Computers & Hardware > Other Technologies & Hardware

Nokia PC Suite problem

<< < (2/3) > >>

camallison:
Glad to have been of help.   :)

>> so frustrating this technology for an old un!

I celebrated my 61st birthday exactly one week ago ....... but grew up with the technology, programming my first "computer" in 1965.  Nokia have a reputation for updating their handsets without any thought for the poor consumer.

I bet you don't upgrade your handset every 18 months the way some of the young uns do ..... or sooner if they have the money.

Colin

Peter:
To be honest Colin this is my first moblie phone, bought under duress as a means of keeping in touch during an recent illness my wife had.

Mybe you can answer this for me, I have found that over night the battery runs down even when the phone is switched off, is this normal? :no:

Peter

camallison:
Are you sure you are switching it fully off?  If I remember correctly, you need to press and hold the off button for some 10 seconds for it to fully switch off.  Forgive me if you do this already - but I had to ask   :)

PS - I hope your wife is well on the road to recovery.

Peter:
 ???My first thought was I hadn't switched it off, but I had, maybe we have a ghost making late night calls! :'(

Wife is doing fine righjt now thanks.

Peter

camallison:
All I can suspect is that you have a dying battery - there was a batch (sold through O2 if I remember correctly) that did have problems within a year.

The good news is that a replacement battery is cheap:

http://www.uk-mobilestore.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=312

Colin :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version