Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Tuesday 8th June Chat  (Read 2009 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Tuesday 8th June Chat
« on: June 08, 2010, 06:42:58 AM »

Good morning all  :)

From a very wet Sheffield.  :rain:

I'm up and about early this morning as I have had to take Sue to work.I need the car to get me to the doctors for 08.30.Its my annual blood tests etc.  :scare:

The rain looks set in for most of the day,so it will be indoor pottering I think. :(

Hope you manage to keep dry whatever you have planned.  :)

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
Re: Tuesday 8th June Chat
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 07:58:25 AM »

Good Morning UncleUB, wet and miserable here also.
I hope your blood passes its tests, are they multiple choice answer ones ?
Sorry for the poor attempt at humour.
 I'm on a jaunt to Leicester today just hope there will be no problems with the motor.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 08:07:05 AM »

Morning Uncy, Colin and all who pop their heads round the door,

Has been raining here overnight again and grey out now but as forecast I think.  Never mind, summer will return (it sez ere)  :)

Hope all goes well for your docs visit Uncy....nice time to go and get it out of the way.  BTW thanks for yesterday's comment re Greenfingers.com.  What happened was on 25th May OH placed an order with them and they took the money.  Their delivery was 10 - 14 days and had nothing, he emailed them last week to ask when it would be despatched and they said "next week sometime but can't tell you when".  He wasn't impressed as it would then be delivered outside of the delivery times so cancelled it.  No reply from them but I see it's been cancelled but as yet no refund.....so will see what happens.  We had hoped it would all be ok but considering how other firms despatch and deliver on tinternet we thought this appalling really.

Colin hope the car goes well for your trip out today, always a worry when they've let you down before as you have it in the back of your mind.

Talking of cars, so far so good with the replacement one but still can't get used to finding it in the car park because of the different colour  ;D

Hope everyone has a good day whatever they have planned, take care and keep smiling.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 09:47:44 AM »

@ Chrissie,sorry about your online shopping woes.Your husband did right to cancel it.The response you received wasn't imo satisfactory.

I myself do a lot of online shopping and most of the time its very good,but a couple of my worse experiences was Tesco (missing mobile phone) and Play.com who took the money for a cd and then said it was out of stock and messed me about that much I contacted Jersey Trading Standards at finish to sort it out.

The blood test went fine...blood pressure normal,just got to wait for the cholesterol one to come back.That should be ok as last time it was 3.5 which is pretty good.
The worse bit is pulling the plaster off the nurse put on..Half the hairs on your arm come off with it  :ouch: :baby: (I know,Wuss)  :D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 10:27:04 AM »

Good morning all :)

Sorry to hear about your terrible suffering with the plaster, Phil. Try to be a brave soldier and don't cry. :'(

Like you, I do a fair bit of online shopping and (touch wood) I've never had any significant problems. The only thing I don't like about it is waiting for the delivery driver to arrive - I find myself unable to concentrate on other things while I'm waiting, and even on occasions I've been known to go outside and test the doorbell to make sure it's working. :-[

I'm surprised you have difficulty finding your new car in the car park, Chrissie. I would have thought that the bright pink would have stood out from the rest. :D

Have a good day everyone.
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 10:30:08 AM »

Sorry to hear about your terrible suffering with the plaster, Phil. Try to be a brave soldier and don't cry.
  :'(

I will Eric,I will.Hopefully I might get a 'poorly present'  :D

scottiesmum

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 11:52:42 AM »

'Allo 'Allo to ALL here and those who may pass by later    ....       inevitable thunder shower here but very warm ....  I watered the pots  late last night and then during the night  mother nature did it again  :'(

Glad that Lulu is OK Chrissie  ;D

Have a good trip Colin !

Glad the blood test went well Unc  ...  perhaps you should suggest the nurse buys some of these  http://www.pressies4princesses.co.uk/ouch-plasters.shtml    :D

Enjoy your day all !

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 12:20:44 PM »

Thanks for the link Kate,I will pass it on to Sue,I'm sure she will get me some.. :D

AdrianH

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 01:46:42 PM »

The worse bit is pulling the plaster off the nurse put on..Half the hairs on your arm come off with it  :ouch: :baby: (I know,Wuss)  :D

Those plasters stick too well  >:( Being small they are hard to remove and always hurt more than the test itself, I want to know why it is you cannot get plasters that stick like that from the chemist? Get a cut,use a plaster and 10 minutes later they drop off again. Those little round jobs the phlebotomist uses must have industrial strength super glue on them :-X >:D  I have to have a test every 2 months and just wish they would go for a vein in the hand for a change,many more in the usual area and people will be thinking I am on heroin.