Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Authentication Failure  (Read 11176 times)

ekky

• Just arrived
Re: Authentication Failure
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 11:03:51 AM »

No - no account of any type with any provider for that name, address and phone number.

Ammit

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 11:10:40 AM »

Totally check with them that they haven't f'd it up.  Sounds like they have.

ekky

• Just arrived
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 07:18:41 PM »

Magically, following the call this morning when Tiscali thought they were calling Amanda (with a different landline number) the internet connection is now working.

Thanks for the help guys.

There's now just the question of recouping the 1 month subscription whilst the connection did not work and the call charges incurred to Tiscali technical support.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2008, 10:35:18 PM »

Good luck with the rebate, and I hope it's OK now. :)
  Eric

Ammit

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 10:44:45 AM »

I think that they finally must have realised their mistake.  DOH!!  :lol:

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 11:05:31 AM »

I'd be asking for a rebate and if the response isn't an IMMEDIATE yes cancel the DD anyway and write to their complaints dept.

ekky

• Just arrived
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 06:50:17 PM »

They also called back today and I asked what they had done to get the connection working.  The representative said the engineer had made changes to the profile and agreed that a reimbursement for calls etc was due.  Letter to the complaint dept. is under way.

She still asked me how Amanda was getting on though - I don't know who she is but I hope her connection is working again soon!

Gold star to Ezzer for his correct deduction of the problem.

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2008, 12:05:06 PM »

Magically, following the call this morning when Tiscali thought they were calling Amanda (with a different landline number) the internet connection is now working.

Thanks for the help guys.

There's now just the question of recouping the 1 month subscription whilst the connection did not work and the call charges incurred to Tiscali technical support.

I've seen this sort of thing happen once before, 2 people having the same profile, in the case I came accross it appeared to be a typo as the end user I was faulting had an ip address ending in something like 12 and the conflicting end user somewhere in the country should have been 21, they both had the same digits entered so when one was on the other couldn't get on line. I was a lot more involved in trying to work out with the isp (oops did i say i spoke to an isp  :-X shhhhh) what had happened. the fact they were expecting to speak to someone called Amanda makes me think yous may have been a very similar situation
Pages: 1 [2]