Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: OneStream broadband  (Read 605 times)

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
OneStream broadband
« on: February 02, 2024, 02:10:08 PM »

Just hunting around for a fibre broadband supplier (FTTC only in my area) and Onestream popped up with a good deal.
Has anyone any experience of them? The only reference I found was a while back suggesting they were a TalkTalk reseller.

I'm after a new (additional) line installation (SOGEA) alongside my existing BT phone line and they said they would do that with just their standard £5 installation charge and then about £20/month (exact price depends on contract length). "Only if there's digging or similar" would they charge more.

I assume after the initial contract term there's a significant price increase, but that's not stated clearly. Easy to deal with when it happens, either they match the competition, extend the deal or I would jump ship!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 02:14:19 PM by HPsauce »

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Reg Member
Re: OneStream broadband
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024, 04:56:28 PM »

AAISP 1000/115 FTTP routed by opnsense on proxmox. Even my WiFi is baller

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: OneStream broadband
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2024, 05:33:31 PM »

Interesting; I know about the "extras" and would cancel them immediately if I can't omit them from the order.
As for a router I'd supply my own (they say you can) but if they gave me one I'd have no problems configuring it.
I'm sort of tempted to go for a minimum (12-month) contract for the free installation then move, or maybe just use their pricing to haggle elsewhere?

Edit: I also looked on Trustpilot (more reviews -almost 14,000 vs 19!) which inevitably had the usual complaints (and some praise) but also I noted: "the bundled security was easy to cancel using the customer portal on their website" which is good.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 07:02:43 PM by HPsauce »