Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: We Have Our New Fibre Cabinet.  (Read 9382 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
We Have Our New Fibre Cabinet.
« on: September 09, 2014, 09:43:02 PM »

We Have Our New Fibre Cabinet (Huawei 288) In Our South-Derbyshire Village.  :clap: :thumbs:

Well that was a surprise when we drove down the main road today around a bend and traffic Lights  :o , I knew what they where doing before we got around the bend a bit more to the work, Yes we now have the Dslam cabinet and they where putting the power supply in today.
Well I did not ever think it would happen  :D 
Even last week I was still contacting some more fibre network firms trying to get connected to the 'Fibre Way' a mile from our village put in 15/20 years ago (Not BT owned ! ).

I spoke to some OR chaps last week when I walked back from the town where the exchange is back to our village and asked if they knew anything about our fibre feed  to the village, they said that a survey had been done and may get connected in the next year  :( it may be a bit sooner seeing our new cabinet today.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 03:45:49 PM by tickmike »
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: We Have Our New Fibre Cabinet.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 10:11:58 PM »

Excellent news!  :dance:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 10:19:02 PM »

Thats good and will add more food to the fodder  ;)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 10:42:48 PM »

Good news! Have you looked at the Openreach Where and When site? http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 11:07:40 PM »

Good news! Have you looked at the Openreach Where and When site? http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/
Great news.  ;D I think I may be a similar distance from the cabinet as you ~=200 metres, There are a lot in the village who will get no benifit from this upgrade  :(.
Yes I have been looking at that weekly
"Enabled area

Your area is enabled for Superfast Fibre but your cabinet is not ready yet so you can’t place an order today. It is in our plans to be upgraded and we update this info weekly, so please check back later.
"

And my ISP says.

" Sorry, but this line isn't enabled for Fibre just yet, you can register your interest on this page and we'll let you know when Fibre will be enabled in your area.

You can still get Eclipse Home Broadband, we estimate your download speed to be 2 Mbps"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I move from Eclipse what will happen about my email address's on there domain ?.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 11:33:55 PM »

If I move from Eclipse what will happen about my email address's on there domain ?.

I think only Eclipse can answer that question. Either you loose the email address or maybe they have some means of allowing you to keep it, possibly involving a monthly fee.  :-\

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 11:42:23 PM »

:drink: :dance:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 03:21:55 PM »

Just had another look at where my underground (all the way ) phone cable goes to the PCP cabinet and I believe it goes a more longer way around so I think it may be about 385 Metres and not the 200 I put above.

Should I still get a good speed ?.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 03:43:19 PM »

I would expect you to get the maximum on the 40/10 Mbps service.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 03:48:12 PM »

I expect low populated areas to get less crosstalk and ali/thin copper less common in remote villages? as I guess BT try to use thick copper to make up for longer distances to exchange.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 12:19:13 PM »

I would expect you to get the maximum on the 40/10 Mbps service.

That would be a lot better than now.  :)

How long would it be to enable the new cabinet ?, had a walk past it today but could not hear any fans running, I do not know if the fibre is in from the exchange yet.

Talk about fans running, I was walking down a road in the town where the exchange is last week and walking past a fibre cabinet on the grass verge I could feel the heat from it on my face  :o so I walked over to it and felt it and it was quite hot to touch  :o I think it's going to give some problems soon.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 12:33:55 PM »

If it hasn't been mentioned before, have a look at http://roadworks.org which has a lot of information about planned and present roadworks with details of what they're all about. Fibre cabling work will almost certainly be seen on this site.
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2014, 01:08:15 PM »

That's a useful site, it's just showing a 8th to 16th at the PCP location.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 09:30:43 PM »

There was a O.R. man working today putting the Fibre cab to PCP tie cables in  :).
He also told me there is no fibre in yet. :(
Will keep an eye on roadworks site. ;)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 10:36:33 PM by tickmike »

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 03:48:35 PM »

If it hasn't been mentioned before, have a look at http://roadworks.org which has a lot of information about planned and present roadworks with details of what they're all about. Fibre cabling work will almost certainly be seen on this site.

I there a way on this site to save your search instead of starting with the British isles each time ?.
Pages: [1] 2 3