Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Beyond Belief  (Read 10191 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Beyond Belief
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2008, 06:41:29 PM »

It wasnt clear from the interview on that page whether the guy was working or not...

But the one thing that he mentioned in his bills that he had to pay was "Council Tax" which presumably if he was unemployed then he wouldnt have to.
What some people may not realise is that there are situations were people can be working and in employment or means of other income...  the result of which it takes them below the level of what some others who wholly live on benefits actually get.  Thats wrong!
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
Re: Beyond Belief
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2008, 07:15:26 PM »

It wasnt clear from the interview on that page whether the guy was working or not...

But the one thing that he mentioned in his bills that he had to pay was "Council Tax" which presumably if he was unemployed then he wouldnt have to.
What some people may not realise is that there are situations were people can be working and in employment or means of other income...  the result of which it takes them below the level of what some others who wholly live on benefits actually get.  Thats wrong!
Yes it is wrong, I totally agree with you.
They could also be being penalised if they have any savings over the limit.

This is why "some people" go on the dole, as they can in some circumstances be financially better off.

And sorry if this may sound sceptical, but it is a news story and we hear and see only what they want us to.
Pages: 1 2 [3]