Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Like it wouldn't have .....  (Read 4560 times)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Like it wouldn't have .....
« on: October 28, 2015, 07:33:16 AM »

Surprise, surprise ..... the EE/BT merger has been accepted.  :)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Like it wouldn't have .....
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 04:12:26 PM »

Certain persons -- N*Star, for example -- will not be too pleased with that.

I expect that there will be a steady stream of users leaving EE once any contract term is expired.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 04:40:19 PM »

Well although I am an EE customer I will wait and see how things go. BT have not always been on my list of companies I do business with but I'll not jump ship UNLESS it goes bad (or should I say worse than it has been  ;) ).

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 05:34:28 PM »

Well although I am an EE customer I will wait and see how things go. BT have not always been on my list of companies I do business with but I'll not jump ship UNLESS it goes bad (or should I say worse than it has been  ;) ).

Stuart

I'm with EE now - can it get much worse apart from coverage and mobile services. It's customer service thats the major issue!
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 06:41:47 PM »

BT shareholders seem to approve, up nearly 4% today.   :)

I'm not sure how many BT employees might also be shareholders but, if it is a large percentage, and they are among those who approve, a 'happy' workforce might not be a bad thing?

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 06:55:46 PM »

I'm a BT employee and shareholder and voted 'Yes' to the merger some time back.  :)

Most (if not all ?) shares took quite a downturn last month with the issues in China, I'm hoping with the 2nd quarter results due tomorrow, that BT's share-price will go up again when the markets open in the morning ??  :fingers:

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 06:56:57 PM »

Unlikely, given what happened to the DOW after the Fed statement.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 07:10:38 PM »

Unlikely, given what happened to the DOW after the Fed statement.

It's recovering already ..... just a blip I hope. http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/28/us-markets.html

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 07:13:20 PM »

I am also a small time investor in BT, dating back to the original privatisation.

It is true that the entire stock market has taken a pounding in recent months but my own way of dealing with that (/consoling myself) is to look at the price in comparison to its index.  BT's performance, compared to the FTSE 100 index has remained very strong throughout the pounding, and just got even stronger.   So I class myself as one of the 'happy' ones.  :)

Just my personal layman's opinion, not intended to influence anybody else, and in any event I'm nearly always wrong in any predictions that I make.   :D

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2015, 07:13:46 PM »

Good news :yay:

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 07:19:32 PM »

Not really surprising. I suspect BT will run it into the ground unfortunately.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2015, 07:35:56 AM »

Well, Q2 results are in. I'm rather impressed with how they can show a profit, against advice from a certain few members on here ...  ;)  :) :)

Q2 financial results 2015-16

Overall in Q2, we’ve delivered a good financial performance with revenue* up 2%.

We’ve continued to invest heavily in fibre broadband and this is helping the UK remain the broadband leader among major European nations. Our fibre network now passes 24 million premises and we’re not stopping there. We want to get fibre broadband to as many people as possible and we are pushing ahead with our plans to get ultrafast broadband to ten million premises by the end of 2020. Market-wide demand for fibre remains strong with fibre net additions up 21% and we have now hit the five million milestone for homes and businesses connected.

Viewership of BT Sport is up by almost 50% and we’ve seen good demand for BT Sport Europe. This has helped add a record number of BT TV customers in the quarter, helping to drive a 7% increase in BT Consumer revenue.

Mobile is another growth area and I’m pleased our consumer customer base now stands at more than 200,000. And, as I said yesterday, the Competition and Markets Authority’s provisional approval of BT’s acquisition of EE is terrific news and allows us to accelerate our mobility strategy.

There was progress in Wholesale, Business and Global Services despite market conditions and we’re seeing the benefits of the various innovative products we’ve launched such as cloud services.

We’ve had a difficult quarter on service, partly due to electrical storms and system issues. We are already recovering, but going forward we need to do this more quickly and be able to sustain our performance. Overall, though, we are moving in the right direction:

• the 3,000 engineers we hired in the last 18 months are helping us fix faults faster and provide new services sooner
• we’ve created more than 1,000 new UK contact centre jobs to meet our commitment for more than 80% of consumer customer calls to be answered in the UK by the end of 2016
• Openreach’s recently launched ‘View my Engineer’ service is going down well
• and we also launched the new My BT service app which means customers can check their latest bill, track a BT order and change an engineer appointment.

Improving service remains a priority for us. We must now redouble our efforts and step up to deliver for the customer.
In summary, our strategy is working for us and we’ve delivered a good performance. We stand ready to invest further, not just to shape the UK’s digital future, but also to build a strong platform for growth.

Thanks for your continued support.
Gavin

* Underlying revenue excluding transit

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2015, 09:34:12 AM »

Early signs are the stockmarket is happy with the results too.

The FTSE 100 seems to be having a wobble this morning and is down over 1% last I looked, whereas BT were up a smidgen.  Only a smidgen, but in the context of a 1% drop of the index, I regard it as a promising sign. :)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2015, 04:29:12 PM »

Thanks 7LM ...... just got in and had a peep and it's pretty much static (+0.75) in the BT Share-front. Not to worry though, they're almost back to where they were, pre-China debacle.  :drink: :yay:

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2015, 05:08:18 PM »

Strange that an IT call center for EE Tech Mahindra 200 jobs under threat in Belfast is this a direct result of provisional merger with BT.
Pages: [1] 2