Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: help with my stats needed  (Read 47854 times)

perry081064

Re: help with my stats needed
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2014, 09:00:16 PM »

I've had a glance at your hlog data and it does not show any upload tones. It does not look like an issue with dslstats so either what Morphium or NS said would be right.

thanks  :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2014, 10:49:04 PM »

The text data copied from DSLstats is just the raw data as received from the modem. As already said, all the upstream data is missing, so this is either a modem firmware issue or the DSLAM doesn't report those values. Most probably the latter.
  Eric

perry081064

« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2014, 10:51:19 PM »

The text data copied from DSLstats is just the raw data as received from the modem. As already said, all the upstream data is missing, so this is either a modem firmware issue or the DSLAM doesn't report those values. Most probably the latter.

thanks roseway  :)

custard

• Geeky Dentist
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2014, 11:06:42 PM »

Ok I've just downgraded my firmware and lo and behold my upstream data is missing so it seems like a firmware issue as mentioned by NS.

Thanks for the great program Roseway BTW. :)

perry081064

« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2014, 11:38:21 PM »

Ok I've just downgraded my firmware and lo and behold my upstream data is missing so it seems like a firmware issue as mentioned by NS.

thanks for checking that out Custard  ;)

...still undecided whether to upgrade to the latest firmware or leave it a while longer  :-\

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2014, 11:51:12 PM »

...still undecided whether to upgrade to the latest firmware or leave it a while longer  :-\

well lets go back to yout original post on this thread it was made on the 1st of may 2014 and its the 9th of may (8 days) so if your going to give the DLM time to adjust you need to wait a mininium of 14 days, so I would wait until the 14th of May before upgrading to the new Firmware it all depends when your HG612 last did a re-sync/retrain.

perry081064

« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2014, 11:56:28 PM »

well lets go back to yout original post on this thread it was made on the 1st of may 2014 and its the 9th of may (8 days) so if your going to give the DLM time to adjust you need to wait a mininium of 14 days, so I would wait until the 14th of May before upgrading to the new Firmware it all depends when your HG612 last did a re-sync/retrain.

yes i think thats best, actually i may well give it all of may just to be sure  ;)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2014, 12:07:51 AM »

yes i think thats best, actually i may well give it all of may just to be sure  ;)

I am glad to here that. their is one thing about FTTC & monitering your line stats is you need the patients of a Saint  :( others may dive in and then create a thread saying my download has droped in the last week after unlocking or updating my HG612 (I wonder why)  ::)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 12:10:16 AM by NewtronStar »

perry081064

« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2014, 08:15:17 PM »

seeing as im going to leave alone until at least the end of may , ive installed HG612_Modem_stats on my server to collect stats for the next 31 days.

... only problem im having is i cant run dslstats from my pc as it says it cant comunicate with the modem.
only happens when i running HG612_Modem_stats at the same time on the server though.

perry081064

« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2014, 01:08:42 PM »

just a quick update..

having set up HG612_modem_stats on the server pc and collected data for the last day , i just want to test ive got everything set to gather correctly.

i will be collecting data until the end of may.

is this everything i need to collate ?

thanks

« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 01:10:52 PM by perry081064 »

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2014, 01:20:00 PM »

just a quick update..

having set up HG612_modem_stats on the server pc and collected data for the last day , i just want to test ive got everything set to gather correctly.

i will be collecting data until the end of may.

is this everything i need to collate ?

That looks right, but you can also obtain 'snapshot' graphs.

V 2.1 of HG612 Modem Stats is due to be released in the next few days.
V 2.1 includes a little more data & functionality & is (hopefully) more reliable than v 2.0.

BTW, for easier 'zoomed in' viewing by others, you can attach the Full__Monty Ongoing montage & the snapshot montage to posts in this forum.

EDIT:

I see you attached the Ongoing montage while I was typing.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 01:25:08 PM by Bald_Eagle1 »

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2014, 01:28:13 PM »

... only problem im having is i cant run dslstats from my pc as it says it cant comunicate with the modem.
only happens when i running HG612_Modem_stats at the same time on the server though.

Hmmm.

I wonder if the clocks on your server & PC are slightly out of sync.
i.e. the 2 programs might actually be clashing with each other, despite using HG612 Modem Stats compatibility mode in DSLStats.

Either that or maybe they both need to run on the same machine to ensure clashes are avoided?

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2014, 01:30:36 PM »

Your DS SNRM looks a bit 'spiky' on 3 occasions this morning.

Any idea what might have casused that?

perry081064

« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2014, 01:34:33 PM »

Your DS SNRM looks a bit 'spiky' on 3 occasions this morning.

Any idea what might have casused that?

theres quite a few rain showers occuring here, some heavier than others.  other than that ive no idea  :-\.

custard

• Geeky Dentist
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2014, 02:56:25 PM »

I notice that your download output power is oscillating. I don't know whether this is normal or indicative of some fault in the modem or cabling.
I don't see this on my stats. Maybe the others can comment on this...
I also don't see anything oscillating on the individual bands though for download.

edit: I do see slight changes in my older graphs so maybe its nothing to worry about. :-\
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 05:22:34 PM by custard »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10