Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 60

Author Topic: I have G.INP on ECI  (Read 230289 times)

WildBill

• Just arrived
Re: I have G.INP on ECI
« Reply #750 on: May 21, 2016, 09:21:02 PM »

It's now more than 10 days since I lost G.INP and DLM has not yet removed interleaving from my line despite my stats being pretty goos. Is there anything I can get TT to do to make it happen?
It does seem unreasonable for it not to have happened by now.

Stuart

After G.INP was removed from my line (BT TV & ECI Cabinet) either by DLM or OR roll back my profile become stuck at a lower speed and a high level of interleaving.
After 10 days or so and DLM making no attempt to speed things back up to pre G.INP state I logged a fault with BT.
I managed to speak to the UK BT Digital Care team (who were excellent) and after they ran some tests they reported a BRAS / DSL profile mismatch.
An engineer visit was booked and the OR engineer performed a DLM reset after doing some line tests.
Since the engineer left my connection been up for 15 days now on fastpath (other than 1 x DLM change in the early hours to speed things up slightly).

During the 2 week period I had G.INP enabled on my line it would re-sync several times per day and not hold a stable connection.

Since the DLM reset my line been very stable and on fastpath which is unusual (Always had low level interleaving) in the past.

Just chase your ISP for an engineer IMO.. GL  :)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #751 on: May 21, 2016, 09:42:26 PM »

Unfortunately we just has about 200+ ES in the past 2 hours due to some thunderstorms nearby which I'm hoping will get ignored. I'll leave it another couple of days and then see if TT will do anything. G.INP was great for me 40+ days with 71000kbps sync and no drop outs or significant errors.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #752 on: May 21, 2016, 10:01:21 PM »

It go's to show how good G.INP is we also had 6 cells of T/Storms today from 2pm to 6pm a dozen of those was a cloud to ground strike 3 miles from me, the max errored second count reached 27 if I was interleaved it would have reached 870 and on fastpath I would looking at 4000+  errored seconds

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • AAISP CF
« Reply #753 on: May 22, 2016, 01:14:02 AM »

so g.inp does work against lightning then :)

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #754 on: May 22, 2016, 08:44:26 AM »

Apparently Openreach have issued a third briefing to CPs about ECI's retransmission:

NGA017/16 Update on Performance of Retransmission on the ECI platform
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 04:13:38 PM by ejs »

skyeci

• Kitizen
« Reply #755 on: May 22, 2016, 09:10:36 AM »

If only we knew it says..anyone have access?

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #756 on: May 22, 2016, 01:34:00 PM »

If only we knew it says..anyone have access?
Hopefully someone will have access and can summarise whether it is good or bad news.  Kitz or BlackSheep may be able to help let's cross fingers and hope there is some news soon.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #757 on: May 22, 2016, 02:09:56 PM »

I'm afraid that all I know is that there was an update due last week about g.inp and multicast on the ECI platform and whether they were going to leave it on or take it off multi-cast lines. 

The people who have access to that page are ISPs... ie the likes of Sky and TT who say they dont get info about whats going on with G.INP  ::)
There was a meeting last week at BT towers for the SP reps where they could discuss such things but the info that came out of that (see wombats post) didn't really provide anything that we didnt already know... and it was still at the 'we are working with ECI to find a fix'.

I don't like harassing my contacts too often.. and I think (hope) one of them would give me a nod if there was anything new of great importance such as them having them found a permanent fix.

--
ETA

Im guessing that it may just be an update to say all lines bar multicast have now been rolled back and whether they have decided to leave it on or not for those lines. 

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 02:22:52 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

atkinsong

• Reg Member
« Reply #758 on: May 22, 2016, 04:09:35 PM »

Just for info regarding the HH 5A G.INP support debate, I have just completed a migration from Plusnet to BT. Although I have no intention of using the supplied HH5 I have just had a look at it out of curiosity and I am a little surprised that it is a brand new HH 5A with firmware 4.7.5.1.83.8.204 (Type A).
It would appear that this firmware rolled out in Dec 2014, thus pre-dating last years G.INP roll out and the ensuing Lantiq based issues. Could it be therefore that BT are actually supplying HH5's without G.INP support even now?
ISP:A&A, FTTP 160/30, Router Fritzbox 7530

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #759 on: May 22, 2016, 05:47:38 PM »

I believe 4.7.5.1.83.8.204 supported g.inp but it had other issues (to do with WiFi I think) so was replaced with 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 over a year ago (and BT are rolling out a further update now).

I know you don't plan to use the HH5A but you might want to leave it connected long enough to get the .1.11 version if nothing else.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #760 on: May 22, 2016, 08:14:07 PM »

As gt94sss2 says 4.7.5.1.83.8.204 supports g.inp in downstream direction only.

The actual g.inp updates were likely rolled out mid 2014, but as mentioned there was instability with something unrelated to g.inp which was what the Dec 2014 f/w release was about.   I explained in another post last year that I was told 'the latest versions support retransmission' and since the version no at the time was the above one I had the no of, its why I quoted that.   But I also mentioned that it in another other post that it was likely that the prior version to it which actually contained any g.inp update.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Ktor

« Reply #761 on: May 27, 2016, 01:47:47 PM »

So, since the test modem swap mentioned in the split off thread DSL has been up for 8 days and as usual racked up 2 downstream and 2 upstream CRC errors and the downstream remains interleaved.

Despite my assertion in the other thread that it would be a waste of time I did indeed waste some more time trying and failing to convince my ISP that the downstream should not be interleaved like it wasn't ever in the 4 years before openreach perpetrated this ECI/G.INP farce.

underzone

• Reg Member
« Reply #762 on: June 06, 2016, 10:52:34 AM »

I have just had BT TV with Ultra HD installed at home. Like almost everyone else G.INP had been removed about a month ago from my line (ECI cab). However I am reasonably certain I have just had G.INP enabled again.

I am using the BT supplied ECI modem so no proper stats per se. However my throughput with online speedtests is back to indicating a line sync of about 67-69Mbps. I was down to 56 mbps when G.INP was removed and I immediately had interleaving applied. Also my pings (to bbc.co.uk) have gone from 18ms to now 10ms (the same as when I initially had G.INP MK1).

As a side note my TP-Link VR200 modem/router 'hung' whenever I watched the BT Ultra HD channel (434) and needed to be rebooted, so I suspect it is not completely compatible with BT TV.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 05:13:53 PM by underzone »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #763 on: June 07, 2016, 12:00:20 AM »

(the same as when I initially had G.INP MK1).

Do you mean ECI G.INP Mk1 or Huawei G.INP Mk1  :-\

underzone

• Reg Member
« Reply #764 on: June 07, 2016, 09:09:34 AM »

ECI G.INP Mk1 (2016)

I ordered BT TV they gave me back G.INP  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 60