Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Aquiss Broadband - A Review  (Read 363 times)

snadge

• Kitizen
Aquiss Broadband - A Review
« on: February 15, 2024, 05:44:43 PM »

Hi all  :)

Four months ago I switched from BT900/10ms @ £78 a month - to - Aquiss900/16ms @ £27.50 a month for 6 month then £55 thereafter (12 month contract - no yearly CPI Increases either!). The connection is brilliant - 910+ / 16ms day and night - even 905Mbps / 32ms on IRE VPN (NordLynx) - its been 4 months and so far Ive had no issue's. I can strongly recommend it

One of the things I love most about it is, I'm supporting a family run business, rather than putting money into the pockets of the "super rich" companies!

also, forcing the customer to buy their own router is good practice. it forced my hand (and I wanted one) and got the TP-LINK AR73, the only thing I don't like about AQUISS is the static IP address, so I use a Proxy or VPN, and the TP-LINK GUI is a bit horrid with its white and extremely light blue colours, but nothing Grease Monkey cant sort out.

BT made leaving very difficult, they lied, and try to have me for £50 + £18, I kept receiving their texts saying I hadn't sent the router back, and I had 7 days or I'm charged £50, when I sent it in 5 weeks before and had proof of postage AND proof of receipt - so got the £50 squashed, the £18 charge was because I ordered to leave at E.O.C so I owed nothing (08/11/23) - they changed it to the 20/10/23, and tried to charge me £18 for it! - I got that squashed after explaining the date issues AND saying I had evidence to prove it..

Thing is, yer average Joe Blog's would 'think' they must owe it and would have paid it!! especially the elderly... I saw others on their forum with the same issues, it makes you wonder...how many BT leavers are treated like this? it was the first ISP for me, to increase prices during contract, 5% they said at £55 = £2.75 (£57.75) yet it went up to £68 instead! just after 6 month of being on BT - then from £68 to £78 the following April!!  -  NEVER AGAIN!!

Hope your all well
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 05:59:25 PM by snadge »
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: Aquiss Broadband - A Review
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2024, 06:03:58 PM »

the only thing I don't like about AQUISS is the static IP address

Which ironically would be a selling point for a lot of us.

I don't think IP address is as heavily used to identify people as it used to be, given they know its shared and would rather profile individual users.

There's also some key benefits in that you aren't stuck behind restrictive CG-NAT and you aren't subject to any blocks the previous user may have caused by doing something dodgy.

Of course it means the ISP can more easily track activity back to you, except a small ISP wont have the equipment to do that anyway as its very expensive.  Its a key reason even Zen get out of the court ordered content filtering as they're still not big enough for it to be economically viable, though how long this remains so I do not know.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

anything