Announcements > Site & Forum Discussion

Web Site Hyperlinks Within Posts

<< < (2/4) > >>

kitz:

--- Quote from: tiffy on September 17, 2021, 12:04:29 PM ---When incorporating a web site hyperlink in a post have noted that most sites (certainly u-tube sites) actually graphically appear in the post as well as the hyperlink, has this always been the case?

--- End quote ---

Should just be the social media type sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter.   
The old plugins started to break and conflict about 3-4 years ago.  In the end I gave up chasing mod authors and instead installed the current mod which in addition also supposedly handles reddit, iinstagram and google maps.

jelv:
This might work:

MQTT with RPi & Arduino
MQTT Tutorial

Edit: It does, but a bit of a pain to do!

tiffy:
Thanks to all for the input and explanations, every day's a school day!

@b*cat:
Yes, your solution certainly works but it's not a hyperlink any more so perhaps defeats the original objective.

@jelv:
Your suggestion is the biz, perhaps you could elaborate how it's achieved when time permits if not too complicated.

burakkucat:

--- Quote from: tiffy on September 17, 2021, 09:24:29 PM ---@b*cat:
Yes, your solution certainly works but it's not a hyperlink any more so perhaps defeats the original objective.

--- End quote ---

Agreed but that was the best I could offer . . . Highlight the text of the link and right-click to open in a new tab (or whatever).

Alex Atkin UK:

--- Quote from: burakkucat on September 18, 2021, 12:03:53 AM ---Agreed but that was the best I could offer . . . Highlight the text of the link and right-click to open in a new tab (or whatever).

--- End quote ---

Bit more tricky for mobile users, which I would presume are the ones that want to save the screen space by not having it embedded as its not a big deal on desktop IMO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version