News:

Poll

_____

___
- 0 (0%)
___
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: My DSL mystery ?!  (Read 4353 times)

leo77

• Just arrived
My DSL mystery ?!
« on: December 31, 2009, 10:36:40 PM »

Hi,
I have "speedtouch TG585 v7" modem and it always disconnecting very 2 mint. And very slow
I get sick of my DSL, I don't know exactly what is wrong with it ?!
Its DSL connection problem, DSL modem, outside wire line or ISP port ?

This is my DSL statistics

DSL Connection

Uptime: 0 days, 0:08:17

DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 277 / 1.142

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0,00 / 17,00

Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12,0 / 19,5

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 15,5 / 27,5

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 27,0 / 9,5
(Note: Down SNR 7-15 dB max)

Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / BDCM

Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 7 / 0

Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 26 / 0

Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Link (Remote): 0

Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 67 / 0

FEC Errors (Up/Down): 8 / 49.887

CRC Errors (Up/Down): 8 / 95

HEC Errors (Up/Down): 190.830 / 38

Can anybody help me please.. & Happy New year for all

[attachment deleted by admin]

waltergmw

• Kitizen
Re: My DSL mystery ?!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 11:46:57 PM »

Hi Leo,

Stating the obvious, you have some significant noise problems.
If you use this link you'll see the speed estimates you should be achieving.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php

You haven't said if you have ensured everything is filtered and whether you've tried connecting directly into the test socket ?

Try following the instructions starting here:-

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/socket.htm

and then continuing down the links in the Problems and Faults sections.

Happy New Year,
Walter

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 05:05:16 AM »

That is one sick connection :(
The bit loading across the whole adsl frequencies is very poor and something is introducing a lot of noise on to that line.

It could be any one of the following

• ~ Faulty internal wiring, - As mentioned by walter check from the master socket to eliminate internal wiring.
  • ~ Incorrectly fitted or faulty adsl splitter/filters - Make sure you have installed your filters correctly and that all telephone devices including sky (satellite) boxes are filtered
  • ~ Fault on the physical line between your home and the exchange - See below*
  • ~ Something local introducing a lot of EMI (ElectroMagnetic Interference).  At this time of year check there is no faulty electrical equipment and/or in particular xmas tree lights.
  • ~ A fault on the linecard in the DSLAM at the exchange - You will need to go via your ISP to get the TelCo to check for this.   However this is seldom and its far more likely to be one of the above so the above checks all need eliminating first

* In the UK theres a special test we can do called the Quiet Line Test to check the physical line for noise..  but Im not sure if there is such a thing in your country.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

leo77

• Just arrived
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 06:57:04 PM »

Walter;
kitz;

Thank you for your comments, I change the wire to CAT 5 & its direct from DSL modem to outside box (it less than 25 Meter), Splitter fixed right, My the distance from home to cabin station about 1.5 K.m 

after all still there is hight SNM  >:(

My ISP is STC "Saudi Telecom Company"

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 08:49:31 PM »

>>> after all still there is hight SNM

Yes... but No
Your SNRM although related is not quite the same thing as 'real' SNR.  The SNRM includes a margin for errors, but your 'real' SNR must be low.

This is obvious from the DMT bit loading graph which is showing only a few bits loaded across the whole range.  If you say look at at tone 60 which is around 258kHz, you can see there is only 5 bits loaded into that frequency bin.   Normally on a good line Id expect to see 14-15 bits loaded in that tone.  This is telling me that theres something wrong with your real SNR and infers that you are getting a lot of noise and/or interference from somewhere.  Its also a bit too spikey

Your SNRM can be kept artificially high by the target SNR, which is why on first glance your SNR Margin looks ok. 
However the DMT graph - in particular the bit loading -  tells a totally different story.
When you look at the whole picture its pretty obvious that you are suffering badly from noise.

Unfortunately I dont have a DMT graph of a 27dB atten line to show you for comparision, but during the early stages those blue lines should be 2 or 3 times higher than they are... and it should be smooth. The SNR Monitor is juttering all over the place which is another indicator of noise.

If you have checked all your internal wiring and equipment then you should contact your ISP to arrange an engineers visit to look at that line.
That line is behaving more like one that is about 4km from the dslam, rather than 1.5 km from the cab.

Is the voice side of your telephone ok - When using the telephone does it seem crackly or noisy?
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

leo77

• Just arrived
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 06:15:50 PM »

I mean the  noise is very high in connection line, i already call ISP they send technician "He said i must change the Modem & wire to CAT 5 or 6".
I am sure the Modem is working fine, every thing was working good till i change the speed from 512 kB to 1024 KB
According to Google Earth my home exactly 785 meter from cabin station or DSLAM

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 07:02:52 PM »

Hi
Try this link  . It will provide more information . It will show SNR/tone as per attached
Regards Jeff

[attachment deleted by admin]
zen user

leo77

• Just arrived
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 11:39:02 AM »

Good software, Thank you Jeff

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 12:11:59 PM »