Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Does this look okay?  (Read 37874 times)

bilbokitz

• Reg Member
Re: Does this look okay?
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2014, 09:41:17 PM »

It is still A2pv6C035m.d22g

There were some stats on screen but they did not change and the scheduled task was hanging all the time so no ongoing stats, I tried clearing ongoing and current but it was the same.

Errors go along the line of task already running but no current stats appear.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 10:02:39 PM by bilbokitz »
Alcatel Cab 200/20 Vectored VDSL 35b - Technicolor DGA4130 Bridged + Asus RT-AC86U Asuswrt-Merlin

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2014, 10:08:32 PM »

It is still A2pv6C035m.d22g

There were some stats on screen but they did not change and the scheduled task was hanging all the time so no ongoing stats, I tried clearing ongoing and current but it was the same.

I'll try installing with the additional files again.

When I used the A2pv6C035m.d22g firmware, I noticed that some of the stats such as bitloading & possibly SNR/SNRM weren't updated until the connection resynced.
It didn't stop the Scheduled Task from running though.

QLN & Hlog NEVER update until the connection trains up from a resync or power off/on.

Just a thought....................

If a user name & password are required when switching on the PC, the task should be run whether user is logged on or not.

If a password isn't required or you chose not to store the password via Scheduled Tasks 'General' tab, it may be worth experimenting with various settings.

I have noticed that either the task won't run at all, or it will run for a few hours/days before refusing to run if the wrong setting has been applied.

I have attached a screen shot of my task's general settings.
I need a user name & password when logging in to the PC.
The task was created via the GUI to take that into account.

Finally, it is just possible that one of the HG612 programs is 'stuck'.
If that's the case, it can be cleared via the "End Process" button in Task Manager.

If you have the Stats logging GUI running, it may be worth completely exiting it to see if that helps.

bilbokitz

• Reg Member
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2014, 11:15:51 PM »

All looks okay on the task, hg612_run.exe appears in taskmanager and does not go, nothing appears in ongoing or current.

Tried

Retrain Reason: 0
Last initialization procedure status:   0
Max:    Upstream rate = 8787 Kbps, Downstream rate = 74960 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 2495 Kbps, Downstream rate = 52994 Kbps

xdslcmd version 1.0
DSL PHY: AnnexA version - A2pv6C038m.d24j

Same thing.
Alcatel Cab 200/20 Vectored VDSL 35b - Technicolor DGA4130 Bridged + Asus RT-AC86U Asuswrt-Merlin

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2014, 12:46:53 AM »

You could try:-

After ending the HG612_Run.exe process via Task Manager & ensuring no other HG612*.exe processes ar running, edit the task's Actions to run HG612_stats.exe instead of HG612_Run.exe

Depending on your task's'General' settings, you may see it run every minute or it may run silently.
That's all that HG612_Run.exe does. It triggers HG612_stats.exe to run silently in the background regardless of task settings.

I wonder, do you have an antivirus program and/or firewall that could be wrongly & automatically blocking any of the programs?

I use AVG Free Edition 2014 & it has occasionally given me a false positive warning about HG612_stats.exe & HG612_Run.exe, asking me if I wish to allow them to run & add them to the exceptions list.

I think AVG must pick up on the way the programs access the modem - very similar, but not exactly the same manner as Telnet access.

Do you have .Net 4 installed?
I had to update it to 4 from 3 on my system

I see you are using Windows 7, SP1:-

Code: [Select]
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]

Windows Version in use:-     

dwOSVersionInfoSize = 148
  dwMajorVersion      = 6
  dwMinorVersion      = 1
  dwBuildNumber       = 7601
  dwPlatformId        = 2
  szCSDVersion        = Service Pack 1

I am just running W7 as it came:-

Code: [Select]

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]

Windows Version in use:-

dwOSVersionInfoSize = 148
  dwMajorVersion      = 6
  dwMinorVersion      = 1
  dwBuildNumber       = 7600
  dwPlatformId        = 2
  szCSDVersion        =

I have read that SP1 has occasionally caused some programs to fail.

bilbokitz

• Reg Member
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2014, 08:56:14 AM »

I have repaired .net 4, amended the sched task to run hgstats directly and also added the program as an exception on the windows firewall and it does now seem to be running + producing data in the minute I had to  look at it. The gui was showing stats and there was data xlog? So I will see if there are any graphs to be had when I get home.  :)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2014, 12:55:13 PM »

Phew!

Great news there.  :drink:

Let's hope it is stable & that you can revert to running HG612_Run.exe via the task again (unless it runs silently anyway).

It would be good to see some graphs here and/or for you to upload the relevant logs and files to dropbox now & then.

Now it's logging, I may still need to add a final tweak or two to suit 8a profiles.

bilbokitz

• Reg Member
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2014, 07:01:30 PM »

Well its still running, no graphs have been produced automatically but I have been able to run a snapshot graph manually and also run graphs for a 24h period!! So Good stuff. I have amended the schedule and saved it to see if it will create a graph automatically now.

bilbokitz

• Reg Member
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2014, 07:16:04 PM »

So yes, the plink was produced in current stats but no graphs produced.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2014, 08:45:10 PM »

Do you mean the Plink log was generated from a scheduled event or from manually running HG612_current_stats.exe?

If you wish to post the "Current_ERROR.LOG" & "GRAPH6_ERROR.LOG" from the Current_Stats folder here or on Dropbox, I'll take a look?

I take it you still have these settings in the ini file & in the GUI?:-

[Graphing]
Pause_after_obtaining_snapshot_data =   NO
Auto_graph_Snapshot_data                =   YES
Pause_after_snapshot_graphs_plotted =   NO

bilbokitz

• Reg Member
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2014, 09:21:37 PM »

I take it you still have these settings in the ini file & in the GUI?:-

[Graphing]
Pause_after_obtaining_snapshot_data =   NO
Auto_graph_Snapshot_data                =   YES
Pause_after_snapshot_graphs_plotted =   NO

Yep got this.

I have produced an array of graphs from the data, I'll reconnect this laptop now. See stats folders:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ryux1heo901gcsv/Q0QeN0X8gF

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2014, 01:01:10 AM »

Just to confirm...........

(Please correct me if I have anything wrong).

You manually ran HG612_current_stats.exe at 18:46 (or you clicked the Run snapshot stats button in the GUI)
This created a snapshot Plink log, but didn't create any graphs.
You created the snapshot graphs by dropping the Plink log onto the GRAPH6.exe icon.

You then changed the snapshot datum to 19:00, with a 2 hour interval
At 19:00, the Plink log was created but again, no graphs were created.

The logging ceased by 20:50.
Was that when you disconnected the PC from the modem or router in order to connect the laptop?

EDIT:

BTW, did you manually update the HG612's firmware to DSL PHY: AnnexA version - A2pv6C038m.d24j or has it been updated remotely by your provider?

It has altered the appearance of your snapshot graphs, so it seems there's still a little more to do with the graphing of 8a profile data yet (once we have got the automatic graphing working).

(see the attached for before & after the firmware update montages)

« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 01:20:14 AM by Bald_Eagle1 »

bilbokitz

• Reg Member
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2014, 10:01:36 AM »

Just to confirm...........

(Please correct me if I have anything wrong).

You manually ran HG612_current_stats.exe at 18:46 (or you clicked the Run snapshot stats button in the GUI)
This created a snapshot Plink log, but didn't create any graphs.  button, it did create the graphs, plink data is produced for scheduled times but no graphs
You created the snapshot graphs by dropping the Plink log onto the GRAPH6.exe icon. no clicked button

You then changed the snapshot datum to 19:00, with a 2 hour interval
At 19:00, the Plink log was created but again, no graphs were created. yes

The logging ceased by 20:50.
Was that when you disconnected the PC from the modem or router in order to connect the laptop? yes

EDIT:

BTW, did you manually update the HG612's firmware to DSL PHY: AnnexA version - A2pv6C038m.d24j or has it been updated remotely by your provider? manual

It has altered the appearance of your snapshot graphs, so it seems there's still a little more to do with the graphing of 8a profile data yet (once we have got the automatic graphing working).

(see the attached for before & after the firmware update montages)

bilbokitz

• Reg Member
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2014, 10:00:19 PM »

Something has happened today, I've not touched anything but my DS SNRM and attainable rate have dropped. What in the world could that be?

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2014, 12:51:39 AM »

Something has happened today, I've not touched anything but my DS SNRM and attainable rate have dropped. What in the world could that be?

Did you update the firmware ?, it looks like the DLM is trying to adjust your DS SNRM to the (standard target) SNRM of 6.0 dB

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2014, 01:06:26 AM »

It looks most peculiar . . . The SNRM drops from 14 to 8 dB with the attainable rate also dropping, from ~75 Mbps to ~62.5 Mbps.  ???

I assume that the throughput speed has not varied?
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7