Computers & Hardware > Other Technologies & Hardware

Nokia PC Suite problem

(1/3) > >>

Peter:
Until recently I was able to connect my Nokia 2639 mobile phone to my pc via Nokia PC Suite, 2 days ago I tried and failed to connect, my phone not recognised and I was advised to install the latest updated version 7.1.18.0.

This too failed to connect so I uninstalled Nokia PC Suite and reinstalled again.

This time I wa able to use the connect wizard and my phone was recofnised but had a 'padlock' symbol next to it, I continued with the set up and received the message, 'Phone needs to be paired' (with my PC) clicked 'next' to continue, when asked I entered the automatically provided passcode on my phone, that was shown as paired.

Waited for a while then message stating, 'Cannot Authenticate the phone ' appeard on the pc.

I suspect the 'Padlock' symbol is the cause of my troubles but have no idea how to remove it.

Can anyone help please??

Peter

PS Forgot to say I am using bluetooth usb gadget to connect.

camallison:
Nokia PC suite only really works well over a cable link - any other link and you can have problems.  That has been true since the early 6110 phones and v. 4 of data suite.  I trust you mean you have a 2630 phone.

The programme is a 3rd party product and Nokia give little if any support.

Peter:
 :-[I did indeed mean the 2630 phone Camallison.

Was I just lucky to have it working via the bluetooth then? 

so now I ask what do I need to connect via cable link?, lots of cables from other gadgets maybe one will do the job?

Peter

camallison:
I think you must have been lucky for it to work over the bluetooth link even though that is supposed to be the only official route - I have seen it do so myself, although intermittently.  The cable is, I think, a normal usb cable?  The difference is that they use different software to that supplied in Nokia Data Suite.

I googled and found these:

http://www.datakits.co.uk/store/nokia-2630-2600c-2760-usb-data-cable-software-and-ringtones-p-5284.html?language=en#googlebase

http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/datacables/nokia/nokia_mini_easy_port_usb_cable.htm

Colin

Peter:
Many thanks for that Colin I think that looks just about in my price range too! ;)

I had looked up one of the Nokia PC Suite forums and saw that many others had had similar problems too, although to be fair quite a few had not, so frustrating this technology for an old un! :baby:

Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version