Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Does this look okay?  (Read 37872 times)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Does this look okay?
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2014, 06:57:53 AM »

It could even be a new user being connected thus increasing crosstalk dramatically.

The peaks back to normal SNRM levels at around 16:00 & 19:30 MIGHT have been when the new user rebooted etc?

Or - it could be the start of a developing line fault (possibly HR).

It didn't cause a resync though.

Maybe your connection sees these issues from time to time anyway. Hence the reasonably high(ish) Interleaving depths.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2014, 07:12:54 AM »

Just to confirm...........

(Please correct me if I have anything wrong).

You manually ran HG612_current_stats.exe at 18:46 (or you clicked the Run snapshot stats button in the GUI)
This created a snapshot Plink log, but didn't create any graphs.  button, it did create the graphs, plink data is produced for scheduled times but no graphs
You created the snapshot graphs by dropping the Plink log onto the GRAPH6.exe icon. no clicked button

You then changed the snapshot datum to 19:00, with a 2 hour interval
At 19:00, the Plink log was created but again, no graphs were created. yes

The logging ceased by 20:50.
Was that when you disconnected the PC from the modem or router in order to connect the laptop? yes

EDIT:

BTW, did you manually update the HG612's firmware to DSL PHY: AnnexA version - A2pv6C038m.d24j or has it been updated remotely by your provider? manual

It has altered the appearance of your snapshot graphs, so it seems there's still a little more to do with the graphing of 8a profile data yet (once we have got the automatic graphing working).

(see the attached for before & after the firmware update montages)

I have attached amended HG612_current_stats.exe & GRAPH6.exe programs for you to try out.

If they don't fix the issue where snapshot graphs are not generated on a schedule, they might at least give a better indication of where the issue is.

GRAPH6.exe now also generates 'proper' snapshot graphs when dragging & droping a Plink log onto it for your 8a connection with updated firmware & it still works as normal for 17a connections.
(see the attached montage from your 18:46 Plink log from 18th)

Along with the usual data & error logs, the ones with specific snapshot program flow & additional debugging data are "Current_ERROR.LOG" & "GRAPH6_ERROR.LOG"

bilbokitz

• Reg Member
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2014, 12:33:34 PM »

My throughput is unaffected as I am capped anyway but I guess it will have an effect if/when they rollout 80/20 here.

I had changed my firmware a couple of days before but have now changed it back.

See further graphs here produced with the new exe's. The resync graphs were produced automatically!  :)

I am seeing if I can find out re anyone else connected to the cab. It is a new cab so chances are high.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ryux1heo901gcsv/Q0QeN0X8gF
Alcatel Cab 200/20 Vectored VDSL 35b - Technicolor DGA4130 Bridged + Asus RT-AC86U Asuswrt-Merlin

bilbokitz

• Reg Member
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2014, 02:46:04 PM »

16 on the cab some of which added this week.

The graphing is now working great, I notice the qln graph is worse which ties in.
Alcatel Cab 200/20 Vectored VDSL 35b - Technicolor DGA4130 Bridged + Asus RT-AC86U Asuswrt-Merlin

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2014, 06:46:08 PM »

I had changed my firmware a couple of days before but have now changed it back.

Oh, that's a slight shame as I would like to have tested the amended programs on a 8a connection with updated firmware before you reverted to the original firmware.

Maybe another time then?

Are you 100% sure the change back to the original firmware has taken full effect (it needs a long reset & part of the update process automatically reboots the modem)?

It SHOULD have caused a resync, which isn't visible in the 1 day ongoing graphs.

For my own research & testing purposes, it would be really good if you could upload to Dropbox all the relevant data & error logs from the Scripts, Current_Stats & Ongoing_Stats folders.

EDIT:

I have also noticed that Interleaving depth hasn't changed at all since you reverted to the original firmware, which is SLIGHTLY unusual.

DLM MIGHT kick in in a day or so & I did wonder if the band plans used by the updated firmware might have caused a negative effect on your 8a connection as it does appear the cabinet's DSLAM hasn't yet been updated.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 06:53:00 PM by Bald_Eagle1 »

bilbokitz

• Reg Member
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2014, 06:54:01 PM »

Positive, I followed the unlocking procedure to apply the update as initially it did not apply using the gui. The new firmware resulted in no gui, which reappeared when I applied the older fw again. I'll put the new fw back on I dont mind, I wanted to see if it would make a difference which it hasn't.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2014, 06:56:35 PM »

Positive, I followed the unlocking procedure to apply the update as initially it did not apply using the gui. The new firmware resulted in no gui, which reappeared when I applied the older fw again. I'll put the new fw back on I dont mind, I wanted to see if it would make a difference which it hasn't.

I appreciate you doing that, but please don't replace the firmware too quickly as it MIGHT cause the very sensitive DLM to have a hissy fit.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2014, 07:51:33 PM »

Are you 100% sure the change back to the original firmware has taken full effect (it needs a long reset & part of the update process automatically reboots the modem)?

Having another look at your Plink Log from the "Current_Stats_20140220-1219-RESYNC" folder, I can see it did actually cause a resync.

I have amended GRAPH6.exe again, to now include the DSL Up Time in the snapshot Bitloading graph for 8a connections (see attached graph & amended program).

bilbokitz

• Reg Member
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2014, 09:08:30 PM »

I have put the newer fw back on and the mk2 faceplate as well as copy the new exe over. I had planned to put the mk2 on the other night to compare figures but there was no point when I saw the snrm had dropped by 50%.

I'll post the stats tomoz night.

bilbokitz

• Reg Member
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2014, 08:49:53 PM »

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2014, 12:32:48 AM »

Thanks for that.

I'm now confident that the programs work properly with updated firmware on your 8a connection.

I still think the deteriorated QLN & SNR graphs depict either increased crosstalk or potentially a slight physical line fault in its infancy.

As your Hlog graph hasn't changed, I'm more inclined to believe it's more likely to be the effect of crosstalk.

Although at a lower level, your SNRM seems stable, with hardly any fluctuation.
As seen over here, DS bitswapping sees quite a large increase when using the updated firmware, but as it doesn't appear to have any negative effect upon actual performance/throughput, we aren't sure if there really is an increase or maybe the original firmware didn't report it correctly.

Just for reference, I have attached a montage of the latest 4 days worth of ongoing stats along with an animation of the changes in your snapshot montages, highlighting the deteriorated QLN & SNR.

bilbokitz

• Reg Member
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2014, 12:48:47 AM »

Cheers, the animations are v interesting.

I think the changes are definitely due to other users being added to the cabinet, (3 this week), very sudden drop in attainable though, and a lot sheesh. Reading around these forums I believe that is what happens though, then a v gradual change as more users addes. As said earlier not an issue for now with my cap at 40. Hopefully manxtelecom have had the foresight to buy g.vectoring capable kit.

I would like my pings to be better, saying that though I was getting 30ms pings tonight which is the lowest I have seen (on speedtest), and I have confirmed interleaving can be turned off at request. I'll see how I get on for now.

ps thanks very much for getting this working for me.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 03:05:15 PM by bilbokitz »

bilbokitz

• Reg Member
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2014, 03:51:37 PM »

EDIT:

I have also noticed that Interleaving depth hasn't changed at all since you reverted to the original firmware, which is SLIGHTLY unusual.

DLM MIGHT kick in in a day or so & I did wonder if the band plans used by the updated firmware might have caused a negative effect on your 8a connection as it does appear the cabinet's DSLAM hasn't yet been updated.

I just noticed this, is it expected that the interleaving would move up and down? Also what dya mean the cabinets dslam has not been updated?

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2014, 04:42:24 PM »

Hi Bilbo, I'm curious as to how you know how many more circuits have been made 'Live' on your particular Cab ?? Do you have a link to a site or something ??

bilbokitz

• Reg Member
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2014, 05:07:30 PM »

No, nothing like that. Someone who knew told me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7