Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Government to consider change to BST etc  (Read 4649 times)

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
Re: Government to consider change to BST etc
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 05:58:02 AM »

What I would like to know is the difference :-

1. Less accidents when people are coming home from work in the dark, when they have more time to make the journey.

2. More accidents when people are going to work and are ruled by the time they have to be in work.

If GMT is good enough for the international space station then it is good enough for me. We are not involved in a world war, there really is no necessity to shift the time about. Leave it at GMT I say.
Also by changing the time about it's rather like flying across time-zones, jet lag and all that.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

renluop

• Kitizen
Re: Government to consider change to BST etc
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2011, 07:32:17 AM »

What I would like to know is the difference :-

1. Less accidents when people are coming home from work in the dark, when they have more time to make the journey.

2. More accidents when people are going to work and are ruled by the time they have to be in work.

In the evening they are tired, which is a natural condition after a day's work. Whilst in the morning they should, after a night's rest, be alert and attentive. I wonder how often that is the case, or how much the ruling of work start time is not a lesser factor than startinf out later than they should.

Evening natural; morning self inflicted! Which group deserves the most consideration? hmmm
Pages: 1 [2]

anything