritz!Box 7490

daleski75

« Reply #128 on: March 18, 2016, 01:27:25 PM »

My part of Northampton (Weston Favell Exchange) has had G.INP for ages (Huawei cabs).  Which part on NN (which exchange) are yous?

NN5 here and on an ECI cabinet (Duston).

MikeZ

« Reply #129 on: March 18, 2016, 02:08:38 PM »

Hardingstone exchange - NN4.

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #130 on: March 18, 2016, 05:52:53 PM »

NN16 Kettering. We have also had G.inp on Huawei cabs since last year but at last we have it on ECI and my lights are all green for the first time in a long time

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #131 on: March 18, 2016, 07:01:09 PM »

I take it all who have seen G.INP being enabled on a ECI cabinet are using the HG612 or compatible modem with telnet rather than a ECI modem locked or HH5A as they won't show up the G.INP data.

My question will G.INP work on an ECI cabinet with a ECI modem or a HH5A
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 07:04:13 PM by NewtronStar »

MikeZ

« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2016, 07:09:08 PM »

I take it all who have seen G.INP being enabled on a ECI cabinet are using the HG612 or compatible modem with telnet rather than a ECI modem locked or HH5A as they won't show up the G.INP data.

Yes, I'm using an HG612. Given that openreach assume that most users of an ECI cab have an ECI modem I would have thought that the ECI modems would have had a firmware update to support G.INP. I still have my ECI modem but I'm reluctant to try it, just in case I lose G.INP and don't get it back for a while.

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #133 on: March 18, 2016, 07:11:00 PM »

I saw increases in speed with both the ECI Modem and HH5a, no way to tell 100% unless you have a unlocked ECI modem however.

HG612 before G.INP = 60mbps
HH5a before G.INP = 62mbps
HG612 after G.INP = 62mbps
HH5a after G.INP = 65mbps

Was constantly in that range before G.INP, so unless G.INp got rid of a fair amount of noise it seems to be active on the HH5a.

I've also swapped between all three with G.INP always being shown as active on the HG612.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #134 on: March 18, 2016, 07:29:10 PM »

btw I updated the list to add MikeZ's stats and attached it below.   

I've also added in the interleaving and error correction parameters from prior to g.inp being applied. 

I would expect those that previously had interleaving/INP applied to benefit the most from g.inp, so those are the group of people whom I would most likely expect to see sync speed increases from.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 60

anything