Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Max's checker results  (Read 6541 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Max's checker results
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2023, 12:47:09 PM »

To sum up.

Your post 20th Jan saying you had moved into a new house where you had g.fast 330/50 was a lie.
Your last post 28th Jun saying you had g.fast is no longer true and has been cancelled.

So this wasn't true, and the checker showing a 330/50 G.fast link from 2 days before your post was someone else's.
No that my line access ID. I don't have G.fast anymore.

The line data in that new house post is slightly different compared here at Cuckoo Oak here
The data for the supposed new property looks better than the current Cuckoo Oak property.
The supposed new property supports 17/1.5 Annex M. 
New property 17Mbps adsl2+ -v- current only 4.5Mbps.
New property G.fast impacted 330/50 high and low -v- current 264/35 high 196/17 low.

Then there was a speedtest showing 326Mbps so for all accounts it looks like it was was on a g.fast connection, but it must have been Cuckoo Oak.  Why on earth would anyone order g.gast at cuckoo oak and then say it was at the new property. You dont order g.fast on your old property if you are moving to a new one. Basically you've shown a speed test done on Cuckoo Oak but telling us that it was from a new home the other side of Telford

Just to clarify, I think this is the current connection at Cuckoo Oak:

A BT Home Essentials Unlimited Fibre Plan 2 (80/20) £20
5G Hub with unlimited 5G with Smarty for £12 pm.  I cant find that package deal on their site - the best offer I can see atm is unlimited for £20pm reduced to £16, so the £12 is a good deal.
From the 5G hub you are getting speeds of ~600Mbps

So no, you don't need g.fast if you're regularly getting 600Mbps on 5G and have dirt cheap 80/20 FTTC.

------

I've edited this post. I'm not going into explanations as it's not going to change anything. At the end of the day you'll go and do what you want completely ignoring advice.  Only for you to later regret it and end up having to weasel of the contract usually leaving someone else to pick up out of pocket expenses not to mention staff time.

The thing that strikes me most is that it seems to have gone completely over your head that you've been caught fabricating a story about a non-existent broadband connection.  There's no indication of any remorse that you've been caught red handed posting a big fat lie

I've no idea why you should reopen a 7 month old thread about the checker when the issue is the BTw data not yet updating after what I think is a product change. Does it really matter, it recommends you use the address checker anyhow for FTTP.

I'm not pleased at what you've done, if you had an ounce of decency you would at least apologise for wasting peoples time.  I'm leaving the thread open but that doesn't mean its there for people to take a pop.  Mental Health may well be involved but that's no excuse for certain behaviour.  Any such posts will be deleted.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 04:36:45 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2023, 03:41:41 PM »

Smarty is £12 on social tariff, but I doubt you can have more than one social tariff at the same time (each application requires confirmation from the DWP) so VDSL would be full price I'd expect.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 03:46:46 PM by Alex Atkin UK »
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Derpy

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2023, 04:21:43 PM »

Smarty is £12 on social tariff, but I doubt you can have more than one social tariff at the same time (each application requires confirmation from the DWP) so VDSL would be full price I'd expect.

I dont want to derail but I do think you can have both, you just cant have multiple £12 smarty sims but you can have a social tariff mobile sim and a social tariff home connection.

Also just to add this was the post about him getting FTTP:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/threads/testing-three-4g-5g-inc-id-smarty.37064/post-315598
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 04:23:47 PM by Derpy »

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2023, 04:40:13 PM »

I dont want to derail but I do think you can have both, you just cant have multiple £12 smarty sims but you can have a social tariff mobile sim and a social tariff home connection.

Also just to add this was the post about him getting FTTP:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/threads/testing-three-4g-5g-inc-id-smarty.37064/post-315598

That would make sense I guess given the Smarty tariff is meant for a phone, I just happen to use it in a router as a backup.  So one mobile connection and one fixed seems logical.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2023, 05:02:17 PM »

cos Three are pant awful

I guess the 5G 618Mbps didnt work out too well then? :(
The cost of a new hub and exit fees has made that an expensive experiment.
Now to exit the  Smarty contract but I think they are only 1m.

Nope as surprised FTTP become available now! Going to order FTTP 1000/220

Ouch £53.99 per month.  That wont be available with BT essentials which iirc is either 40/10 or 80/20 FTTC.
To me that is a lot of money per month for someone who doesn't need that amount of bandwidth
Oh well if its what will make him finally happy.   
It just kind of proves that it isn't about stability - it's all about willy waving speed tests :/

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2023, 06:15:11 PM »

*Sigh'*

You posted the checker result from one of the nearby newer builds in Madeley on ISPR and pretended it was yours, didn't you Max? The G.fast and ADSL speeds both dropped substantially on the one you claimed showed you could get FTTP.

Much as you posted someone else's checker result back in January. The ADSL speeds on that one were a lot higher, and it had an SOADSL restriction in place.

The lack of FTTP on both the BTW checker results at the start of this thread sticks out, as does your ongoing bitterness as early as in the past week over not having access to full fibre. There's also no way you wouldn't be posting all over the place when FTTP became available.

You lied in January. You lied on ISPR in July. You are lying here now.

Is this the part where you go on the 'How dare you!' rant and demand that the thread be closed, or take responsibility for your comments?
YouFibre You8000 customer: symmetrical 8 Gbps.

Yes, more money than sense. Story of my life.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2023, 02:04:19 AM »

Openreach are taking me to court soon.  ??? :( Got letter from them! Also Thomas Bibb telling me off to stop bombard him! Poltergeist haunting me every nights!

Code: [Select]

Stuart Parr out of network 3rd+ ServiceNow Evangelist
1d
Troll in the comments complaining that you haven't laid millions of pounds of fibre to Cuckoo Oak to get to his house 😂
6 Replies 6 Replies on Stuart Parr’s comment
Thomas BibbView Thomas Bibb’s profile  (He/Him) Author 🛠️ CEO & Founder at Exascale |💡Dyslexic Thinker | 🚀 Championing SMEs in Shropshire
1d
Stuart Parr he obviously doesn’t understand the economics nor the expense of laying a fibre optic network.
Stuart ParrView Stuart Parr’s profile  • 3rd+ ServiceNow Evangelist
1d
(edited)
Thomas Bibb I was at Telewest when the money ran out and they merged with ntl and then Virgin came in with a wad of cash to bail it out. Even with the number of potential customers they have and the extra services on top it was ruinously expensive building out the network and literally bankrupted them, they ended up doing a debt for equity swap to avoid going into administration. It would be so easy for you to over-stretch yourself at this stage.
Carl ThomasView Carl Thomas’ profile  • 3rd+ Helping customers build high availability, resilient and secure software-defined networks
1d
You've read that too, Stuart Parr? He's a strange guy with some issues.
Carl ThomasView Carl Thomas’ profile  • 3rd+ Helping customers build high availability, resilient and secure software-defined networks
1d
Thomas Bibb I suspect you've had more than one contact from him. Given how often he writes to Openreach I'm sure he'll have emailed you more than once. Claims to have, anyway.
See profile for Thomas Bibb
Thomas Bibb (He/Him) Author 🛠️ CEO & Founder at Exascale |💡Dyslexic Thinker | 🚀 Championing SMEs in Shropshire
1d
(edited)
Carl Thomas indeed, we’ve had numerous messages from the individual in question.
See profile for Carl Thomas
Carl Thomas out of network 3rd+ Helping customers build high availability, resilient and secure software-defined networks
1d
(edited)
Thomas Bibb Sorry to hear that. He's as much of a nightmare when an ISP connects him. Slightest hint of issues or buyer's remorse and he'll be trying to get out of contract.

He's left a few providers out of pocket, including a couple of SMEs 😔
See profile for Acer M.
Acer M. out of network 3rd+ Director at Acer Utilities LTD
3d
If you need any resource, give me a shout bud 👍

« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 02:12:52 AM by adslmax »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2023, 02:56:18 AM »

You posted the checker result from one of the nearby newer builds in Madeley on ISPR and pretended it was yours, didn't you Max?

It looks like the checker result that Derpy pointed out is also a fake.  The line rates are quite close, but they just dont quite add up to being past checker results for his own line. The image on ISPR with FTTP is dated 29 July, yet yesterdays checker results show no sign of FTTP being available.

Aside from that there was the email from Openreach FND exec 7 weeks ago saying there were no plans for FTTP.  I find it incredibly  hard to believe that any exchange could in just 7 weeks go from no plans to being able to place an order.   If FTTP is now available to order, then the kit would have been being installed at about the time Max made his enquiry. I'm absolutely certain that the FND would have been aware of an impending change and at least been happy to drop a hint that its coming soon.   I'd also expect Max to physically see them doing work in the area.

Got email from Openreach

r*********.w******@openreach.co.uk
 I’ve done a search on the system and sadly there are still no immediate plans with Openreach to upgrade your property to fibre to the premises.

If FTTP was available to order then I fully would have expected him to be posting about it here and all the other places that he visits.   I'm also confused about the so called BT Essentials and the Syscom g.fast connection (see below) as all posts come from an Unchained ISP connection probably indicating indicating he still has the SoGEA 80/20 with Unchained.

-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2023, 03:20:10 AM »

Max, you  went very quiet for about 5 months after you said that you'd moved and got 330/50 g.fast, so I just assumed that all was well living in a new home and actually enjoying your connection.  I had no idea it was all a big lie and you still must have been on the 80/20 SoGEA product.  There was a wobble of uncertainty in May June, but I just thought that it was renewal time and he was weighing up his options for the next 12 months. Its only looking back I realise how much you were flitting around.

I've done a quick scan through Max's latest last posts and these are some of the events that stood out to me.  There's probably more. 

Phil, you need to look at these, this isn't just is not normal rational behaviour, you're jumping around like a kid in a toy shop not knowing what toy you really want. You are so fixated on speed that any thought for stability, suitability and finance goes out of the window. You ignore any practical advice you have been given and even repeat past mistakes.  You chose the biggest even though it may not be the best, and then you repent later.   I'm pointing this out with genuine concern that you need to get help as your obsession has got out of hand again when you start fabricating products or events that just aren't true. I could take the easy option and ban you, but you'd still go do it elsewhere.

Jan 30
I am now in a new home with G.fast. Happy overall. Max line speed 410/75 with G.fast 330/50.

My house just under 70m from G.fast pod.

Total silence for 4 months. 
Natural assumption is that all was well with a g.fast connection in new home.
until...

May 13
I bite the bull and order Three 5G Hub (NR5103E) unlocked from trusted seller for £185. And 5G does work in the loft. Getting 600/13 from Doseley 5G mast.

May 13th
Maybe I should stay with fttc until fttp come along. Don't want G.fast because it too pricey.

May 13th
I think I am going to order BT Social Tariff next month when my current isp UnchainedISP expired contract. Will go for BT unlimited fibre plan £20 a month (that £20 cheaper than UnchainedISP £39.98)

I think I stick to reliable landline broadband as other has saying mobile could be congestion and even downtime and took them months to fix it.

May 13th
Lebara unlimited data bundle for £9.98 3 month
Just ordered thanks, going to put cease order on the line next month. Will using 5G hub with lebara 4G+ £9.98 for three months and swap sim every three months. BARGAIN.

No thanks I don't want BT or EE social tariff because of hard search credit check will ruined my credit rating.

May 30th
but I will never go back to G.fast ever again!
 Happy with UnchainedISP SoGEA 80/20. Very reliable for 12 months now with no issues or no DLM.  ;D

Jun15 2023   Some various stats
31-05-2022   223.3/35.6 Gfast sync speed
01-04-2022   257.3/38.6
03-02-2023   79.6/20
06-06-2023   79.6/20

Jun 18

Going to placed an order with G.fast 160/30 next month as my SoGEA 80/20 has expired contract next week. This time I am going to staying with 160/30.  ;)

Jun 20
Not going to order G.fast will staying on with sogea for another 12 months with discretion offer

Jun 21
I have decided to move to BT social tariff having fibre 40/10 @ £15 a month as I don't use any call plan for over 10 years.  I believe 40/10 will be more than enough for two people in my household including myself and my daughter both of using streaming etc Netflix and Now TV.

Got email from Openreach

r*********.w******@openreach.co.uk
 I’ve done a search on the system and sadly there are still no immediate plans with Openreach to upgrade your property to fibre to the premises.

Jun 22nd
Good news BT said I am eligible for BT Home Essentials – Unlimited Fibre Plan for £20 a month. Will be leaving UnchainedISP next month. I think it more sense to have line rental, unlimited call plan to landlines and mobile with FTTC 80/20 for cheaper £20 a month because of ongoing cost of living. That's will suited me fine.  ;)

Jun 23
Back to 80/20 now :)

Stats recorded 23 Jun 2023 02:56:42
Max:    Upstream rate = 27899 Kbps, Downstream rate = 87360 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 20000 Kbps, Downstream rate = 79999 Kbps

28 Jun

My G.fast was installed today upstair my pc room. Openreach put new socket with new cable this afternoon. Very happy overall with my new ISP.

New ISP: https://www.syscomm.co.uk/services/connectivity/gfast/

g.fast 330/50 £60pm + £60 install 2yr

No still the same on Cuckoo Oak. The only working is full address and Access Line ID but phone number will not working. With BT Social Tariff with phone number 80/20 @ £20 a month.

SoGEA 80/20 £20pm

You need to slow down and stop the constant quest for the fastest connection.  As hard as it is to accept, you are never going to be able to practically afford the fastest.   You don't even need it.  You are landing yourself with financial burdens you cant afford and chasing speeds designed for business or large households and/or those who have nothing else to spend their money on.  It must have cost a small fortune recently to set up the 4/5g hub and you're becoming a nuisance pestering people who arent going to change plans and put fibre in Cuckoo Oak just for you.

Ive just seen your post, why are BT taking you to court?
-----

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2023, 01:59:39 PM »

Openreach are taking me to court soon.  ??? :( Got letter from them! Also Thomas Bibb telling me off to stop bombard him!

The Openreach action is to force you to stop emailing/calling them, isn't it?

Thomas Bibb and Exascale, even if/when they do build your area, will not connect you. No chance. There's nothing for you to gain from contacting him.

CEOs and other altnet staff do speak to one another. How many altnets have you contacted besides Exascale and Hyperoptic?

EDIT: Just FYI I'm the Carl Thomas in that conversation.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 03:52:30 PM by XGS_Is_On »

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2023, 02:31:32 PM »

Its frightening that he could end up talking himself into not having a connection at all.

What happens if you get blacklisted?  Its my understanding broadband is considered an essential these days, so would BT still be obligated to provide a basic service?

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2023, 03:06:16 PM »

Its frightening that he could end up talking himself into not having a connection at all.

What happens if you get blacklisted?  Its my understanding broadband is considered an essential these days, so would BT still be obligated to provide a basic service?

I would like to think there'll now be a marker in place against his name/address/addresses, on the Openreach systems at least ?.

Similar to the ones against non-payers, aggressive customers, unclean working environments etc etc ... bloke's an utter menace to all and sundry. 

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2023, 03:25:22 PM »

Reminder, folks, the man can and probably is reading this. Let's keep it brutal, honest but civil.

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2023, 03:29:23 PM »

No. 4G/5G delivers USO, and VMO2 is available.

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2023, 04:49:31 PM »

I really doubt OR are taking him to court, it doesn’t work that way. Just another lie to get attention, and frustrate everyone else. @kitz is a Saint here, anyone else would have barred him for good.
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4