Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Monday Chat  (Read 3019 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Monday Chat
« on: September 22, 2008, 08:36:19 AM »

Mornin all,looks like the sunny spell of warm weather has deserted us (well some of us).Been busy last few days putting up a fence and some gates on my driveway.After having my tyres let down the other week I thoought it was about time I improved security,especially with the dark nights are about to decend on us.A job that years ago would have been completed in a day has took me nearly all week.When you can't bend down and kneel it makes life difficult,but with a bit of help I got there.  :)
Have a great day whatever you're doing. :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Monday Chat
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 09:40:47 AM »

Morning all..  bit of hazy sun here... still unsure if its going to turn out nice or if its going to become overcast.
The BBC reports sunny spells - so fingers crossed  :sun:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 10:25:38 AM »

Morning.
Lovely and sunny, warmish. A nice early autumn day, and the fourth in a row.........a nice spell we are having.

Sorry to hear that the vandals have been at the car, unkyUb............right little *%%$**&£""* they are.

Was it Blue who assisted at the fence building, or does he just take the supervisory role ?  :D I can just hear the wee whimpers and sighs of boredom whilst he waits for you to finish and he can go walkies.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »

@ TD,he does like to get involved in anything outdoors,like digging,munching stones and running off with off cuts of timber .As regards to the walkies dept,thats Sue's domain . :)
As regards the car tyre thing,quite a few people have had their tyres let down and a couple have had them slashed,so even though my car is always parked on the drive a bit of added security was called for.If I had a choice my own personal security method would involve two barrels.  >:D

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 10:47:05 AM »

Morning everyone,

Back at last.  Percy is still with us but not at all well, got him back from the vets last Wednesday and I've been hand feeding him a lot and giving him his daily 1/8th of a crushed tablet  :o and although he is eating more and picked up on Saturday, he's now got his leg problem back where he can't get about much.  He is chirpy as much as he can be, will talk to the vet later re Percy's leg... he didn't find a tumour on him with the xray so said it could be gout  :o  Will take advice and see how things go.  Haven't been on because I've been too upset and not felt like communicating...sorry.

Hope your car stays alright Uncy, the b@rstids these yobs are... I know what I'd like to do to them, but I'd be put in prison....sigh.

Hope everyone has a good day, very dull, cold and not looking very nice out there at the moment.  Hope you enjoy your warmish autumnal day TD, must be heartening to see when it rarely looks as though bonnie Scotland gets good weather for very long anyway.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 11:14:18 AM »

Sorry Percy is still not well Chrissie,sounds as though he is a right little fighter.Who would have thought budgies get gout.Try and keep your spirits up and stay positive.You are doing everything possible for the little mite and the vet is by the sounds of it.What clever people thes are.

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 11:17:00 AM »

Said it before,bring back stocks.

This might cheer some up (bear with the story it gets better)

As I've mentioned before there's a young chap with cancer. While the mum has spend 4 months looking after him in hospital the eldest was left home. He's trashed the house, fed the dogs but didn't walk them so there's 4 months worth of filth (including poop etc) everywhere, the place was flea infested, walls messed up. His excuse was the younger brother was getting all the attention for months (the blokes 20 for god sake! >:() the younger sister understands the situation ?

So everyone has dived in last week and cleared the house completely (only a couple of items could be saved) redecorated, painted, cleaned. Gave, begged, done deals for different items. got new doors carpets, got some new furnishings. the place looks amazing. It's fascinating how so many people can come together with such drive for some one  :'((especialy as this all should have been so unessasary) It was like a communal version of those make over programs. Hopefully the finishing touches should done at this moment so he can move back home this evening. A load of us will be there for the moment   ;D  

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 11:26:15 AM »

@ Ezzer,my god he should be ashamed of himself,his own little brother dying in hospital and that a******* wants attention.I'd give him all the attention he wants believe me. >:(
Thank god there's genuine caring people out there.  :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 12:03:13 PM »

Just catching up on some of the news on here   ......

Chrissie,   I was sorry to read about Percy not being too well  .....   he's obviously having too much port if it's gout  :):   I do hope he's OK ....we get very attached to our pets don't we  ..and quite right too, but it is such a worry when they are not well ....  glad to read that you are ship shape at home again.

Unc ....  I haven't found anything about your holiday in Northumberland, I did think about you whilst we were away when I heard of the heavy rains in Morpeth, just hope it didn't affect you, and that Blue had a good holiday    ......   oh and you too    ;)

Kitz  good to read that Chaz is making good progress....and glad to see that Kim's pub crawl was a success.

Ezzer;  How very sad to read about the little boy with cancer...life is not fair is it !  You are doing sterling work on his behalf and it's heart-warming to read of yours and others efforts.    I have a feeling that his brother's actions are perhaps his reaction to all that it happening around him and although initial reaction is one of incredulity none of us know what it going on in his head.  To give him the benefit of the doubt, his brother is going to die, his parents are naturally turning all their attention to the young boy, thus the elder one feels  neglected,  but perhaps more so, frightened.  No matter how old he is and how grown up he might be, he is very vulnerable at the moment too.. he appears to have been left with a lot of responsibility even for a 20 year old, I feel that his his remark about his brother getting all the attention is a cry for help.   I feel desperately  sorry for the whole family; the parents must be in turmoil and will need continuing support, and  so will the rest of the family.   As I say, life is not fair !

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 12:11:46 PM »

What a tragic story, ezzer,................that poor, poor mother having to cope with a wee lad suffering an incurable disease and now also faced with a son who is so terribly insecure that he feels the need to destroy his home and all that is in it. And, in his own mind, that will include his mother and wee brother.

It is so good to see that the folks rallied round and sorted out the physical problems in the house, the psychological problems will take a long time and a lot of hard work to eradicate.
Fortunately, the good and caring folks are still in the majority.........good on you all for your actions.

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 02:48:47 PM »

Good point about the brother venting his insecurities, although things looked a lot more hope full months ago.

I've only done a little bit in the house, so many of the others have been at it all last week which included the inital clean-up (the worst bit). Was passing by on my lunch break. brother in law is hanging new internal doors & the landlord of the local is doing up the bathroom. I only had time to put a hole in a wall & recleat a bit of an aerial cable. There's more going on this afternoon

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 05:31:56 PM »

I sorta found myself on a train back to Lincoln yesterday.....
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.