Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Woman Follows Google Maps “Walking” Directions, Gets Hit, Sues  (Read 2624 times)

AdrianH

http://searchengineland.com/woman-follows-google-maps-walking-directions-gets-hit-sues-43212

Is Google responsible for giving out bad directions through its Google Maps service? We’re about to find out. After Googling walking directions for a trip in Park City, Utah, Lauren Rosenberg claims she was led onto a busy highway, where she was struck by a vehicle. She’s now suing Google for damages.

The case, Rosenberg v. Harwood, was filed in Utah, in the US District Court’s Central Division (Gary Price of ResourceShelf tipped us to it today). Harwood is Patrick Harwood, the person who actually hit Rosenberg, according to the suit. Both Harwood and Google are being sued in the same case, for damages “in excess of $100,000.”

Rosenberg used Google Maps on January 19, 2009, via her Blackberry, to get directions between 96 Daly Street, Park City, Utah and 1710 Prospector Avenue, Park City, Utah. Google provided these, telling her as part of the route to walk for about 1/2 mile along the calm-sounding “Deer Valley Drive.”

Whatever happened to common sense?   :-X :-X

scottiesmum

Re: Woman Follows Google Maps “Walking” Directions, Gets Hit, Sues
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 06:03:22 PM »

I hope no-one mentions feminine logic     ::)     :lol:

(edited because I spotted a typo  !! ::) )
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 07:42:09 AM by scottiesmum »

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 06:25:35 AM »

I hope no-one mentions feminise logic     ::)     :lol:

Ssssh don't mention it  :lol:
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 08:31:23 PM »

'sigh' common sense has gone out of the window - particularly if someone thinks they can make a quick buck out of it :(

Talking of google maps - well more like google street view.   
There was something on GMTV this morning where the street map had caught an image of a couple making out on a grass verge..  and the image is there for all and sundry to see  :-[
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 08:33:18 AM »

There was something on GMTV this morning where the street map had caught an image of a couple making out on a grass verge..  and the image is there for all and sundry to see

:o     Now that's taking  Big Brother a bit far    ;D

anything