Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Christmas Eve 2009 Chat  (Read 3663 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Christmas Eve 2009 Chat
« on: December 24, 2009, 05:42:17 AM »

Good Morning all.  :)

And what a morning.......UB has thwarted a robbery at 4.45 this morning

Sue had to be at work for 5am so I got up with her and cleared the snow off the car( we had  about 3" fall last night).Anyway I went back indoors and told her to phone me when she got there.I forgot I had left my phone at the side of the bed.So I rushed upstairs to answer(only I don't do rush).I answered the phone and she had got there ok.

Then  as I looked out of the window (a neighbour who is a plumber has a white transit type van which he parks in the turning circle slightly up from where I live).I saw someone with a wheelie bin (it is our refuge collection day today),He was at the side door of the van.I then noticed the side door was slightly open.Immediately the alarm bell  started ringing...........999.
He then made off with the bin,I knew where he would be heading(more on that later).
The police responed within 10 minutes,in the meantime I brought the bad newas to the plumber.Luckily he doesn't leave tools in the van.They had filled the bin with scrap.
The police went in the area I told them and found the bin still full of scrap and a wheelbarrow.So even though they din't catch the no marks his scrap was returned.

At the end of our road is a cycle path which leads to a bridge which crosses the Sheffield Parkway(A main dual carraigeway into the city.At the other side and slightly beyond is the Manor area,which is notorious for all the low life you can imagine.That imo is where they where heading.
I could see the bin tracks in the snow,so It wouldn't have been hard to track it,thats propably why they abandoned it and ran off.

If I had been fitter I would have been in hot pursuit.His side door look is slightly damaged,but at least the no marks havn't profited from their robbery.

Excuse any typo's,I think the adrenaline is still pumping.  :)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 05:49:30 AM by UncleUB »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Christmas Eve 2009 Chat
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 06:31:10 AM »

Morning all.

oooh well done UB.  Main thing is that everyone is ok.

>> I could see the bin tracks in the snow,so It wouldn't have been hard to track it,

hahahaha, I bet they didnt think of that at first.

Well you know I always say it hardly ever snows here..  we had a couple of inches overnight, which has covered the icy slush from yesterday.   Everything looks really pretty and rather festive atm.
Probably will turn to slush in a few hours when people are out and about.

Have a good day everyone.. hope youre all organised.  (Im not and have tons of stuff to do today).
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 07:24:33 AM »

Probably will turn to slush in a few hours when people are out and about.

The new snow we have had is quite soft,its still the bit underneath that is icy.Our main roads are ok.It must have turned slightly warmer as the outside tap is no longer frozen.

Hopefully Sue will be back from sprout mountain about 10 ish.  :fingers:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 07:35:33 AM »

Good morning all, and well done Phil for being a super crimefighter. :clap2:

The snow has all gone round these parts, and it promises to be near-tropical for the next couple of days (well, maybe that's a slight exaggeration). Now everything is wet and squidgy, but as we don't plan to go anywhere before Sunday, that's of no consequence.

I'll be leaving out a couple of mince pies for Santa tonight as usual, but I don't have high hopes... ;D

Have a good day, and don't leave it until late afternoon to get those last presents.
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 08:05:36 AM »

I'll be leaving out a couple of mince pies for Santa tonight as usual, but I don't have high hopes... ;D

Try a glass of sherry as well( works for me )  ;D

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 08:26:01 AM »

Good morning all.  ;D

Hope you are fighting fit and ready for the fray.

Cold and frosty again..........the roads have not been swept, gritted or salted and it is barely possible to move on foot or by vehicle. The two village shops are empty as there have been no delivery vans for three days......and there are no buses running.
So, indoor pottering with last minute arrangements.

Well done, unkyUb for helping to frustrate the miscreants in their nefarious deeds......mind you, that is no more than we would expect from a Helpful Kitizen.  :D

Stay warm and safe and enjoy your day.  :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 08:51:48 AM »

Well done, unkyUb for helping to frustrate the miscreants in their nefarious deeds......mind you, that is no more than we would expect from a Helpful Kitizen.   :D

Well I didn't want the sack,with only just getting the promotion. :D

scottiesmum

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 09:36:07 AM »

:o  Well done Unc   .....        I could see the bin tracks in the snow,                .........       now  Uncle Clouseau   ;D

I've lost a day  !!   I thought it was Wednesday today  ::)  I must look at dates   !!  :D     so my deliveries on  foot are a little more pressing than I thought  :'(   Other than those, which won't take long, I shall be tootling at home ...  we usually go to San Sebastian at this time of year but opted for the bosom of the oak log fire this time....    :)

Take care everyone   ..... enjoy the day !  :)

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 10:37:44 AM »

Mornin' all - especially our neighbourhood watch helpful citizen Unky - well done!   :police:

Just about to set out on the drive to my daughter's where we are spending Christmas - only 45 minutes and the roads are clear (we had a thaw last night), so Sue will be happy driving.

Tomorrow morning shoul dbe fun with 4 kids looking for what Santa brought - oveertime for their dad and me, putting batteries in and test driving them before the kids are let loose.  The again on Boxing day when their 5 cousins arrive - 9 tinies making a heck of a din!   :scare:

I hope you all enjoy the festivities - Merry Christmas!!!   :sleep:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 11:38:25 AM »

The again on Boxing day when their 5 cousins arrive - 9 tinies making a heck of a din! 

Just for you Colin.

:D

Sue's home,and now the kitchen is in full swing prepping etc.

I have a 9lb piece of gammon roasting in the oven(to be eaten cold xmas day night).

Mince pies are being made,and one of Sue's specialities....Sausage pie.(the filling is sausage meat,grated cheese,chopped onion,breadcrumbs and tomato puree...absolutely delicous served cold and a nice alternative to pork pie.

scottiesmum

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 12:02:54 PM »

I've just 'borrowed' that recipe Unc  .. I shall give it a try soon  :)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 12:08:10 PM »

@ unkyUb........I bet Blue's nose is working overtime  :D...........( possibly his teeth as well  :lol: )

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2009, 12:45:24 PM »

Afternoon everyone,

Looks like you are all in the festive mood....can smell the delicious aroma's of your kitchen from here Uncy!!  Mmm...like the sound of the sausage pie so I think I may steal that one as well as Kate  ;)   Btw...congratulations on your quick thinking in alerting the police re the dirty deeds going on for your poor neighbour.  I did laugh about the tracks in the snow....well....most low life miscreants don't have much of a brain to think of trivialities like that  :lol:  Hope you've calmed down a little now Uncy and can settle down to a stress-free Chrimbo.

The snow has gorn from this neck of the woods, no more sheet ice on the pavements thank goodness....don't know what we will be in for weather-wise later and tomorrow - we shall see!

Hope you all have a really good Christmas, that you keep warm and safe (especially if travelling) and that the day is just as you'd like it to be.

hugs to you all
Chrissie x
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2009, 12:47:04 PM »

I've just 'borrowed' that recipe Unc  .. I shall give it a try soon  :)

Ilb sausage meat

6oz grated cheddar.(I use a mature one)

1 medium onion finely chopped,

2 Tbs tomato puree.

2 slices of bread made into crumbs.

1 egg to bind the mixture

salt to taste.

Line a tin with shortcrust pastry,put in the well mixed ingredients and then place pastry lid on pie.

Bake for about 1hr @ 190c or gas mk 5.

You can also use the mixture to make sausage rolls with as an alternative.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 12:57:10 PM by UncleUB »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2009, 12:52:22 PM »

@ unkyUb........I bet Blue's nose is working overtime  :D...........( possibly his teeth as well  :lol: )

That lad knows his place...............usually the kitchen. :D
Pages: [1] 2