Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Can someone look over my dslstats?  (Read 1426 times)

neologan

• Just arrived
Can someone look over my dslstats?
« on: February 07, 2015, 07:44:39 AM »

Hi there,

I recently got rid of my HH5 and grabbed a Huawei HG612 in order to monitor my stats, but I am not really sure what to make of them, just looking for some more info and better understanding of what's happening on my line. My stats are here http://www.mydslwebstats.co.uk/ username "neologan" connection is BT Infinity 40/10 unlimited.

First thing i noticed, is i have a delay of 1, and interleaving is at 157. FEC errors are high, but i read somewhere that if interleaving is on, you will get FEC errors and that this is normal. My SNRM db is high, with 14db on download, and 17db on up. ATTN is at 16.5db

Thing is, when they installed this before xmas, i am pretty sure I had no interleaving, it only kicked in when i swapped to the HG612 and i turned it on/off one too many times. Modem (aside from yesterday), had been running 24 days in a row with the same stats (checked via puttytel), so i don't think interleaving will ever turn off at this point. Not my line is showing any thing that warrants interleaving on, and i want to try and get it turned off.

So, just wondering if a few could look over my stats and let me know if anything looks off, whereby i could get in touch with BT with some decent information and try to get them to remove interleaving, etc.

thanks!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 08:01:34 AM by neologan »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Can someone look over my dslstats?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 10:41:10 AM »

Your stats look very good. The reason for the high SNRM values is that your connection is capped at 40/10. If you were on the 80/20 service your connection speeds would be much higher and the SNRM values lower.

The reason you have interleaving enabled is because DLM has intervened on your connection, probably as a result of the disconnections. When you power down the modem you should wait half an hour before switching on again, so that DLM doesn't count the disconnection in its assessment of the quality of the connnection.

Your errored seconds are now very low, so it's probable that DLM will eventually move you back to fastpath. BT are very reluctant to do this manually, so there's little or no point in asking for it. Your level of interleaving isn't very high any way - mine recently went up to 1413, and this still only increased my ping value by about 5 ms.
  Eric

neologan

• Just arrived
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 08:12:24 PM »

thanks for the response. All my stats have been like this for 20+ days now, so not sure how long it's going to take for DLM to switch off. I'd have assumed it would have turned off by now, but liker you said, it's not really causing me much of an issue. I remember a ping to bbc.co.uk averaging 7ms beforehand, and now it's 8ms.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 09:24:57 PM »

How interesting my pings to bbc.co.uk average from 39 to 45 and that's with and interleaving depth of 612 there is deffo a problem on this line as expected.