Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Openreach Complaint Form  (Read 2570 times)

vultura

• Reg Member
  • ECI Cabinet Afflicted
Openreach Complaint Form
« on: March 02, 2019, 06:46:08 PM »

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/loadRaiseComplaint.do

An interesting option to be selected for "What is the issue?" namely "My broadband isn't working at the speed I was expecting".

According to an email I received back, Openreach complaints don't deal with speed issues.....

Has anyone seen my signature, it seems to have disappeared, along with Openreach turning on G.INP on ECI cabinets ever again.

niemand

• Kitizen
Re: Openreach Complaint Form
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 07:00:16 PM »

Correct. Not from end users. It's your ISP's job to raise a case with Openreach.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 08:42:30 PM »

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/loadRaiseComplaint.do

An interesting option to be selected for "What is the issue?" namely "My broadband isn't working at the speed I was expecting".

According to an email I received back, Openreach complaints don't deal with speed issues.....

As pointed out, OR do not deal with end users directly.

But even apart from that, if approached by your ISP, I’m  not sure that complaint would be reasonable.   It might after all be your expectation that was wrong, rather than any line fault?

If the complaint were “My line fails to achieve the speed of which it is capable”, that would be a more valid complaint, imo.   But it’d still have to be fielded by the ISP and, imo, it’d be reasonable for OR to expect the ISP to provide a sound technical argument as to why the line should be capable of higher speeds.

vultura

• Reg Member
  • ECI Cabinet Afflicted
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 10:10:36 PM »

Correct. Not from end users. It's your ISP's job to raise a case with Openreach.

As pointed out, OR do not deal with end users directly.

But even apart from that, if approached by your ISP, I’m  not sure that complaint would be reasonable.   It might after all be your expectation that was wrong, rather than any line fault?

If the complaint were “My line fails to achieve the speed of which it is capable”, that would be a more valid complaint, imo.   But it’d still have to be fielded by the ISP and, imo, it’d be reasonable for OR to expect the ISP to provide a sound technical argument as to why the line should be capable of higher speeds.

I know that OR do not deal with end-users, which makes it all the more curious to me as to why that option exists on a form that can be found and accessed by anyone.
Has anyone seen my signature, it seems to have disappeared, along with Openreach turning on G.INP on ECI cabinets ever again.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 10:41:13 PM »

My guess is...   Valid complaints might be raised by anyone who thinks they have cause, not just CPs.   A property owner, for example, might complain that OR had exceeded terms of a wayleave, or  had caused damage whilst installing appuratus and had failed to rectify the damage.

But when it seems clear that a complaint has been raised through a misunderstanding of responsibilities,  eg (fictional case) it was the water company that did the damage, or (as here) it is the CP’s responsibility to deal with broadband expectations, a response such as you received seems reasonable to me.

But repeat, I am just guessing.    :)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 09:44:40 AM »

My guess is its there to easily filter out complaints about speed, possibly even replied to automatically.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

4candles

• Kitizen
  • Not young enough to know everything
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 10:03:14 AM »

Many years ago, in rural NE Scotland, I raised a complaint with OR via a web form, regarding a long D side cable, large sections of which were lying on the grass verge. It was frequently suffering physical damage resulting in loss of service to many customers. Shortly after the report, the cable was buried. On another occasion I reported a raised footway cover causing a trip hazard - again efficiently dealt with.
In more recent times, the only option seemed to be a phone call, so I'm glad to see that a web form is again available.
To err is human - to purr feline
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530